Will Rush Add More Shows

Shemp

Despite all their ailments I believe that the guys just don't want to be away from home for huge chunks of time. Neil has a young kid and Alex has grandkids, and they just want to be there. Its one thing to say you just want to do a small number of dates but the huge production costs don't make short tours feasible. I'm pretty certain that the end of this tour does not mean the end of the band as a live act, but anything in the future will be a more stripped down tour, at a handful of stops.

In Chicago this morning on The Drive 97.1, Dan McNeil ( A big Rush fan) mentioned Rush might add dates at the end of the tour. He was PISSED that he had to attend The Drive's 14th Birthday Bash concert Friday Night and missed the Rush Concert. The Free concert was Heart and Dennis DeYoung, which is actually a Great double Bill. But it's Not RUSH!
  • Like 2

In Chicago this morning on The Drive 97.1, Dan McNeil ( A big Rush fan) mentioned Rush might add dates at the end of the tour. He was PISSED that he had to attend The Drive's 14th Birthday Bash concert Friday Night and missed the Rush Concert. The Free concert was Heart and Dennis DeYoung, which is actually a Great double Bill. But it's Not RUSH!

Oh, I can imagine. I really want to see Heart myself but do not put them up against Rush, please!

My gut tells me no, this is not the last time we'll see them live. But alas, it is as much wishful thinking as the next person.

:huh:

I know I WANT to see another show - I'm considering changing Vacation plans at this point.... is this a problem you think?

I used to be positive that they wouldn't, and now I am not so sure.

If this tour goes really well, and they are having a good time, and they all feel up to it, they just might add more shows.

Maybe the Rolling Stone cover will shame them into doing more cities. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine

Occam^s razor, the simplest hypothesis is most likely true . They have never said they are done playing live, they have said its their last big tour and they are slowing down dramatically. They have spoken a lot about recording again and playing residencies. Ged seems to like the phrase "one-off shows." Although it would never be a farewell concert ;).

@RUSH_Roadtrips Is this providing hope for European fans, or Stateside fans? Either way, would be great news. Tour too good to end so soon

Expanded

Edited by snowdog212

I wouldn't be surprised if they add approx. 15 dates sometime between late September and mid November given their comments in the RS article about it being a little easier than they thought. The announcement would have to come in the next couple of weeks though.

Someone in another thread said that he spoke to someone on Rush's staff, and said that a European tour and another U.S. Tour is in the works....I'd love to see it...and will believe it when I see tickets offered....
  • Like 1

My guess is they are waiting for this 2nd leg of dates to end which is next week. If they do plan another leg I think we could hear something real soon. They probably wanted to wait to add Cleveland, Milwaukee & Indy until after the Chicago, Columbus and Buffalo shows.

Someone in another thread said that he spoke to someone on Rush's staff, and said that a European tour and another U.S. Tour is in the works....I'd love to see it...and will believe it when I see tickets offered....

This. This x one zillion.

None of those options are gonna happen, guys.

The Forum date is the last we'll hear from them for a while.

It is far more likely that you'll see a Geddy solo album before anything else Rush-related after August 1st. Except for the inevitable R40 DVD, of course.

Since there is such an overwhelming demand for tickets at almost every show so far and most are selling out easily, do you think Rush will add more dates for cities like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. What others cities should be added? Sorry in advance, if this was asked before.

I can't believe I'm even on this section of the Rush Forum.

Get your ass to the LA Forum. That will be IT!

Of my 16 or so Rush shows I've seen (every tour since Signals)....14 of them were in Pittsburgh....can't see them leaving Pgh and Clev out entirely......but who knows?....since moving to GA my last 2 have been in ATL....

I wish they'd add a date in Pittsburgh so I could see them again and not have so far to drive.

You sound like their #1 fan, so I'm sure you'll do whatever it takes to see them.

Edited by laxnation

Extremely unlikely dates will be added for this tour. Although they could play limited dates in future years as they have explicitly said they are not retiring, it is probable they never play "in a city near you" again, so that could involve airfare, hotel, enormous ticket prices, etc.

I've kind of accepted they're not coming back to England. In all those recent Classic Rock and other magazine interviews, Geddy pretty much admits Neil doesn't want more shows after these dates are over. If it happens and they do tour here then great but its looking very unlikely now. :(

I talked to Howard U. In Atlanta. He said what is scheduled is it. No more dates will be added anywhere including Europe. I hope they do add more. They missed Nashville and Charlotte and that seems strange.
  • Like 1

I talked to Howard U. In Atlanta. He said what is scheduled is it. No more dates will be added anywhere including Europe. I hope they do add more. They missed Nashville and Charlotte and that seems strange.

Could that be because it was a hastily put together tou,r and Neilm, or whoever, insisted they tour THIS summer so the venues in Nashville, Charlotte and some other major cities weren't available?

I'm not saying this is right, but it's just a thought that crossed my mind.