Concert Reviews

Disco

Yes

American Music Theatre Lancaster, PA

July 25, 2016

Impressive!

I went to see Yes last night, and after the past two times seeing them, they’ve left me unimpressed, and wondering if they should just hang it up. The first of those three times, it was (what I considered) Howe, Squire & White seeing that they were the only members of the band that were still playing. Oliver Wakeman was the keyboard player (who wasn’t bad) and Benoit David was the vocalist (Jon Anderson was supposed to be the lead singer, but had some health issues that prevented him, and the band still wanted to tour, so they got another singer) and he wasn’t that good. The band looked like they were going through the motions, and I figured that this would be the last time I ever saw them because I wasn’t happy with them. The next time was last summer in Baltimore, but I was more interested in seeing the opening act, Toto! The friend that I went to the show with, and I thought again; that they should just hang it up because it wasn’t a decent performance, and they was just turning into the Steve Howe show because he was about the only one, other than Geoff Downes that played a decent performance. It was one of the first shows that occurred after Chris Squire passed away, and it seemed that they were struggling, even Alan White, the drummer played like crap.

Now you may wonder why I wanted to go see them this time…. Well it was close, AND they said that they were playing the entire Drama album. So seeing the Geoff Downes would be there (since he wrote a good majority of it) it would be an interesting thing to see. (And the fact that the only people not there would have been Chris Squire, and Trevor Horn) When I got the information that Alan White had back surgery and wouldn’t be able to perform, I was worried, but seeing how bad he did the last time I saw them I thought maybe it would be better. Jay Schellen (from one of the old Asia configurations) replaced him and did a pretty decent job! The other interesting thing was that they were playing two sides of Tales from Topographic Oceans, and I was always a major fan of that album! (the advertisement also said and some “hits” which I figured would be Roundabout, All Good People, and Starship Trooper…three songs that I’ve heard so much that I thought leaving at the encore would give me a heads up on traffic!) My friend wasn’t planning on going, then after a while he thought, yeah maybe I’d like to see this show because of the set list, so he ended up getting a ticket.

They played at a place called American Music Theatre in Lancaster, PA, which after realizing that this was the first show of the US tour made perfect sense, since they always rehearsed for US tours in Lititz, PA! This is a nice venue, comfortable seats, and really not a bad seat in the house. One detraction was no bar, so no glass or two of wine before the show, and the other was that the ushers were a pain in the ass! They flashed a notice on the screens before the show “No flash photography, and no video, cell phones included” Ok, so I can take an occasional snap with my cell…nope! The ladies that were keeping an eye out for this were all over you. In fact, at the beginning of the show, I pulled my phone out to just see the time, and I was attacked! (as were other people) So that was just a pain.

As far as the show, they played the entire Drama album, then went into Time and a Word, and Siberian Khatru which is one of my favorite Yes tunes (from my other favorite album) Drama was amazing! And as I said, I think it was cool that Geoff Downes was there to play it! Machine Messiah, and Into the Lens were total standouts, but the rest of the album was great! After they played the album, Steve Howe announced that this was the first time this album was ever performed in its entirety in the US, so that was kind of cool! Time and a Word was nice, but when Steve started the first few chords of Siberian Khatru, I was thrilled! He played the living crap out of that, and the ending solo part it one of my favorite parts the he plays!

Short 15 minute intermission, and I figured that they were going to just come out and start the Tales tunes, but I was wrong…And You And I was played next which made for 2/3’s of the Close to the Edge album (and I was thinking; just play Close to the Edge?!?!?!) THEN they started The Revealing Science of God. The band played it exceptionally well, and it was 20-odd minutes of great music. Steve’s “solo” spot was the Leaves of Green section from The Ancient, with Jon Davidson singing the parts. Next up was Ritual (Nous Sommes Du Soleil) , and after thinking they blew their wad during the first section, I was wrong, and they played this WELL off the charts! (even the crazy drum parts at the end) Talk about an impressive performance! (Encore was Roundabout, and Starship Trooper…so we decided to skip out)

