249 replies to this topic

#41 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostShemp, on 11 June 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

Since there is such an overwhelming demand for tickets at almost every show so far and most are selling out easily, do you think Rush will add more dates for cities like Cleveland and Pittsburgh.  What others cities should be added?  Sorry in advance, if this was asked before.

I can't believe I'm even on this section of the Rush Forum.

Get your ass to the LA Forum.  That will be IT!

Sponsored Post

#42 laxnation

laxnation

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Hide-N-Go Seek and Kick the Can
    Huge Islanders Fan!!!

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 13 June 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

View PostJBsDWdrums, on 13 June 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Of my 16 or so Rush shows I've seen (every tour since Signals)....14 of them were in Pittsburgh....can't see them leaving Pgh and Clev out entirely......but who knows?....since moving to GA my last 2 have been in ATL....

I wish they'd add a date in Pittsburgh so I could see them again and not have so far to drive.
You sound like their #1 fan, so I'm sure you'll do whatever it takes to see them.

Edited by laxnation, 21 June 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#43 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts
  • Interests:Empathy.

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

Not gonna happen.

#44 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

Extremely unlikely dates will be added for this tour. Although they could play limited dates in future years as they have explicitly said they are not retiring, it is probable they never play "in a city near you" again, so that could involve airfare, hotel, enormous ticket prices, etc.

#45 KING2112

KING2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

I've kind of accepted they're not coming back to England.  In all those recent Classic Rock and other magazine interviews, Geddy pretty much admits Neil doesn't want more shows after these dates are over.  If it happens and they do tour here then great but its looking very unlikely now.  :(

#46 DistantEarlySignals

DistantEarlySignals

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:11 AM

I say after this tour is over, and they take a year or two off, they will do a few one-offs like Geddy says. I'm sure they will do something for Cleveland. Maybe an album, too. I guess we'll see in a few months after the tour (and their touring years?) is over.

#47 snowdog212

snowdog212

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

https://youtu.be/3aK-UjR3Oj4

Edited by snowdog212, 25 June 2015 - 10:47 AM.

#48 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

I talked to Howard U. In Atlanta. He said what is scheduled is it. No more dates will be added anywhere including Europe. I hope they do add more. They missed Nashville and Charlotte and that seems strange.

#49 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

This is it. Make peace with it. It's all good. They've given more than most bands do.

#50 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42347 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostMr. JD, on 29 June 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

I talked to Howard U. In Atlanta. He said what is scheduled is it. No more dates will be added anywhere including Europe. I hope they do add more. They missed Nashville and Charlotte and that seems strange.

Could that be because it was a hastily put together tou,r and Neilm, or whoever, insisted they tour THIS summer so the venues in Nashville, Charlotte and some other major cities weren't available?

I'm not saying this is right, but it's just a thought that crossed my mind.

#51 Shemp

Shemp

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:guitar & music, women

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostLorraine, on 29 June 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Could that be because it was a hastily put together tou,r and Neilm, or whoever, insisted they tour THIS summer so the venues in Nashville, Charlotte and some other major cities weren't available?

I doubt that would be the strategy.  My feeling is that there was a limited number of shows they wanted to do and the rest is up to the promoters to figure out where they would be.  Alex talks in an interview before the tour started of trying to do something for Cleveland, as it turned out it didn't work in the plans.  I'm still hanging on to hope that a few more dates in N. America will be added but it's getting less likely now at this late time in the schedule.

#52 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

There won't be any added dates, guys and gals.

Not only is it too late to book venues for the fall, it's not what Neil agreed to do.

Certain markets had to be skipped. It's pretty much a miracle we are getting what we're getting .

#53 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostBard, on 29 June 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

There won't be any added dates, guys and gals.

Not only is it too late to book venues for the fall, it's not what Neil agreed to do.

Certain markets had to be skipped. It's pretty much a miracle we are getting what we're getting .

Hmmm...just speculation here...but seeing that you seem to KNOW what is EXACTLY going to happen, and have been pretty adamant about this topic, (and you seem to know what Neil has agreed upon)  AND your screen name is "Bard"  (which was Shakespeare's nickname)

YOU'RE NEIL!!!!!  :Neil:

#54 Catch The Mystery

Catch The Mystery

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

What a bittersweet year this is turning out to be for me being a huge Rush and Yes fan. Rush is (practically) saying farewell to touring. And with Chris Squire passing away yesterday... I'm so sad right now... I really hope the guys will have a change of heart and come over to Europe to bid us adieu over here as well...

#55 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

It's not speculation. :)

#56 FOH Lights

FOH Lights

The Seeker

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostShemp, on 29 June 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

I doubt that would be the strategy.  My feeling is that there was a limited number of shows they wanted to do and the rest is up to the promoters to figure out where they would be.  Alex talks in an interview before the tour started of trying to do something for Cleveland, as it turned out it didn't work in the plans.  I'm still hanging on to hope that a few more dates in N. America will be added but it's getting less likely now at this late time in the schedule.
During the planning stages, King Neil gave the OK for only a certain number of shows - take it or leave it, it didn't really matter to him. That number will NOT change and I seriously doubt that any future "one off" shows will take place either. He has been ready to tap out for years now and his dream is finally coming to fruition. See 'em now or never see 'em again...

#57 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostFOH Lights, on 30 June 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostShemp, on 29 June 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

During the planning stages, King Neil gave the OK for only a certain number of shows - take it or leave it, it didn't really matter to him. That number will NOT change and I seriously doubt that any future "one off" shows will take place either. He has been ready to tap out for years now and his dream is finally coming to fruition. See 'em now or never see 'em again...

What he said. One-off gigs are only a possibility, def not a probability.

This tour is the last run. It's been a good run. Far better than most bands. Appreciate it for what it is.

#58 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostBard, on 29 June 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

huh?

#59 snowdogged

snowdogged

Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

• Members *
  • 4741 posts
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

View Poststone and a hard place, on 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

huh?
It's Neil, now kneel before Neil.

#60 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

View Postsnowdogged, on 30 June 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

View Poststone and a hard place, on 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

huh?
It's Neil, now kneel before Neil.

Na, maybe say hey and how ya doin? :hi: and please take me out to dinner while you are in Utah, I know some good places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users