#181 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 66371 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:39 AM

View Postdtpoet, on 09 June 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

Lesson 1 of tournament ball - win the game you're in.  Lol.
:cheers:   No doubt!  It's never a good idea to over think things, especially with kids.

Sponsored Post

#182 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21930 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

No Buffalo thread tonight?

#183 rushbass

rushbass

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5973 posts
  • Interests:Music, Motorcycling, Auburn Tigers Football

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 10 June 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

I was thinking the same thing... one of us ought to start one...  ;)

I have to leave for two hours, so I will miss the whole first set, and some of the second... hope I get back before the end of TCE!  :haz: :rush: :7up:

#184 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21930 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

View Postrushbass, on 10 June 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 10 June 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

I was thinking the same thing... one of us ought to start one...  ;)

I have to leave for two hours, so I will miss the whole first set, and some of the second... hope I get back before the end of TCE!  :haz: :rush: :7up:
I would but I'm at the show.

#185 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4665 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:53 PM

View Postctbadger, on 09 June 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

View PostRushIslander, on 08 June 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

There's something unique and special watching a live Rush show while watching the Stanley Cup Finals...on my couch! And, I'm truckin' up to Buffalo for the show @ FNC!!!

:7up:

Yes, I really enjoyed listening to Rush instead of Mike Emrick!!

Been trying to catch Canadian feeds where possible.

#186 ctbadger

ctbadger

The Seeker

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

A recording has surfaced on Guitars 101:

http://www.guitars10...?highlight=rush

#187 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45924 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

This was one of the shortest periscope threads.  I wonder why.  Must go back and re-read

#188 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 66371 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:15 PM

View Postgoose, on 09 June 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Small crowd tonight.  I was once again a slave to Little League.  My son's team lost, but there was some comedy.  Our starting pitcher was throwing like an ace and mowed down 4 of the the first 5 batters.  Since this was the playoffs, and we were one game from the championship, our manager decided to save this guy for the championship game, which we only get to play if we win this game.  Good decision? (hint:  This is a logic test)

So...the reliever comes in and walks eight batters, beans another, combined with five booted infield grounders.  The 4th inning ends with us down 11-2.  Mercy rule after 4 inning is 10.   One run shy.  There's a 1:45 time limit, but we are six minutes shy of it.  So we go to the 5th.  A series of relief pitchers for us proceeds to give up eleven more runs on walks and hit batsmen.  It takes an hour just to play the top of the 5th inning, but we finally get the third out.  By rule we have to bat, and I jokingly say "88 balls and we're in business".  On cue, the opposing reliever walks our first batter on four straight balls.  "Only 84 more...", I say.  2nd batter walked on four straight, as is the 3rd.  We walk in five runs before the Ump gets some sense and severely enlarges the strike zone.  This leads to a couple of our guys striking out on bad calls, which of course sets off our coach.  The final out is on a bad call strike out and out coach comes storming over to me, saying, "Tough to beat a team that has ten guys on the field"...and he meant it.  If only the ump was more fair, we'd've had a shot.  :D

My son walks over and I ask him, "You ever had a Big Mac?"  He says, "No, dad."  I say, "Let's go..."  

Posted Image
:lol:

This was a fun memory to re-visit.

#189 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45924 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:18 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 June 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Small crowd tonight.  I was once again a slave to Little League.  My son's team lost, but there was some comedy.  Our starting pitcher was throwing like an ace and mowed down 4 of the the first 5 batters.  Since this was the playoffs, and we were one game from the championship, our manager decided to save this guy for the championship game, which we only get to play if we win this game.  Good decision? (hint:  This is a logic test)

So...the reliever comes in and walks eight batters, beans another, combined with five booted infield grounders.  The 4th inning ends with us down 11-2.  Mercy rule after 4 inning is 10.   One run shy.  There's a 1:45 time limit, but we are six minutes shy of it.  So we go to the 5th.  A series of relief pitchers for us proceeds to give up eleven more runs on walks and hit batsmen.  It takes an hour just to play the top of the 5th inning, but we finally get the third out.  By rule we have to bat, and I jokingly say "88 balls and we're in business".  On cue, the opposing reliever walks our first batter on four straight balls.  "Only 84 more...", I say.  2nd batter walked on four straight, as is the 3rd.  We walk in five runs before the Ump gets some sense and severely enlarges the strike zone.  This leads to a couple of our guys striking out on bad calls, which of course sets off our coach.  The final out is on a bad call strike out and out coach comes storming over to me, saying, "Tough to beat a team that has ten guys on the field"...and he meant it.  If only the ump was more fair, we'd've had a shot.  :D

My son walks over and I ask him, "You ever had a Big Mac?"  He says, "No, dad."  I say, "Let's go..."  

Posted Image

That's the lad?  He looks like your wife.

#190 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 66371 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 June 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

My wife has longer hair.

#191 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45924 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 June 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

My wife has longer hair.

But he has her nose!  :codger:

#192 Pound of Obscure

Pound of Obscure

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Interests:Drums, basketball, P90X/Insanity

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 June 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Posted Image
My seats were right up in front of the two guys on the right in white shirts!  Front row. Right in front of the Gedster.

Edited by Pound of Obscure, 09 June 2019 - 03:30 PM.

#193 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 9086 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:31 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 June 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

My wife has longer hair.

Nose or not, is not the question! :lol:
Look how he destroys the B-Mac, he's a goose, through and through. Give him beer.. äh... :givebeer:

Edited by greyfriar, 09 June 2019 - 10:59 PM.

#194 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 66371 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 09 June 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 08 June 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

My wife has longer hair.

Nose or not, is not the question! :lol:
Look like he destroys the B-Mac, he's a goose, through and through. Give him beer.. äh... :givebeer:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users