MAN what a show! I was totally glad I got this ticket (as was my friend, who’s seen them about 20 times over the years) The band was definitely in their element last night, and it should only get better! Steve Howe, as always, is an amazing guitar player, (although he looks about 90 pounds soaking wet) and you can tell that he’s pretty much running the band nowadays, since whenever you see his solo performances, he usually has a bunch of Tales stuff involved. So I can believe that this was his idea to play it. Billy Sherwood is doing a great job manning Chris Squire’s duties, and looks more into it than he did when I saw them last summer, and Jon Davidson is handling the vocal duties with ease. Geoff Downes is an amazing keyboard player, and has killed it every time I’ve ever seen him (Yes twice, as well as Asia twice) Jay Schellen seemed to struggle a little bit during Drama (in fact, I think I could have handled those drum parts better since I seemed to know them better) but he did an admirable job during the Tale’s parts, which in my mind was probably his main focus coming into this only recently…so he gets a pass for any faux pas!

If you get a chance to see this show, I highly recommend it! It’s impressive, and they are getting their act back together!

• Like 4

Paul McCartney

Hersheypark Stadium

July 19, 2016

Over the years, I’ve seen MANY amazing concerts and MANY amazing artists. I feel privileged to have seen some of my favorite music performed live over the years. The shows I never got to see will always be a major hole in my life, but you can only do what you can. I never got to see Queen, or Frank Zappa, or Led Zeppelin, although I was able to see Robert Plant once, and he was doing a few Led Zeppelin songs during his tour. Another band I never got to see was (and I’m sure a lot of other people as well, since they didn’t seem to really perform live like bands do these days) was The Beatles. When I heard that Paul McCartney was coming to Hershey (although I tried to get tickets when we was in State College, PA last year, and couldn’t even get a rafter seat) I was on that like crazy! So when I got the ticket, I was thrilled.

Hershey was excited as well since they had a HUGE poster of Paul on the side of the stadium, and put a big “PAUL” up on the hill in front of the old Milton Hershey School where it says “Welcome to Hershey” and purportedly renamed some of the rides in Hersheypark to Paul “themes” and the main drag in Hershey to Sir Paul Way (or something like that) I was happy to finally get to see a Beatle, and hear a bunch of songs that I grew up listening to, that I never thought I’d ever get to hear live by the person that sang them!

Being the usual impatient person, I had to check and see what the setlist was, and WOW a lot of stuff! He did 38 songs, and a nice mix of Beatles, Wings, and his solo stuff (and even an old pre-Beatles Quarrymen tune) The highlights for me were a few tunes that I just loved over the years; Fool on the Hill, Let It Be, and Yesterday, just songs that always meant a lot to me. He started with Hard Day’s Night, and Can’t Buy me Love. Did Love Me Do, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, etc….. He also did an amazing version of Live and Let Die that just blew more fireworks and pyro than anything I’ve ever seen at a concert! That will be a favorite moment of mine for a LONG time, and will have a tough time being topped at any show!

One thing that just totally impressed me, seeing aging artists over the years, you can see that they are slowing up, and need a lot of support onstage, extra singers to carry their parts, extra musicians to play their parts, etc. Paul did his share and then some! He played every song, when he played bass, he was the bass player, when he played acoustic, it was him, piano, etc. He did a spot where it was just him and a guitar on the stage, and it was all him. AND no intermission! He did the banter in between songs, talked to the audience, and the man is 74! Good for him, he is impressive!

Overall, it was probably in one of my top 10 concert experiences, and I’ve seen over 100 shows! (this is up there with Roger Water’s Wall show, Pink Floyd in 1987, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe, and a few Rush shows) If you get a chance to see this tour, DO IT! You won’t regret it!

I'm seeing Paul Aug 7th. I saw him back in 2004 and loved it so I'm going back for more.

Yeah. great show, loved the setlist...more Beatles stuff! The friend I went with has seen him a few times, and said that this was the best setlist he's ever seen....

I saw Weird Al on July 23rd and it was so cool! His music was part of my childhood and I've wanted to see him live since I was like 11. The way he dressed up for each song was really neat, that was a whole performance in itself. It was like a concert and a comedy act.

