HEAVY METAL HoF Vocalists, Sebastian BACH, Geoff TATE, Don DOKKEN and CJ Snare, who else belongs? NO ONE BEEOTCH

JohnRogers

King Diamond.

Note really a fan. Unique but not really a fan.

That doesn't matter. It's a metal vocalist HOF, so he definitely belongs.

It's a committee of one...I vote no.

;)

:LOL: surely you realize that warrant, britny fox, and e'nuff z'nuff aren't gonna fit in with what most folks think of as great heavy metal

john arch/ray alder from fates warning

midnight from crimson glory

ozzy (f**k "technical ability")

bobby liebling from pentagram

scott wino/scott reagers from st vitus

messiah marcolin from candlemass

I'm getting more into personal favorites than "hall of famers" since some of these guys have absolutely no fame at all.

You lost me at Midnight. Whaaat?

phil anselmo is also way more versatile than people give him credit for.

bobby blitz from overkill

joey belladonna

james hetfield could actually sing on MOP and AJFA

• Like 1

I'm getting more into personal favorites than "hall of famers" since some of these guys have absolutely no fame at all.

You lost me at Midnight. Whaaat?

I don't expect anyone to like or have heard bobby liebling or scott wino but those guys have very street, very rock n roll voices. and in a genre that's dominated by wannabe-demons and wannabe-bruce dickinsons, it's refreshing for someone to still have the ozzy/david lee roth/lemmy attitude when it comes to singing.
  • Like 1

Deep Purple is no more metal than Rush is but Gillian IS a great vocalist. He DID sing on one Sabbath album but so did Glenn Hughes.

I can't bring myself to call Seventh Star a Sabbath album. I saw them on the Born Again tour. Not my favorite album by Sabbath or Gillan.

Iommi reportedly wanted Coverdale to replace Gillan. I don't think that would have worked too well though.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

King Diamond.

Note really a fan. Unique but not really a fan.

That doesn't matter. It's a metal vocalist HOF, so he definitely belongs.

It's a committee of one...I vote no.

;)

:LOL: surely you realize that warrant, britny fox, and e'nuff z'nuff aren't gonna fit in with what most folks think of as great heavy metal

Bah, those bands are a bunch of tools. Now Trixter is some heavy Tai Shan!

Deep Purple is no more metal than Rush is but Gillian IS a great vocalist. He DID sing on one Sabbath album but so did Glenn Hughes.

I can't bring myself to call Seventh Star a Sabbath album. I saw them on the Born Again tour. Not my favorite album by Sabbath or Gillan.

Iommi reportedly wanted Coverdale to replace Gillan. I don't think that would have worked too well though.

seventh star is embarrassing

• Like 1

I don't expect anyone to like or have heard bobby liebling or scott wino but those guys have very street, very rock n roll voices. and in a genre that's dominated by wannabe-demons and wannabe-bruce dickinsons, it's refreshing for someone to still have the ozzy/david lee roth/lemmy attitude when it comes to singing.

have you seen the documentary on liebling? Amazing story. Check it out..

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1723126/

• Like 1

of course! great movie, I'd known pentagram but had no idea their singer was a 50 year old crackhead living with his parents. if it weren't for this movie, he'd be dead.

Hey, great tip!! I'll find this doc, seems like a sad but good film.

of course! great movie, I'd known pentagram but had no idea their singer was a 50 year old crackhead living with his parents. if it weren't for this movie, he'd be dead.

That ending is so uplifting. And if anyone ever believes their life is hopeless, just have them watch this .

Hey, great tip!! I'll find this doc, seems like a sad but good film.

Really amazing story, yes. Definitley check it out.

I add Eric Wagner (ex Trouble) and Ben Ward (Orange Goblin) to your great list

• Like 1

Kip Winger belongs, a vocalist and bass player. Who else can do that?

30295009001190379049522.jpg

No joke here. Kip Winger is seriously talented and his solo stuff is really good, as is the post Seventeen winger albums.

Yes, I'm defending Winger.