ok, so, how about the Meet and Greet for NYC, 6/29? Anyone win that yet??

Laurabw

Anyone get notified yet for Meet and Greet at the Garden on 6/29? Do I give up hope?

I think it's still a little early yet, but the winner should get an email anytime in the next week if they didn't get it in the last couple days. Contest says 1-2 weeks before the show they'll email the winner. NJ is two weeks from today. I got such good seats, it won't bug me that my chance of a m&g at either show is practically squat. Maybe this time if Alex tosses me a pick during his solo, like last tour, the person next to me won't steal it from under my heel again.

well that sucks! it's one thing when they just toss them randomly but when it's kind of directed at someone, let them get it for crying out loud!

I'm sure I posted this before, but I was at a show with no seats, standing up front on the barricade and the drummer from an opening band pointed at the girl next to me and tossed her a stick, which came near me, and a bunch of dudes tried to catch it, so I reached out and caught it and handed it right over to the girl it was intended for. She was quite pleased. This happened after the Alex pick incident.
  • Like 1

I was only front row once for Rush (the last show I saw in 2013). I got a bunch of pictures, but that's about it. I'm very fortunate to have been at an after show party for Rush back on the counterparts tour, and got to chit chat with Geddy and Alex. It was way more exciting and cool than what meet and greets have become now. I should have brought a camera and got a few photos, but it would have been the old school 35mm point and shoot with a flash, etc. digital cameras might not have been out yet, or were just starting to be available maybe for really rich folk. I was a poor aspiring rock star at the time. I'd love to talk to Geddy again, and let him know how my music career turned out, but I doubt it'll ever happen.
  • Like 1

That makes it easier. I have the unfortunate habit of, everything I enter (speaking of which, my church raffle and they haven't called me yet...) of thinking that everything I enter, I expect to win! Lottery, raffles, meet and greets....someone has to get chosen right, why not ME??
  • Like 1

That makes it easier. I have the unfortunate habit of, everything I enter (speaking of which, my church raffle and they haven't called me yet...) of thinking that everything I enter, I expect to win! Lottery, raffles, meet and greets....someone has to get chosen right, why not ME??

And there's always the TRF meet n greet at stouts for those that do not win the Rush one ;)

Oh well, yes, duh, of course!!

Is Stout the official official Meetup for next Monday? I'm seeing all sorts of suggestions.

• Like 1

I might make the Newark TRF thingie, not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing the one at Stout. Meeting up with my friend who I play Jazz with before the show, and probably won't have much time before the show starts.

I am the same exact way! :)

• Like 1

I might make the Newark TRF thingie, not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing the one at Stout. Meeting up with my friend who I play Jazz with before the show, and probably won't have much time before the show starts.

You guys can bring the guitars and play No one at the bridge in the tailgate lot before the show. Oh yeah, NYC , no lot, no tailgate. Nowhere to even put the guitars!

I'm a drummer, so you don't want to hear me playing guitar anyway. That would be bad. And my buddy is our sax player, so no guitar for him either. Maybe some miles davis or freddie hubbard or wayne shorter tunes.
  • Like 1