He opened with Tacky (a parody of Happy by Pharrell Williams) and on the screen he was backstage and the camera followed him as he sang and then entered the stage. I honestly couldn't believe that I was seeing him live! Each song was energetic and hilarious, you could see how much fun he was having. It was also really cool to see him in his fat suit during Fat, which is one of my favorites.

Even if you don't like Weird Al and you think his songs are dumb, his lyrics are still pretty clever. Even though all he does is parodies and polka medleys, the way he puts on his shows is fantastic and a lot of work goes into it. Not to mention his band and the orchestra are phenomenal. I loved every second of that show.

• Like 4

Yes

July 25, 2016

Impressive!

I went to see Yes last night, and after the past two times seeing them, they’ve left me unimpressed, and wondering if they should just hang it up. The first of those three times, it was (what I considered) Howe, Squire & White seeing that they were the only members of the band that were still playing. Oliver Wakeman was the keyboard player (who wasn’t bad) and Benoit David was the vocalist (Jon Anderson was supposed to be the lead singer, but had some health issues that prevented him, and the band still wanted to tour, so they got another singer) and he wasn’t that good. The band looked like they were going through the motions, and I figured that this would be the last time I ever saw them because I wasn’t happy with them. The next time was last summer in Baltimore, but I was more interested in seeing the opening act, Toto! The friend that I went to the show with, and I thought again; that they should just hang it up because it wasn’t a decent performance, and they was just turning into the Steve Howe show because he was about the only one, other than Geoff Downes that played a decent performance. It was one of the first shows that occurred after Chris Squire passed away, and it seemed that they were struggling, even Alan White, the drummer played like crap.

Now you may wonder why I wanted to go see them this time…. Well it was close, AND they said that they were playing the entire Drama album. So seeing the Geoff Downes would be there (since he wrote a good majority of it) it would be an interesting thing to see. (And the fact that the only people not there would have been Chris Squire, and Trevor Horn) When I got the information that Alan White had back surgery and wouldn’t be able to perform, I was worried, but seeing how bad he did the last time I saw them I thought maybe it would be better. Jay Schellen (from one of the old Asia configurations) replaced him and did a pretty decent job! The other interesting thing was that they were playing two sides of Tales from Topographic Oceans, and I was always a major fan of that album! (the advertisement also said and some “hits” which I figured would be Roundabout, All Good People, and Starship Trooper…three songs that I’ve heard so much that I thought leaving at the encore would give me a heads up on traffic!) My friend wasn’t planning on going, then after a while he thought, yeah maybe I’d like to see this show because of the set list, so he ended up getting a ticket.

They played at a place called American Music Theatre in Lancaster, PA, which after realizing that this was the first show of the US tour made perfect sense, since they always rehearsed for US tours in Lititz, PA! This is a nice venue, comfortable seats, and really not a bad seat in the house. One detraction was no bar, so no glass or two of wine before the show, and the other was that the ushers were a pain in the ass! They flashed a notice on the screens before the show “No flash photography, and no video, cell phones included” Ok, so I can take an occasional snap with my cell…nope! The ladies that were keeping an eye out for this were all over you. In fact, at the beginning of the show, I pulled my phone out to just see the time, and I was attacked! (as were other people) So that was just a pain.

As far as the show, they played the entire Drama album, then went into Time and a Word, and Siberian Khatru which is one of my favorite Yes tunes (from my other favorite album) Drama was amazing! And as I said, I think it was cool that Geoff Downes was there to play it! Machine Messiah, and Into the Lens were total standouts, but the rest of the album was great! After they played the album, Steve Howe announced that this was the first time this album was ever performed in its entirety in the US, so that was kind of cool! Time and a Word was nice, but when Steve started the first few chords of Siberian Khatru, I was thrilled! He played the living crap out of that, and the ending solo part it one of my favorite parts the he plays!

