CA Album Battle 7: Clockwork Angels vs. Permanent Waves

Segue Myles

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Best?

• Clockwork Angels
    • Permanent Waves

For the record there are a load of songs on CA I would choose over Speed Of Love.

As long as we're rambling about Counterparts, as cringeworthy as Alien Shore was on my first couple of listens, I eventually discovered some sick bass work going on underneath. Some of Ged's best if I recall.
  • Like 2

As long as we're rambling about Counterparts, as cringeworthy as Alien Shore was on my first couple of listens, I eventually discovered some sick bass work going on underneath. Some of Ged's best if I recall.

I love Alien Shore too. :wub:

Alien Shore has that groove :haz:

Would you all like me to dig up one of the old Speed of Love bashing threads? It would be a real "bonding" moment for many of you. :)

Except for me. I like the song. Still do. Listened to it for the first time in a while yesterday. :wub:

Speed of Love (and Counterparts, really) gets a lot of hate, but I understand it. It took a lot of time for me to find things about it that I liked. The guitar work is what makes me appreciate it. Reminds me of Grace Under Pressure.

But you hate The Speed of Love too.

So you are all set! :)

I'm going to listen to it right now. :wub: :wub:

Except I don't hate it :eh:

Good. I could use an ally. That's you, me and Zumbi who loves everything.

You think I love everything? You must have missed any post I've written about the debut, Presto, or Roll The Bones.

Would you all like me to dig up one of the old Speed of Love bashing threads? It would be a real "bonding" moment for many of you. :)

Except for me. I like the song. Still do. Listened to it for the first time in a while yesterday. :wub:

Speed of Love (and Counterparts, really) gets a lot of hate, but I understand it. It took a lot of time for me to find things about it that I liked. The guitar work is what makes me appreciate it. Reminds me of Grace Under Pressure.

You think I love everything? You must have missed any post I've written about the debut, Presto, or Roll The Bones.

Is your name zumbi?

• Like 1

Is your name zumbi?

Lol his secret identity has been unveiled!

• Like 1

Is your name zumbi?

BC failed his test on singular and plural verbs at Iowa State.

• Like 2

Is your name zumbi?

I tidied that post up so it is clearer. :)

Is your name zumbi?

I tidied that post up so it is clearer. :)

Dammit I f***ed up!

Is your name zumbi?

I blame English food's effects on my brain.

Also lose additional brain cells every time I watch the Cubs bullpen.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

CA- 2 votes

PeW- 21 trolls

• Like 2

Is your name zumbi?

I blame English food's effects on my brain.

Yeah, you're lucky to be alive. Of course, after that much English food you might consider it more unlucky.

CA- 2 votes

PeW- 21 trolls

Oppsies?

lol

Mick

Its a reference to TM lol!

We enjoy the past apparently, so trolls we are! All 91.67% of us!

• Like 1

CA- 2 votes

PeW- 21 trolls

Oppsies?

lol

Mick

He lives in a strange universe.

Mick

CA- 2 votes

PeW- 21 trolls

Oppsies?

lol

Mick

He lives in a strange universe.

Mick

As does Bowl City...the universe where I live is called Goatnut. A beautiful place

I strongly suspect after MP is completed, we will see CA win more rounds, which in all honesty I understand, as many Rush fans favour the bands more straightforward rock releases to the synth dominant eighties releases. Personal taste aside, I respect that choice completely. After all, bands like Yes, Kansas, Styx and others lost me with their softer, more commercially slanted, eighties records. Rush buck that trend with me, but I definitely agree those with more, how shall I put it, "metallic" taste in rock will not come out in droves to support an album like Power Windows when a heavier alternative is on show.

I wouldn't be surprised if CA wins all rounds between Signals and Snakes and Arrows. The most interesting polls to me will be versus Signals and Snakes and Arrows.

• Like 1

I strongly suspect after MP is completed, we will see CA win more rounds, which in all honesty I understand, as many Rush fans favour the bands more straightforward rock releases to the synth dominant eighties releases. Personal taste aside, I respect that choice completely. After all, bands like Yes, Kansas, Styx and others lost me with their softer, more commercially slanted, eighties records. Rush buck that trend with me, but I definitely agree those with more, how shall I put it, "metallic" taste in rock will not come out in droves to support an album like Power Windows when a heavier alternative is on show.

I wouldn't be surprised if CA wins all rounds between Signals and Snakes and Arrows. The most interesting polls to me will be versus Signals and Snakes and Arrows.

I would. CA shouldn't win any till at least after Power Windows...

Albums for me better than CA

PeW

MP

Signals

PoW

Presto

T4E

Snakes

About the same

FBN

Hemispheres

HYF

VT

Not an AFTK fan at all I see. Happens...