Dusty Rhodes dead at 69

Xanadoood

The great pinch hitter. One of my coaches in high school used to call me Dusty for my penchant for getting hits when called off the bench to pinch hit. "Way to go Dusty!!" he would yell. Never forget it... RIP Dusty... :rose:

It's either a different guy or he was the greatest 8 year old hitter ever during the 1954 World Series.

• Like 1

The great pinch hitter. One of my coaches in high school used to call me Dusty for my penchant for getting hits when called off the bench to pinch hit. "Way to go Dusty!!" he would yell. Never forget it... RIP Dusty... :rose:

It's either a different guy or he was the greatest 8 year old hitter ever during the 1954 World Series.

My bad :blush: . Its the wrestler... Sorry gang

R.I.P. The American Dream...One of the greatest on the mic...his work with Ric Flair, Harley Race, etc was legendary. Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 3

I'm a huge pro wrestling fan (don't laugh...or do, I don't care, I know it's ridiculous) and this is a huge bummer. Dusty was a legend and one of the greatest of all time. He was still important to the business, working behind the scenes right up until he died.

http://i.imgur.com/UQxo8DI.jpg

And he managed to still kick ass in polka dots. RIP Dusty.

• Like 2

A very big loss for the wrestling world. He was still mentoring the younger performers in the WWE system. I've heard and read a lot of interviews with wrestlers from both yesterday and today who wouldn't be where they are now if Dusty didn't take them under his wing and point them in the right direction. He wasn't the best wrestler in the ring, but he could talk and had charisma that very few in the wrestling world could touch.

RIP :rose:

• Like 2

Apologies again folks for jumping the gun in my first post wrestling fans. I meant no disrespect in any way honestly... :(
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's the cool thing about Dusty. He wasn't just a legend in his day...he was still giving back to the business working with young talent and grooming the next generation...much respect for that. His sons are quite a legacy also.
  • Like 2

^ No worries, Narps...it's all good. :ebert:

Thanks man. I felt like crawling into the nearest hole...

Apologies again folks for jumping the gun in my first post wrestling fans. I meant no disrespect in any way honestly... :(

Jerk

I'm a huge pro wrestling fan (don't laugh...or do, I don't care, I know it's ridiculous) and this is a huge bummer. Dusty was a legend and one of the greatest of all time. He was still important to the business, working behind the scenes right up until he died.

Nothing to be ashamed of. I stopped following many years ago, but I loved the Ric Flair, Dusty, Von Eric era. Yeah, sure, it's not actually real. It's entertainment... but damned fun entertainment. Good times. Good memories.

• Like 2

^ No worries, Narps...it's all good. :ebert:

Thanks man. I felt like crawling into the nearest hole...

We all make an honest mistake now and then since we are all human. I'm with a rocket that ignites itself.... No worries, Narps.

• Like 2

I really do appreciate your guys understanding for my confusion with the baseball player by the same name. I should have read the link but I didn't and went and made a fool of myself. Thanks again folks for the kind words. Not the kind of thread you want to mess up on but I did... :sigh: Again sorry Edited by Narps

Nothing to be ashamed of. I stopped following many years ago, but I loved the Ric Flair, Dusty, Von Eric era. Yeah, sure, it's not actually real. It's entertainment... but damned fun entertainment. Good times. Good memories.

It's entertainment, but these guys are athletic. No doubt about it. Their bodies take more of a beating than NFL players.

• Like 3

I really do appreciate your guys understanding for my confusion with the baseball player by the same name. I should have read the link but I didn't and went and made a fool of myself. Thanks again folks for the kind words. Not the kind of thread you want to mess up on but I did... :sigh: Again sorry

Relax man, no biggie. It's not like you bad mouthed him. Simple case of mistaken identity, could've happened to anyone.

• Like 2