Short 15 minute intermission, and I figured that they were going to just come out and start the Tales tunes, but I was wrong…And You And I was played next which made for 2/3’s of the Close to the Edge album (and I was thinking; just play Close to the Edge?!?!?!) THEN they started The Revealing Science of God. The band played it exceptionally well, and it was 20-odd minutes of great music. Steve’s “solo” spot was the Leaves of Green section from The Ancient, with Jon Davidson singing the parts. Next up was Ritual (Nous Sommes Du Soleil) , and after thinking they blew their wad during the first section, I was wrong, and they played this WELL off the charts! (even the crazy drum parts at the end) Talk about an impressive performance! (Encore was Roundabout, and Starship Trooper…so we decided to skip out)

MAN what a show! I was totally glad I got this ticket (as was my friend, who’s seen them about 20 times over the years) The band was definitely in their element last night, and it should only get better! Steve Howe, as always, is an amazing guitar player, (although he looks about 90 pounds soaking wet) and you can tell that he’s pretty much running the band nowadays, since whenever you see his solo performances, he usually has a bunch of Tales stuff involved. So I can believe that this was his idea to play it. Billy Sherwood is doing a great job manning Chris Squire’s duties, and looks more into it than he did when I saw them last summer, and Jon Davidson is handling the vocal duties with ease. Geoff Downes is an amazing keyboard player, and has killed it every time I’ve ever seen him (Yes twice, as well as Asia twice) Jay Schellen seemed to struggle a little bit during Drama (in fact, I think I could have handled those drum parts better since I seemed to know them better) but he did an admirable job during the Tale’s parts, which in my mind was probably his main focus coming into this only recently…so he gets a pass for any faux pas!

If you get a chance to see this show, I highly recommend it! It’s impressive, and they are getting their act back together!

I was also at this show in Lancaster on Monday night and, I agree, that they played well. I was glad that the crowd was respectful during some of the quieter moments and let the band play without background noise.

I hadn't seen Yes since around 2009, but I had to go see them perform all of Drama (or risk my 1980's self finding a time machine in an alternate history and travelling to 2016 to kick my ass).

We probably passed each other on the way out as I skipped the encore also.

I'm going to see them again on Sunday at the Sands event center (I bought those tickets before the Lancaster show was added).

• Like 2

Yes

July 25, 2016

Impressive!

I was also at this show in Lancaster on Monday night and, I agree, that they played well. I was glad that the crowd was respectful during some of the quieter moments and let the band play without background noise.

I hadn't seen Yes since around 2009, but I had to go see them perform all of Drama (or risk my 1980's self finding a time machine in an alternate history and travelling to 2016 to kick my ass).

We probably passed each other on the way out as I skipped the encore also.

I'm going to see them again on Sunday at the Sands event center (I bought those tickets before the Lancaster show was added).

Yeah, highly possible! I caught Steve's intro, then decided that the rest wasn't gonna be anything over the top...(and I never was a Starship Trooper fan...)

I'm going to be in Bethlehem on Sunday also, but I'm going to Dutch Springs scuba diving (and the guy I dive with isn't a Yes fan...)

Paul McCartney

Hersheypark Stadium

July 19, 2016

Over the years, I’ve seen MANY amazing concerts and MANY amazing artists. I feel privileged to have seen some of my favorite music performed live over the years. The shows I never got to see will always be a major hole in my life, but you can only do what you can. I never got to see Queen, or Frank Zappa, or Led Zeppelin, although I was able to see Robert Plant once, and he was doing a few Led Zeppelin songs during his tour. Another band I never got to see was (and I’m sure a lot of other people as well, since they didn’t seem to really perform live like bands do these days) was The Beatles. When I heard that Paul McCartney was coming to Hershey (although I tried to get tickets when we was in State College, PA last year, and couldn’t even get a rafter seat) I was on that like crazy! So when I got the ticket, I was thrilled.

Hershey was excited as well since they had a HUGE poster of Paul on the side of the stadium, and put a big “PAUL” up on the hill in front of the old Milton Hershey School where it says “Welcome to Hershey” and purportedly renamed some of the rides in Hersheypark to Paul “themes” and the main drag in Hershey to Sir Paul Way (or something like that) I was happy to finally get to see a Beatle, and hear a bunch of songs that I grew up listening to, that I never thought I’d ever get to hear live by the person that sang them!

