• Caress Of Steel
    • A Farewell To Kings (it's Madri-cal)
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire (keep it burning bright...)
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes And Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Some idiot voted for the Debut again. Good grief... :unsure: The tone and clarity. I would vote for ATWAS if I could but alas I can't...

Edit: The guy isn't a bass player or even a musician so cut him some slack please...

Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Some idiot voted for the Debut again. Good grief... :unsure: The tone and clarity. I would vote for ATWAS if I could but alas I can't...

Edit: The guy isn't a bass player or even a musician so cut him some slack please...

I don't care how simplistic the bass feature is in Working Man, it's still awesome. I can dig the debut, even if it's one of my least favorite Rush albums.

• Like 1

I'm going to go with Signals on account of Digital Man.

He plays fast forward just as long as he can...

• Like 1

I don't care how simplistic the bass feature is in Working Man, it's still awesome. I can dig the debut, even if it's one of my least favorite Rush albums.

There is just something about the sound or tone or whatever you call it and how prominent it is and up front in the recording. Not sure is that makes any sense. Whatever bass he was using it had great tone back then. I of course also love the guitar and solos especially on that recording so... :)

There is just something about the sound or tone or whatever you call it and how prominent it is and up front in the recording. Not sure is that makes any sense. Whatever bass he was using it had great tone back then. I of course also love the guitar and solos especially on that recording so... :)

It was a Fender Precision bass.

Played precisely in my view. There is something about the tone and its place in the mix that is unmatched for me. I am probably nuts for my view but I don't care... :codger:

Hard to pick just one album. Geddy has some really tasty playing that really sticks out but it's scattered all over. But I have to say that one of my top ones to play would be Hemispheres. Lots of tasty parts on that album in particular.
  • Like 2

Played precisely in my view. There is something about the tone and its place in the mix that is unmatched for me. I am probably nuts for my view but I don't care... :codger:

A lot of bass players would agree with you. A P bass just fits really well in the mix.

Power Windows. HYF is close IMO. Really taking it up a notch with the creativity

HYF is my pick!

While Geddy had some places to show off his bass playing on HYF and PoW, I would never vote for an album where he uses that disgusting Wal bass.

He uses it to perfection on HYF.

• Like 1

I can't decide on just one, but I'd say Moving Pictures and Hold Your Fire, and honorable mention going to Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, and Permanent Waves.

I wonder if I rate Moving Pictures above the other three from the same general era- there's something about it, that I can't define. And I'm not a bass player, but what Eagle said about really creative bass parts- that's how I view Hold Your Fire as well. He was ON fire, indeed!

I know I give Snakes & Arrows crap sometimes, but I do love the bass work on that album. We'll go with that. PoW, MP, and CA are all great bass albums, too.

Wow guys! Much more diverse opinions this time around. I was expecting 90% of the vote to go to Hems again, but it looks like Ged spread his best work out much more than Lerxst in everyone's eyes here. Cool! Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Hard to pick just one album. Geddy has some really tasty playing that really sticks out but it's scattered all over. But I have to say that one of my top ones to play would be Hemispheres. Lots of tasty parts on that album in particular.

I agree with Hemispheres ... Circumstances is fantastic all the way thru .... And Geddy's finest, most tasty moment for me is that run in La Villa - Geddy never needed more than a bar or 2 to toss in something great !

!

• Like 2