CA Album Battle 9: Clockwork Angels vs. Signals

Segue Myles

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Best?

I reckon from here on out the competition may get tougher...

But in all honesty, not for me. Playing the album now, and no it isn't my favourite, not even close, but it is still excellent. Losing It, The Weapon, Countdown...CA doesn't have a song to match any of these for me!

Signals..hand down.

• Like 1

3-0 right now. Tombstone mountain must be asleep

:laughing guy: .... :outtahere:
  • Like 1

3-1, kind sir. I vote CA, in spite of the wonderful songs on Signals. I love Signals, but I think Clockwork Angels is a more cohesive album.

• Like 2

3-1, kind sir. I vote CA, in spite of the wonderful songs on Signals. I love Signals, but I think Clockwork Angels is a more cohesive album.

I agree...but Signals wins because I love three of the songs more than anything on CA.

But CA has terrific flow

• Like 1

With all due respect and there is plenty due my friend your taste in Rush music has surprised me as much if not more than BC's has lately. He is very young so I take that into account where you are not. Just surprised is all not the world coming to an end. Enjoy the 66 minutes... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

With all due respect and there is plenty due my friend your taste in Rush music has surprised me as much if not more than BC's has lately. He is very young so I take that into account where you are not. Just surprised is all not the world coming to an end. Enjoy the 66 minutes... :)

I am...I did enjoy it, just yesterday!

:cheers:

Edit- And by the way, I did vote against CA in every poll from 2112 through Moving Pictures...

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

With all due respect and there is plenty due my friend your taste in Rush music has surprised me as much if not more than BC's has lately. He is very young so I take that into account where you are not. Just surprised is all not the world coming to an end. Enjoy the 66 minutes... :)

Edit- And by the way, I did vote against CA in every poll from 2112 through Moving Pictures...

I just figured you would take it all the way to HYF. No biggie... :)
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini:

I honestly thought you were really young. Not sure why I thought that and I just spied your profile. Oops on me. :| You keep posting the same thing with no explanation so just wondering if CA is your favorite Rush album ever? Seems to be...

I just figured you would take it all the way to HYF. No biggie... :)

:P Nope.

But I do have a major dilemma coming up, yeah...

Clockwork Angels :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini:

I honestly thought you were really young. Not sure why I thought that and I just spied your profile. Oops on me. :| You keep posting the same thing with no explanation so just wondering if CA is your favorite Rush album ever? Seems to be...

Nope, if you read the last two polls you would have seen that I went for Permanent Waves & Moving Pictures ;)

Other than that, there is no mystery, Clockwork Angels is a damn fine album, one of their best, but not THE best...

Nope, if you read the last two polls you would have seen that I went for Permanent Waves & Moving Pictures ;)

Other than that, there is no mystery, Clockwork Angels is a damn fine album, one of their best, but not THE best...

Fair enough...

With all due respect and there is plenty due my friend your taste in Rush music has surprised me as much if not more than BC's has lately. He is very young so I take that into account where you are not.

:eh:

I just now caught that. Thanks, my friend...I think.

:codger: :codger:

:P

CA for me.

Subdivisions is the best on either album and The Analog Kid and the The Weapon are great but there's more quality on CA. Not sure about the next one but it's CA for sure after that in every case.

Signals has the might Subdivisions (my 2nd favorite Rush song - only like 2112 more), Analog Kid, New World Man, Losing It and Countdown.

Plus the recording quality is better than CA.

CA has a bunch of good songs but it also has some that I don't care for. Signals gets my vote.

Plus the recording quality is better than CA.

Key point in much of this exercise in my view. Some enjoy the "recording quality" and some find it hard to even hear the excellent songs on the album "through it" and there are some excellent songs there to be sure...
  • Like 1

Signals. Still no contest.

Well in the other famous poll "The Least Glorious" I believe it was called it ranked 12th so there ya go. It wouldn't crack my top 10 for sure. If it were redone (properly) and cut down about 15 - 20 minutes it probably would...

Signals. Still no contest.

Agreed...

..."Clockwork Angels" is getting a little closer but still not able to quite compete.

"Signals" = PNC Park

"Clockwork Angels" = Parking garage down General Robinson a bit.

• Like 3