Being the usual impatient person, I had to check and see what the setlist was, and WOW a lot of stuff! He did 38 songs, and a nice mix of Beatles, Wings, and his solo stuff (and even an old pre-Beatles Quarrymen tune) The highlights for me were a few tunes that I just loved over the years; Fool on the Hill, Let It Be, and Yesterday, just songs that always meant a lot to me. He started with Hard Day’s Night, and Can’t Buy me Love. Did Love Me Do, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, etc….. He also did an amazing version of Live and Let Die that just blew more fireworks and pyro than anything I’ve ever seen at a concert! That will be a favorite moment of mine for a LONG time, and will have a tough time being topped at any show!

One thing that just totally impressed me, seeing aging artists over the years, you can see that they are slowing up, and need a lot of support onstage, extra singers to carry their parts, extra musicians to play their parts, etc. Paul did his share and then some! He played every song, when he played bass, he was the bass player, when he played acoustic, it was him, piano, etc. He did a spot where it was just him and a guitar on the stage, and it was all him. AND no intermission! He did the banter in between songs, talked to the audience, and the man is 74! Good for him, he is impressive!

Overall, it was probably in one of my top 10 concert experiences, and I’ve seen over 100 shows! (this is up there with Roger Water’s Wall show, Pink Floyd in 1987, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe, and a few Rush shows) If you get a chance to see this tour, DO IT! You won’t regret it!

Since we're on vacation When Sir Paul plays NJ, I saw the Hershey show and Philly show on his schedule.

Since I hadn't seen him in 26 years, and Neil has opened up a massive availability in my concert budget, I was focused on making sure I see Sir Paul when he is nearby.

We really wanted Hershey because staying at the Lodge and going to the park would have been so much fun. But eventually we settled on Philly, it's about 90 mins closer, and the benefits of a modern baseball stadium were appealing. But we really missed Hershey, it's been too long!

Anyway, we should mention this tour was the first time ever he played a full version of Its a Hard Days Night as a solo artist. So the last time Macca sing this tune was with The Beatles in 1965 at the Cow palace in San Fran!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

Saw the wilderness/panic at the disco/Weezer tonight. I am pretty familiar with the Weezer catalog with them being around for a while and they did a nice job although rivers was not very enthusiastic. What was surprising was panic. I knew about half their songs from th radio but about 90% of the audience knew every lyric to every song. Their fans are very hardcore their enthusiasm and involvement was reminiscent of a rush show with the exception of all the screaming females every time Brendan sang a high note.

Being so geographically close to Orlando and so close time wise to the events Sunday security was very tight. The line to get through the security checkpoint was long. Took us 20 minutes to get in and th first band was already on. Better to be safe though.

What was Panic's set like? Was it more new songs than old?

Iron Maiden Esch-Sur-Alzette, Luxembourg, Rockhal

The show (especially the sound) was fantastic. Bruce himself mentioned this as a club gig and that's exactly what it was. Only 6,000 tickets were sold and we could easily walk up front. We stood in the 5th row for the first three songs and then we moved back, because my girl had a little bit problems with the heat. In fact it was very hot in the small hall and as we saw one guy collapse, we decided to step back and get us some space to catch a breath.

It was a great evening and I'm thankful that I got the chance to see Maiden at such a tiny venue.

Up the Irons...

• Like 5

Duran Duran yesterday.

The dj at the start was terrible and so was the opening act. Duran Duran was great though!!

What was Duran Duran's set like?

Duran Duran yesterday.

The dj at the start was terrible and so was the opening act. Duran Duran was great though!!

Here is the set:

Paper Gods

Wild Boys

Hungry Like the Wolf

A View To A Kill

Come Undone

Last Night In The City

What Are The Chances

Notorious

Pressure Off

Planet Earth / Space Oddity

Ordinary World

I Don’t Want Your Love

White Lines

Sunrise / New Moon On Monday

The Reflex

Girls on Film

Save A Prayer

Rio

• Like 2

Duran Duran yesterday.

Here is the set:

Paper Gods

Wild Boys

Hungry Like the Wolf

A View To A Kill

Come Undone

Last Night In The City

What Are The Chances

Notorious

Pressure Off

Ordinary World

I Don’t Want Your Love

White Lines

The Reflex

Girls on Film

Save A Prayer

Rio

That's awesome!

Duran Duran yesterday.

