The 2015 US Open Thread

Bob Rossberg  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better score?

• Cole Hammer
    • Tiger Woods

Well, the US Open is coming up next week.

Any predictions? Looking forward to Joe Buck and Fox's coverage? :scared:

M.C Hammer could probably do better at this point. As far as Joe Buck goes... :| :boo hiss:

M.C Hammer could probably do better at this point. As far as Joe Buck goes... :| :boo hiss:

Joe Buck does golf now? With all the really good golf commentators out there, Fox is using Buck just because Buck is a Fox guy? Really?

Yep... :(

Joe Buck does golf now? With all the really good golf commentators out there, Fox is using Buck just because Buck is a Fox guy? Really?

Branding.

He'll be lost without Troy Aikmann telling him what's actually going on.

• Like 1

Branding.

It's a shame Fox Sports has chosen Joe Buck to be the voice of their brand, but did it have to extend to golf? Something tells me we'll be seeing those extremely outdated Transformer-style robot graphics, too.

• Like 2

The daily Fox coverage looks like it will be lengthy (8 - 11 hours??) as it should be.. (not the measly crumbs Billy Payne in the @ss gives us with the Masters)....

I am trying to brace myself that the coverage will be ok, but Holly Sanders was stolen away from the Golf Channel to be part of the Fox coverage and she's eye candy as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a fan of Buck... already I'm thinking it will be inferior coverage.... As I said to Narps last week, we may be wishing for a couple of the commentators we currently don't like.

Oh NBC, you did such a good job in the past, why did you let this one slip away???

• Like 1

The daily Fox coverage looks like it will be lengthy (8 - 11 hours??) as it should be.. (not the measly crumbs Billy Payne in the @ss gives us with the Masters)....

I am trying to brace myself that the coverage will be ok, but Holly Sanders was stolen away from the Golf Channel to be part of the Fox coverage and she's eye candy as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a fan of Buck... already I'm thinking it will be inferior coverage.... As I said to Narps last week, we may be wishing for a couple of the commentators we currently don't like.

Oh NBC, you did such a good job in the past, why did you let this one slip away???

$.

Oh, and $.

And then there's $.

Finally, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

• Like 1

The US Open doesn't start till September. Flushing Meadows is empty right now...

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

As it should be...actually drove by there the other day...on my way to see Rush in Virginia! The new HUGE retractable roof is coming along nicely. If you be nice, we'll let tennis share our name...for now ;)

The US Open doesn't start till September. Flushing Meadows is empty right now...

As it should be...actually drove by there the other day...on my way to see Rush in Virginia! The new HUGE retractable roof is coming along nicely. If you be nice, we'll let tennis share our name...for now ;)

I find golf very,very slow. 90% of the time a few men are just walking and walking in the grass. Then more walking, then more. Golf is just walking with a few hits thrown in here and there. Golf is just a slower version of a walking race, except there's no race, it's just walking...and more walking...

I realize Tiger is struggling mightily but I hope they at least show a few of his shots during all of that coverage :sarcastic: Maybe they can bring McCarver in to over analyse his swing down to the finest minutiae like he did with everything else. That will have me reaching for the lawnmower for sure... :sigh:
  • Like 3

I realize Tiger is struggling mightily but I hope they at least show a few of his shots during all of that coverage :sarcastic: Maybe they can bring McCarver in to over analyse his swing down to the finest minutiae like he did with everything else. That will have me reaching for the lawnmower for sure... :sigh:

He's too busy fuckking all his whores! :joker: :smoke:

I find golf very,very slow. 90% of the time a few men are just walking and walking in the grass. Then more walking, then more. Golf is just walking with a few hits thrown in here and there. Golf is just a slower version of a walking race, except there's no race, it's just walking...and more walking...

Drew Brees is not amused.

What do you like best about golf?

Brees: I love just how hard a game it is. It's something you can never master. You can get close, but it's one of those games that keep you coming back for more. As frustrating as it can be at times, that one great shot or one great hole keeps you coming back. It's relaxing. As crazy as I feel my life is at times, to step out on a golf course is therapeutic. Just to be outside, be in nature, enjoy the beauty of a golf course and be able to play a game that's still competitive. You're still working toward something: you're trying to birdie every hole, you're trying to play better than your handicap. And you play golf with people you like. There are so many great elements to it.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/drew-brees-golf-e1314978103422.jpg

Brees: I love just how hard a game it is. It's something you can never master. You can get close, but it's one of those games that keep you coming back for more. As frustrating as it can be at times, that one great shot or one great hole keeps you coming back. It's relaxing. As crazy as I feel my life is at times, to step out on a golf course is therapeutic. Just to be outside, be in nature, enjoy the beauty of a golf course and be able to play a game that's still competitive. You're still working toward something: you're trying to birdie every hole, you're trying to play better than your handicap. And you play golf with people you like. There are so many great elements to it.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/drew-brees-golf-e1314978103422.jpg

So the old Drew Brees example tactic eh? ;)

Of course. I'm waiting for the One Direction counter...

Of course. I'm waiting for the One Direction counter...

Oh I can't kick them when they're down, they just lost a band member. :facepalm:

I want blood and carnage... proper rough and Shinnicock style greens, :drool: no birdie fest... Winning score must not be under par... A true test :madra:

:popcorn:

Can't wait, in a few years I get to walk the Shinnicock course during the Open again. Hopefully the rough will grow thick then unlike the 2004 debacle.

Tree: Its a very relaxing and intriguing sport to watch on TV, and to play, its like chess in a gorgeous wooded park or shoreline ocean view.

I want blood and carnage... proper rough and Shinnicock style greens, :drool: no birdie fest... Winning score must not be under par... A true test :madra:

Amen sister... :cheers:
  • Like 1

And it must be decided on Sunday... No ties at the end of 72 with Monday playoff BS !!!!

• Like 1

And it must be decided on Sunday... No ties at the end of 72 with Monday playoff BS !!!!

Amen. Not a fan of that either. I like the three hole aggregate myself even better than the sudden death. Next day 18 hole playoff sucks...

Amen. Not a fan of that either. I like the three hole aggregate myself even better than the sudden death. Next day 18 hole playoff sucks...

Maybe. But the 18 hole playoff is the better way to determine the better golfer.

Maybe. But the 18 hole playoff is the better way to determine the better golfer.

Disagree. It just reveals who has a better day the day after the tournament. Its very anticlimactic in my view and the three hole aggregate is the better compromise. The flow and excitement isn't interrupted and it gives you the best player that day which is what we are looking for. Worked great at The Players and has also at past Open Championships. Just my opinion... Edited by Narps