Jump to content


Will Rush Add More Shows


  • Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#241 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostTexMike, on 09 July 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostSyrinx, on 09 July 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Maybe one of the reasons they don't announce it is because saying it definitively is VERY tough and very sad for them.  It has to be huge for them to admit this to themselves, let alone to us.

I'm guessing that's part of it, especially for Geddy.  Actually saying it's over, voicing that finality leads to another level of emotions that they may not be ready to deal with yet.  Especially when they're still trying to put on upbeat, entertaining shows.  They probably made a deal to not discuss the future until after the tour, even though they know Neil has already decided.

I keep wondering what goes through their minds when they keep getting asked over and over if this is the last tour.

Sponsored Post

#242 Bard

Bard

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

View Postkentpilot, on 09 July 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostBard, on 09 July 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 09 July 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

View Postkentpilot, on 09 July 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Thank you it seems like a lot of people missed the main point I was trying to make. How disrespectful it is to be close to the band and then blab on the internet about their personal feelings and to be sure of what they are feeling without being them. It obviously goes against what they want said since they are saying vague things in interviews. But maybe they don't care that their friend is talking about them on a forum and speaking for them. I would if someone who worked for me did, but maybe they don't care. I don't know how they think or feel about everything. And I don't pretend to know.

But everyone replied, you're so selfish for not wanting the band to end.

How can people not realize they won't say when they are retiring?

Maybe not directly but I think they were arguing points that very few people were making in recent posts.


Anybody that knows the future, or whether or not there is one for the band is full of shit. Bard is talking out his ass and others that cling to every little tiny word of Geddy or Alex are doing the same

Ah, if only you knew what is known.

An interesting perspective is why any fan would advocate for retirement.

Think about it. It's not too hard. ;)

Tons of people have advocated retirement for the band. For the past ten years on here everyone has been saying after each tour "Time for them to hang it up, the next tour is probably the last" This year doesn't feel that much different to last year. People we're saying they were for sure done after the 2013 leg. I was saying no way, you're an idiot, to those people. Now I'm saying you may be right to you. But that doesn't make you less arrogant or annoying thinking you know something we don't. I'm going to try and be as amazing as you and reach into the minds and harness the feelings of Alex, Geddy and Neil. What I mean by that is I bet if they saw you speaking for them like this they probably would think you're an arrogant jackass. Especially if you knew them personally, that would make it so much worse.

But actually my bet is worthless because I have no clue how they would handle it, just like you.

It really doesn't matter to me whether you believe me or not.  I know what I know, and I know Rush is hangin' it up after this tour. If you can't read the signs, that's okay. It's up to each individual to decide how they want to process it.

#243 Bard

Bard

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 09 July 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 09 July 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

They tour in comfort?  Now they do.  That's recent.  How about the decades they went from city to city, town to town, in a bus?  How about the very long time they slept five or more in a room?

You don't think touring takes a toll.  You do it.  Go on a major tour with a band.  Let's see how you do.

I'm a big music fan and I still can't comprehend how bands are able to tour all the time. Especially, the ones who haven't reached the status of Rush and have to travel on a tour bus from town to town. Which is still the vast majority of them. Imagine how messed up your body clock would be for the whole tour. When you eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, shower, do your laundry, etc. must be so out of wack that I can't imagine how they deal with it. Being away from home and on the road for so long has to drive most musicians insane. No wonder so many of them are out of their minds and turn to drugs and alcohol. That's the only way most of them can deal with it.

Touring is brutal. I'm sure it's nice that bands get to travel and see a lot of places that they normally wouldn't otherwise. Traveling is only part of it though after all those miles between shows, the band still has to summon the energy to go up on stage and play a set. Whether they're opening or headlining, that's a lot to give each night. It's certainly not a job I would want.

Couldn't agree more. Touring is a BEAR.

#244 Bard

Bard

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 09 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

View PostBard, on 09 July 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 09 July 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

View Postkentpilot, on 09 July 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Thank you it seems like a lot of people missed the main point I was trying to make. How disrespectful it is to be close to the band and then blab on the internet about their personal feelings and to be sure of what they are feeling without being them. It obviously goes against what they want said since they are saying vague things in interviews. But maybe they don't care that their friend is talking about them on a forum and speaking for them. I would if someone who worked for me did, but maybe they don't care. I don't know how they think or feel about everything. And I don't pretend to know.

But everyone replied, you're so selfish for not wanting the band to end.

How can people not realize they won't say when they are retiring?

Maybe not directly but I think they were arguing points that very few people were making in recent posts.


Anybody that knows the future, or whether or not there is one for the band is full of shit. Bard is talking out his ass and others that cling to every little tiny word of Geddy or Alex are doing the same

Ah, if only you knew what is known.

Enlighten me

This is the last tour.

