Will Rush Add More Shows

Shemp

To all who are holding out hope for more tour dates either in the US or abroad, now, or anytime in the future - IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Stop torturing yourselves and accept it. Howard knows it and tells it like it is. Geddy & Alex, for some reason, don't want to come right out and say it, but in their hearts, they know it's true. The Emperor, I mean... Neil, will NEVER make a formal announcement about it, but this is it for him, forever. Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 2

To all who are holding out hope for more tour dates either in the US or abroad, now, or anytime in the future - IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Stop torturing yourselves and accept it. Howard knows it and tells it like it is. Geddy & Alex, for some reason, don't want to come right out and say it, but in their hearts, they know it's true. The Emperor, I mean... Neil, will NEVER make a formal announcement about it, but this is it for him, forever.

Only problem is that Al explicitly said that he's open to short tours and limited performing.

I can totally believe Neil wants to hang it up after August 1st and I'll be fine if that ends up being the case. He's earned his retirement. I'm still a little surprised though that he won't/wouldn't make some kind of 'goodbye/thanks for 40 years of support' official statement. I know he's always been a bit cold towards fans, but damn. That's kinda like being the person who tells you they're breaking up with you by simply not calling anymore. So I wonder if the "last tour of THIS magnitude" comment was added by Ged and Al either in hopes that Neil will eventually change his mind or as a way of softening the blow (of this being IT) for themselves.

To all who are holding out hope for more tour dates either in the US or abroad, now, or anytime in the future - IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Stop torturing yourselves and accept it. Howard knows it and tells it like it is. Geddy & Alex, for some reason, don't want to come right out and say it, but in their hearts, they know it's true. The Emperor, I mean... Neil, will NEVER make a formal announcement about it, but this is it for him, forever.

Only problem is that Al explicitly said that he's open to short tours and limited performing.

That's just interview talk.

They're not the kind of band that's going to officially announce retirement. No matter how many of you insist it should be otherwise.

Sometimes people just want to head into retirement without fanfare. What makes any of you think that the members of Rush, given their humility to date, aren't like this?

LOL, the only way some of you are going to accept their retirement is when one of them is absolutely no longer able to play, apparently.

Edited by Bard

Hehehe, of course HE'S open to short tours. The problem is, who are they gonna find to play drums!? :D

I get the feeling they've known this is the end for several months but are not comfortable outright saying it. The seagull and the Exit Stage Left outro video seem prophetic. Ditto the tour book.

There are a vast array of indicators giving quite clear evidence that this is the last run. I have no idea why people want to stick their heads in the sand about it. I get that the passing of eras is difficult for some, but it's a natural part of life. Nothing lasts forever. :)

• Like 2

As long as all three are still breathing, we'll be saying 'Get up on that lighted stage, dammit! We didn't say you could leave yet!' ;)

Well, some folks are going to be pretty disappointed after August 1st, I think.

I get the feeling they've known this is the end for several months but are not comfortable outright saying it. The seagull and the Exit Stage Left outro video seem prophetic. Ditto the tour book.

There are a vast array of indicators giving quite clear evidence that this is the last run. I have no idea why people want to stick their heads in the sand about it. I get that the passing of eras is difficult for some, but it's a natural part of life. Nothing lasts forever. :)

The thought of Rush retiring makes a lot of people uncomfortable because it makes them look at their own mortality.

• Like 1

The thought of Rush retiring makes a lot of people uncomfortable because it makes them look at their own mortality.

That and look at what we're left with in the music industry, I suppose.

• Like 1

I bet it's gonna be quite emotional for Geddy when he says goodnight on August 1st.

Believe it or not, there's already a TON of emotion in the Rush camp. I mean, you don't work, party, squabble, and tour with people for 40+ years, without developing some kind of feelings about it all - whether good or bad. The differences in attitudes/emotions backstage are pretty big. Neil is riding high and short of a little complaining about cutting his video right after a certain stick toss, he's never been happier. Geddy & Alex are kinda like the "parents", keeping on brave faces for sake of the family. There's even more mixed emotion with the crew. Some happy, some taking it in stride, and yes, some even have a little animosity.

There is NO doubt that the final loadout and traditional end-of-tour party will be deeply emotional for everyone.

But, but....the emperor has no clothes on.

@RUSH_Roadtrips Is this providing hope for European fans, or Stateside fans? Either way, would be great news. Tour too good to end so soon

Expanded

http://gifcept.com/rfR1XGS.gif

That's too bad. Everyone has to die of something some day, and nothing, nothing, lasts forever. We are all on borrowed time.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I bet it's gonna be quite emotional for Geddy when he says goodnight on August 1st.

Believe it or not, there's already a TON of emotion in the Rush camp. I mean, you don't work, party, squabble, and tour with people for 40+ years, without developing some kind of feelings about it all - whether good or bad. The differences in attitudes/emotions backstage are pretty big. Neil is riding high and short of a little complaining about cutting his video right after a certain stick toss, he's never been happier. Geddy & Alex are kinda like the "parents", keeping on brave faces for sake of the family. There's even more mixed emotion with the crew. Some happy, some taking it in stride, and yes, some even have a little animosity.

There is NO doubt that the final loadout and traditional end-of-tour party will be deeply emotional for everyone.

It ought to be filmed - Goodbye Rush

That's too bad. Everyone has to die of something some day, and nothing, nothing, lasts forever. We are all on borrowed time.

Just because it's inevitable doesn't make it any more enjoyable to think about.

@RUSH_Roadtrips Is this providing hope for European fans, or Stateside fans? Either way, would be great news. Tour too good to end so soon

Expanded

http://gifcept.com/rfR1XGS.gif

Since this person is someone here I would say no.

That and look at what we're left with in the music industry, I suppose.

I agree, at least in the popular music area.

• Like 1

Geddy has vehemently said in numerous interviews that he is NOT anywhere ready to stop. He is not a stay at home/drinking scotch/making 13 year old gay jokes with his rent-a-cop buddy kinda guy... I'm sure it will hit him hard on August 2nd, and I am also sure he will quickly fall back on his feet and realize that there are TONS of musicians out there with whom he can make music.... And AWESOME music at THAT! (Since I'm convinced 90% of Rush's music come from him anyways...) Go Ged! :geddy: Edited by Supersyl

Exactly right.

It's a strange thing, the 'Net and social media literally allowing us to watch our own era pass before our eyes.

• Like 1

Just because it's inevitable doesn't make it any more enjoyable to think about.

Too bad.