Questions from an overseas Rush fan

matias82

Hi all,

I'm from Santiago, Chile and I'm going to attend the LA concert, looks like the last concert of an era... :( :(

I was quite fortune to see Rush in Brasil in 2002 and 2010 (for both tours in Sao paulo and Rio de janeiro), as well the concert here in my hometown in 2010 too. I've got a couple of questions related to the south CA concerts:

1) Its worth to travel and see the concert in Irvine wireless amp in the Lawn section? I've got the possibility to get a ticket from a friend of mine in the loge 5 but I don't want to spend the 300+ usd that cost the ticket. I've done some research about public transportation back to LA after the concert but looks like there are no good choices for it. (I'll stay during my travel in hollywood, near the chinese theater).

2) Regarding the LA concert in the Forum, i've got a ticket in section 102 (still travelling from ticketstoday...), its a good location to take some photos? Its allowed to enter the arena with a pocket camara?

Thank you all!

Matías

Edited by matias82

Hi all,

I'm from Santiago, Chile and I'm going to attend the LA concert, looks like the last concert of an era... :( :(

I was quite fortune to see Rush in Brasil in 2002 and 2010 (for both tours in Sao paulo and Rio de janeiro), as well the concert here in my hometown in 2010 too. I've got a couple of questions related to the south CA concerts:

1) Its worth to travel and see the concert in Irvine wireless amp in the Lawn section? I've got the possibility to get a ticket from a friend of mine in the loge 5 but I don't want to spend the 300+ usd that cost the ticket. I've done some research about public transportation back to LA after the concert but looks like there are no good choices for it. (I'll stay during my travel in hollywood, near the chinese theater).

2) Regarding the LA concert in the Forum, i've got a ticket in section 102 (still travelling from ticketstoday...), its a good location to take some photos? Its allowed to enter the arena with a pocket camara?

Thank you all!

Matías

The Forum will probably let you in with a digital point n shoot camera. As far as section 102 goes, you're in the back of the arena. So unless your point and shoot pocket cam has an ultra zoom feature (no detachable lenses), it's a bit far away to get decent photographs of the guys up close. Though you'll be able to get the floor crowd and some nice laser/visual effects shots I'm sure.

Public transportation in LA is definitely not the best. But Uber will get you back to Hollywood from Irvine with little to no problems I'd think. As far as lawn seats go, if I were you flying all the way in from Chile, I'd try to get better seats if you possibly can. The lawn at Irvine is fine for casual fans, but it's a LONG way away from the stage. But if you're on a budget, they're fine. This is definitely the last time you'll get to see them, I think, so better to see them in Irvine on the lawn than not at all. And why not see them twice while you're here. South America is a long commute. :)

• Like 2

And why not see them twice while you're here. South America is a long commute. :)

Yeah, I totally agree. I can't help with the specific questions, but all the way from Chile? Definitely see more than one show, if you can make it happen.

Hi all,

Thank you all!

Matías

The Forum will probably let you in with a digital point n shoot camera. As far as section 102 goes, you're in the back of the arena. So unless your point and shoot pocket cam has an ultra zoom feature (no detachable lenses), it's a bit far away to get decent photographs of the guys up close. Though you'll be able to get the floor crowd and some nice laser/visual effects shots I'm sure.

Public transportation in LA is definitely not the best. But Uber will get you back to Hollywood from Irvine with little to no problems I'd think. As far as lawn seats go, if I were you flying all the way in from Chile, I'd try to get better seats if you possibly can. The lawn at Irvine is fine for casual fans, but it's a LONG way away from the stage. But if you're on a budget, they're fine. This is definitely the last time you'll get to see them, I think, so better to see them in Irvine on the lawn than not at all. And why not see them twice while you're here. South America is a long commute. :)

Ive got a couple of more questions:

1) Its looks like I'll going to spend around 100+ usd for getting back from Irvine to hollywood, I'm correct?

2) Its sounds good at the Lawn? I know its really far away from the stage, but if at least get a nice sound it works for me either :) Also, its section 102 at the Forum a good location for a nice sound/overall view of the stage? I'm in row number 1 seat 4

Thanks a lot again!

Matías

Edited by matias82

Hi all,

Thank you all!

Matías

1) Its looks like I'll going to spend around 100+ usd for getting back from Irvine to hollywood, I'm correct?

2) Its sounds good at the Lawn? I know its really far away from the stage, but if at least get a nice sound it works for me either :) Also, its section 102 at the Forum a good location for a nice sound/overall view of the stage? I'm in row number 1 seat 4

Thanks a lot again!

Matías

Yeah, the Uber ride from Irvine to Hollywood will run around 100, that's probably accurate. It's cheaper than a taxi, and I don't think you're gonna find a bus from Irvine to Hollywood at 11 pm on a Thurs night. But maybe. Check the bus routes and stops near the Irvine Meadows venue if you want to return cheaply and there's an option for bus transport. Some hotels offer shuttle services, you may want to check that as well.

The lawn at Irvine has decent acoustics. But they'll be a little faded. Like I said, it's a long way away from the stage.

The first row of Section 102 at the Forum will have good sound. You'll be right behind the soundboard at that section, so you'll be able to hear pretty much what the soundboard is hearing, so that's good. Better that you have front row of that section, you'll have an unobstructed view of the stage, but again, it'll be pretty far away. You have a entire arena floor in front of you, but you'll be elevated above that floor, so that's good.

Yeah, the Uber ride from Irvine to Hollywood will run around 100, that's probably accurate. It's cheaper than a taxi, and I don't think you're gonna find a bus from Irvine to Hollywood at 11 pm on a Thurs night. But maybe. Check the bus routes and stops near the Irvine Meadows venue if you want to return cheaply and there's an option for bus transport. Some hotels offer shuttle services, you may want to check that as well.

If you're from Chile you may not know about Uber. Is it basically a private taxi service, but you need to sign up and order cars using your smart phone. Here's their website: https://www.uber.com/

Hi all,

Thank you all!

Matías

Thanks a lot again!

Matías

The lawn at Irvine has decent acoustics. But they'll be a little faded. Like I said, it's a long way away from the stage.

The first row of Section 102 at the Forum will have good sound. You'll be right behind the soundboard at that section, so you'll be able to hear pretty much what the soundboard is hearing, so that's good. Better that you have front row of that section, you'll have an unobstructed view of the stage, but again, it'll be pretty far away. You have a entire arena floor in front of you, but you'll be elevated above that floor, so that's good.

Awesome! Thank you for all the information!

Regards,

Matías

If you're from Chile you may not know about Uber. Is it basically a private taxi service, but you need to sign up and order cars using your smart phone. Here's their website: https://www.uber.com/

Hi,

Thank you! I'm aware of Uber since I think we now have the UberX service in Chile. I think my main problem will be having internet on my cell phone over there at the time of the concert :(

Hi,

Thank you! I'm aware of Uber since I think we now have the UberX service in Chile. I think my main problem will be having internet on my cell phone over there at the time of the concert :(

Really? I didn't realize Uber had made it out of the US.

Can you pick up a cheap SIM card for while you are here?

Hi,

Really? I didn't realize Uber had made it out of the US.

Can you pick up a cheap SIM card for while you are here?

I think I will try it out! Also founded a couch for rent in Irvine for that night at 5.5 miles from the amphitheater, it would be better than travel back to LA and its only 20 bucks :)

• Like 1