Here is the set:

Paper Gods

Wild Boys

Hungry Like the Wolf

A View To A Kill

Come Undone

Last Night In The City

What Are The Chances

Notorious

Pressure Off

Ordinary World

I Don’t Want Your Love

White Lines

The Reflex

Girls on Film

Save A Prayer

Rio

That's awesome!

Yes it is! :D

• Like 1

The show (especially the sound) was fantastic. Bruce himself mentioned this as a club gig and that's exactly what it was. Only 6,000 tickets were sold and we could easily walk up front. We stood in the 5th row for the first three songs and then we moved back, because my girl had a little bit problems with the heat. In fact it was very hot in the small hall and as we saw one guy collapse, we decided to step back and get us some space to catch a breath.

It was a great evening and I'm thankful that I got the chance to see Maiden at such a tiny venue.

Up the Irons...

That sounds like a fantastic show! And quite a change to the 60,000 person venues (egads!) in South America.

• Like 1

I caught Blue Öyster Cult in Detroit recently with a friend. The outdoor venue -- sandwiched in a narrow strip between the river and the General Motors skyscraper -- was stunningly bad. Also, I've never NOT been in the front row at a BÖC gig, so that was a little hard to swallow :boohoo:

There are only two original members left, and they're about to turn 69 (Buck Dharma) and 72 (Eric Bloom). They're showing their age, as one would expect, so there isn't much of a "show." But that's okay...it's BÖC, so I happily sang my head off to every single song. The setlist:

1. This Ain't the Summer of Love

2. Golden Age of Leather

3. Burnin' For You

4. OD'd on Life Itself

5. True Confessions

6. ME 262

7. Harvest Moon

8. The Vigil (I went bonkers for this!)

9. Lips in the Hills (Bloom really came alive for this one)

10. Then Came the Last Days of May

11. Godzilla

12. (Don't Fear) The Reaper

13. Hot Rails to Hell

14. Cities on Flame

• Like 6

I caught Blue Öyster Cult in Detroit recently with a friend. The outdoor venue -- sandwiched in a narrow strip between the river and the General Motors skyscraper -- was stunningly bad. Also, I've never NOT been in the front row at a BÖC gig, so that was a little hard to swallow :boohoo:

There are only two original members left, and they're about to turn 69 (Buck Dharma) and 72 (Eric Bloom). They're showing their age, as one would expect, so there isn't much of a "show." But that's okay...it's BÖC, so I happily sang my head off to every single song. The setlist:

1. This Ain't the Summer of Love

2. Golden Age of Leather

3. Burnin' For You

4. OD'd on Life Itself

5. True Confessions

6. ME 262

7. Harvest Moon

8. The Vigil (I went bonkers for this!)

9. Lips in the Hills (Bloom really came alive for this one)

10. Then Came the Last Days of May

11. Godzilla

12. (Don't Fear) The Reaper

13. Hot Rails to Hell

14. Cities on Flame

I had no idea that they were that old.

I would have gone bonkers for "The Vigil" also. That's got to be in my top three BOC songs of all time.

I'm surprised that they've never had Joe or Al join the lineup in the later years. I believe they both play in bands that feature BOC stuff. It's possible that Buck and Eric tour just a little too much for their liking (talk about on tour forever).

Up the Irons...

That sounds like a fantastic show! And quite a change to the 60,000 person venues (egads!) in South America.

It was really fantastic and the show had a great level of intimacy. Absolutely unique at this stage of their career.

Tonight they play the last show of the tour at the Wacken Open Air in front of 75,000 people. Live stream of the whole show is available from 21.30 on www.wacken.com!!! Don't miss it.

50 years of Jeff Beck @ The Hollywood Bowl - Aug. 10th 2016

Awesome show at the Bowl on Wednesday night.

Buddy Guy opened the show with a 35 minute set.

