The 2015 US Open Thread

Bob Rossberg  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better score?

• Cole Hammer
    • Tiger Woods

I want blood and carnage... proper rough and Shinnicock style greens, :drool: no birdie fest... Winning score must not be under par... A true test :madra:

:popcorn:

Amen sister... :cheers:

And it must be decided on Sunday... No ties at the end of 72 with Monday playoff BS !!!!

Amen. Not a fan of that either. I like the three hole aggregate myself even better than the sudden death. Next day 18 hole playoff sucks...

Maybe. But the 18 hole playoff is the better way to determine the better golfer.

Disagree. It just reveals who has a better day the day after the tournament. Its very anticlimactic in my view and the three hole aggregate is the better compromise. The flow and excitement isn't interrupted and it gives you the best player that day which is what we are looking for. Worked great at The Players and has also at past Open Championships. Just my opinion...

The longer any tournament goes the more likely it is for the better player to emerge victorous. Look at basketball for an example of this. The NBA champion is almost always the best team while in the NCAA tournament is much more likely not to be, because 4 out of 7 tells you more about the relative team strength than one and done.

I want blood and carnage... proper rough and Shinnicock style greens, :drool: no birdie fest... Winning score must not be under par... A true test :madra:

And it must be decided on Sunday... No ties at the end of 72 with Monday playoff BS !!!!

Amen. Not a fan of that either. I like the three hole aggregate myself even better than the sudden death. Next day 18 hole playoff sucks...

Maybe. But the 18 hole playoff is the better way to determine the better golfer.

Disagree. It just reveals who has a better day the day after the tournament. Its very anticlimactic in my view and the three hole aggregate is the better compromise. The flow and excitement isn't interrupted and it gives you the best player that day which is what we are looking for. Worked great at The Players and has also at past Open Championships. Just my opinion...

The longer any tournament goes the more likely it is for the better player to emerge victorous. Look at basketball for an example of this. The NBA champion is almost always the best team while in the NCAA tournament is much more likely not to be, because 4 out of 7 tells you more about the relative team strength than one and done.

Agree to disagree. Golf is an individual sport and is just different in my view. That is the best I can do but just don't think the 18 hole playoff is needed at all...

Agree to disagree. Golf is an individual sport and is just different in my view. That is the best I can do but just don't think the 18 hole playoff is needed at all...

Not worth an argument :cheers:

• Like 1

Not worth an argument :cheers:

Nope... :)
  • Like 1

Can't wait, in a few years I get to walk the Shinnicock course during the Open again. Hopefully the rough will grow thick then unlike the 2004 debacle.

Tree: Its a very relaxing and intriguing sport to watch on TV, and to play, its like chess in a gorgeous wooded park or shoreline ocean view.

Oh I odn't mind golf really. I did achieve my goal in the thread though which is to somehow divert people towards the SAINTS! :clap: :banana:

Ridiculous and complete farce according to some....

http://nypost.com/20...us-open-course/

I read Fox plans to show 38.5 hours of this tournament...

Bunch of whiners.

• Like 1

Bunch of whiners.

Yeah, the complainers come off pretty badly. Shut up and play golf.

Henrik Stenson has sucked on the tour the last two years guess he has get his excuse out of the way before he even starts. Poor sad multi-millionaire has to play golf 6 days a week, :moon:
  • Like 1

Find some old articles regarding the TPC Sawgrass when they first started playing there. Same sh*t different era...

In the 70s, the US Open couldn't officially begin until Tom Weiskopf bitched about the course.
  • Like 1

They just showed footage of the fairways and how firm they are. The balls are bouncing 3, 4 feet in the air. It's going to be a fun week!
  • Like 1

Bunch of whiners.

Yeah, the complainers come off pretty badly. Shut up and play golf.

The complainers are taking themselves right out of the tournament mentally. The others who showed up early and got extra rounds in have the advantage.

• Like 2

Was just watching a piece about how Chambers Bay was born and eventually got the Open. Geez I hope Fox does this thing justice. The course just looks way cool. I have already heard about the gazillion cameras and fancy tech stuff Fox has going on there. Just hope its not overdone and they ruin in. Old school, out... :codger:
  • Like 1

Was just watching a piece about how Chambers Bay was born and eventually got the Open. Geez I hope Fox does this thing justice. The course just looks way cool. I have already heard about the gazillion cameras and fancy tech stuff Fox has going on there. Just hope its not overdone and they ruin in. Old school, out... :codger:

Fox will make us wish for dignified coverage, and Jim Nantz.

Or Jim McKay... :) Nantz does beat out the CBS 2nd stringer Bill Macatee all day however... :|

Or Jim McKay... :) Nantz does beat out the CBS 2nd stringer Bill Macatee all day however... :|

Bill Macatee beats Rich Lerner in my books

Should have stopped at "coverage".

• Like 1

The course looks completely badass. PGA has spoiled these brats with -18 ready courses. Take yer medicine!
  • Like 2

The course looks completely badass. PGA has spoiled these brats with -18 ready courses. Take yer medicine!

I've heard they'll be using drones in their coverage.

I've heard they'll be using drones in their coverage.

I saw that too. Good grief...