You're welcome. :)

#245 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostBard, on 09 July 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 09 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

View PostBard, on 09 July 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 09 July 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

View Postkentpilot, on 09 July 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Thank you it seems like a lot of people missed the main point I was trying to make. How disrespectful it is to be close to the band and then blab on the internet about their personal feelings and to be sure of what they are feeling without being them. It obviously goes against what they want said since they are saying vague things in interviews. But maybe they don't care that their friend is talking about them on a forum and speaking for them. I would if someone who worked for me did, but maybe they don't care. I don't know how they think or feel about everything. And I don't pretend to know.

But everyone replied, you're so selfish for not wanting the band to end.

How can people not realize they won't say when they are retiring?

Maybe not directly but I think they were arguing points that very few people were making in recent posts.


Anybody that knows the future, or whether or not there is one for the band is full of shit. Bard is talking out his ass and others that cling to every little tiny word of Geddy or Alex are doing the same

Ah, if only you knew what is known.

Enlighten me

This is the last tour.

You're welcome. :)
Posted Image

#246 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 July 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 09 July 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostSyrinx, on 09 July 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Maybe one of the reasons they don't announce it is because saying it definitively is VERY tough and very sad for them.  It has to be huge for them to admit this to themselves, let alone to us.

I'm guessing that's part of it, especially for Geddy.  Actually saying it's over, voicing that finality leads to another level of emotions that they may not be ready to deal with yet.  Especially when they're still trying to put on upbeat, entertaining shows.  They probably made a deal to not discuss the future until after the tour, even though they know Neil has already decided.

I keep wondering what goes through their minds when they keep getting asked over and over if this is the last tour.

i guess it would depend on who is being asked the question.  Geddy would probably like it not to be.  Alex is probably in the middle.  And Neil has his mind made up.

#247 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostLorraine, on 10 July 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 July 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 09 July 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostSyrinx, on 09 July 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Maybe one of the reasons they don't announce it is because saying it definitively is VERY tough and very sad for them.  It has to be huge for them to admit this to themselves, let alone to us.

I'm guessing that's part of it, especially for Geddy.  Actually saying it's over, voicing that finality leads to another level of emotions that they may not be ready to deal with yet.  Especially when they're still trying to put on upbeat, entertaining shows.  They probably made a deal to not discuss the future until after the tour, even though they know Neil has already decided.

I keep wondering what goes through their minds when they keep getting asked over and over if this is the last tour.

i guess it would depend on who is being asked the question.  Geddy would probably like it not to be.  Alex is probably in the middle.  And Neil has his mind made up.

Sure, but I was thinking more in an emotional way. After doing it for so many years there has got to be some feelings behind it.

#248 Sgt.D

Sgt.D

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Even though he has made many of his feelings clear through the years, Neil is a very passionate musician, this idea he 'has made his mind up' seems to go against how involved he has been in the art of drumming. This is also an important part of his life I think. Some of this feels a little too funeral like and I guess it just seems to diminish how much creating and making music must mean to them. Nonetheless, I made plans to take in as much as possible this time, all the way to the Forum!

#249 upstateNYfan

upstateNYfan

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostSgt.D, on 10 July 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Even though he has made many of his feelings clear through the years, Neil is a very passionate musician, this idea he 'has made his mind up' seems to go against how involved he has been in the art of drumming. This is also an important part of his life I think. Some of this feels a little too funeral like and I guess it just seems to diminish how much creating and making music must mean to them. Nonetheless, I made plans to take in as much as possible this time, all the way to the Forum!

It's sad, no doubt. I'm sure they all have many other interests OUTSIDE music they'd like to pursue, as well a little something called family.

#250 lachrymal

lachrymal

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostGeddy, on 08 July 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

View Postkentpilot, on 08 July 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostFOH Lights, on 08 July 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

View Postkentpilot, on 08 July 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

So I'm curious have they actually said this is the final tour? Only last tour of this magnitude right? And the interviews have literally avoided stating that these are the final shows. So if Occam's Razor states the answer with the least assumptions is the correct answer than the correct answer is this isn't the end.

I personally have no idea, the world kind of works that way. The fact that anyone in here is saying they know for sure is pretty funny. But hey, when it's anonymous on the internet who cares what you say. Right, Bard?

With logic and basic reasoning of information while using the least amount of assumptions it seems to be no, this isn't the end. But at the end of the day anyone claiming to know anything for certain is probably the least correct.
If you knew what has been happening "behind the scenes", you'd have a very different take on it. This IS the end. Neil will NEVER tour again. Take that to the bank.

This still isn't official and can never be official, you understand that right?

I am pretty sure you don't work for the band I think it's your friends with someone who does? Even if you do it's still hearsay and that's why it can't be taken to the bank. Because you aren't Rush.
Stage 1: Denial

Stage 1 is anger:
"f***in' captain Ed! Joint sucker, f***in' cocksmoker!"
"Probably not even a captain"
"Did you see how f***in' fat that f***in' lardass was?"

The second stage is denial.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users