• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

Saw Buffalo show last night. Front row Alex side. Amazing! I had a sign "thanks for the music" Alex gave us a nod and smile. Even better when Ged came over he was point blank and looked right at us nodded and said"no, thank you!"

Edited by hcm, 11 June 2015 - 09:27 AM.

Sponsored Post

#2 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

Seriously more than I could have imagined. Geddy Lee basically spoke directly to me...sigh

#3 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17672 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

View Posthcm, on 11 June 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Saw Buffalo show last night. Front row Alex side. Amazing! I had a sign "thanks for the music" Alex gave us a nod and smile. Even better when Ged came over he was point blank and looked right at us nodded and said"no, thank you!"

That is a great experience!

I just saw the show before yours, two nights earlier. Equally fantastic, in my view.

#4 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21776 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

Awesome you got that interaction. Something you'll never forget.

#5 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

HCM....what a fantastic experience!  I wonder how i would have reacted.   Phew!    Thanks for sharing your story.  ♪♪

#6 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

That is incredibly wonderful!  What a moment!

#7 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Ha I thought I remembered Geddy pointing to us also...I found a you tube clip and I did not imagine it(I almost thought I dreamed it), but he does point and you can't hear him in the clip but he was talking to us. So wish I had my video going to capture it but still the most awesome experience. 40 years of being a fan 5 secs of zing!  The show was incredible to begin with this just took it over the top.  Looked again I think I must have imagined him pointing...still great experience.

Edited by hcm, 12 June 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#8 jamie

jamie

The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

• Members
  • 12162 posts
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

you should've said hi for me :yay:

#9 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42217 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

View Posthcm, on 11 June 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

HCM, what an experience it must have been for you!   Something you will always remember.  

It says a lot about Geddy that he thought to say what he said too.

#10 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'm really a Ged fan but I have to say being on Alex side and watching him play live up close has given me a new appreciation for his talent.

I also had great views of Ged even if it wasn't always point blank there was nothing to block my view.

Even Neil was visible from where I was.

Seriously only a meet and greet would have topped it. I feel so lucky to have had the experience

#11 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

I keep saying to my husband " did he really talk to us?" Because I can't imagine I heard him over the music but I swear I did.

#12 andreww

andreww

The Seeker

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

I know exactly where you are coming from. Back in the 70s and 80s I used to do a lot of concert photography and was lucky enough to shoot Rush from the front few rows many times. There were several occasion where Alex in particular would see me and strike a pose for my camera. Its a pretty cool feeling when with 20,000 people there, they have a personal moment with you. Beats the hell out of catching a guitar pick!

#13 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79312 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

hcm - what a wonderful experience for you!  :ebert:

#14 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21641 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Neat!

#15 madrushian

madrushian

The Seeker

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Rush and audio and computer

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

thats cool. I had frontrow to styx concert and I swear That Jy Young was flirting with my wife a couple of times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users