Jeff Beck set:

1. The Revolution Will Be Televised (Loud Hailer)

2. Over Under Sideways Down (Jimmy Hall vocals. He's the Wet Willie singer and sang on JB's 1985 album 'Flash)

3. Heart Full Of Soul (J. Hall)

4. For Your Love (J. Hall)

5. Beck's Bolero

6. Plynth (Water Down The Drain) (J. Hall)

7. Morning Dew (J. Hall)

8. Freeway Jam (Jan Hammer keys on songs 8-12)

9. You Never Know

10. Cause We've Ended As Lovers

11. Blue Wind

12. Star Cycle

13. Big Block

14. I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James cover w/ Beth Hart on vocals)

15. Shake Like A Willow Tree (w/Buddy Guy)

16. Live In The Dark (Loud Hailer)

17. Scared For The Children (Loud Hailer)

18. Rough Boy (w/Billy Gibbons)

19. Company Store (16 Tons) (Billy Gibbons)

20. Train Kept A-Rollin' (w/Steven Tyler)

21. Shapes Of Things (Steven Tyler)

22. A Day In The Life

encore:

Purple Rain (w/ Beth Hart & Steven Tyler)

13907012_1254614937905384_2226295687738897964_n.jpg?oh=b15e2a96e4b88261d02c2fd95fefbbd5&oe=58546B96

13912575_1254615004572044_4582353334794502213_n.jpg?oh=8379af65e3592328c700054a41f0b91b&oe=58593484

13939546_1254615057905372_6471847338819612897_n.jpg?oh=3aefc72d8bd5053a4e35aa6b6f1343aa&oe=5823DB9A

13938626_1254615087905369_26635388262812756_n.jpg?oh=c4e607d80c85a32c08b05ec41be1580e&oe=584DCD64

Edited by Self-Indulgence
  • Like 2

50 years of Jeff Beck @ The Hollywood Bowl - Aug. 10th 2016

Awesome show at the Bowl on Wednesday night.

Buddy Guy opened the show with a 35 minute set.

Jeff Beck set:

1. The Revolution Will Be Televised (Loud Hailer)

2. Over Under Sideways Down (Jimmy Hall vocals. He's the Wet Willie singer and sang on JB's 1985 album 'Flash)

3. Heart Full Of Soul (J. Hall)

4. For Your Love (J. Hall)

5. Beck's Bolero

6. Plynth (Water Down The Drain) (J. Hall)

7. Morning Dew (J. Hall)

8. Freeway Jam (Jan Hammer keys on songs 8-12)

9. You Never Know

10. Cause We've Ended As Lovers

11. Blue Wind

12. Star Cycle

13. Big Block

14. I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James cover w/ Beth Hart on vocals)

15. Shake Like A Willow Tree (w/Buddy Guy)

16. Live In The Dark (Loud Hailer)

17. Scared For The Children (Loud Hailer)

18. Rough Boy (w/Billy Gibbons)

19. Company Store (16 Tons) (Billy Gibbons)

20. Train Kept A-Rollin' (w/Steven Tyler)

21. Shapes Of Things (Steven Tyler)

22. A Day In The Life

encore:

Purple Rain (w/ Beth Hart & Steven Tyler)

13907012_1254614937905384_2226295687738897964_n.jpg?oh=b15e2a96e4b88261d02c2fd95fefbbd5&oe=58546B96

13912575_1254615004572044_4582353334794502213_n.jpg?oh=8379af65e3592328c700054a41f0b91b&oe=58593484

13939546_1254615057905372_6471847338819612897_n.jpg?oh=3aefc72d8bd5053a4e35aa6b6f1343aa&oe=5823DB9A

13938626_1254615087905369_26635388262812756_n.jpg?oh=c4e607d80c85a32c08b05ec41be1580e&oe=584DCD64

Awesome. Love Jeff Beck. He's an institution.

• Like 1

Blink-182, A Day To Remember, and All Time Low last night. All three put on a great show! All Time Low and Blink had a lot of humorous banter between songs, and all three had great live energy!
  • Like 1

Bruce at Metlife Stadium, NJ. Aug 23, 2016

I have to admit, I'm not a fan and own only one Bruce album but last night was pretty amazing. I work at Metlife and normally cannot see most of the concerts but last night I saw all 3 hours 50 mins !!!!

Bruce and band gave a pretty amazing show. Great sound for a stadium and the crowd was dancing for most of the night.

Again, I'm not too familiar with his albums but WOW, he rocked the stadium.

Same again Thursday and next Tuesday.

http://youtu.be/wkjLmq8Bk84

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1