CA Album Battle 6: Clockwork Angels vs. Hemispheres

Segue Myles

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best?

Nope, not voting in this one either. I don't want to have to decide.

You still have made a choice.

Yes, and that will be my choice on this one.

While both albums have a lot of good and enjoyable music, both also have flaws and problems.

For Hemispheres its the title track. Its decent and ok but nothing really special. The 2nd side of the album on the other hand is very strong. For me Hemispheres is probably the weakest Rush album between FBN and Presto (inc. the 2 I just mentioned).

As I have in several other posts, CA starts out with 2 songs that are, at best, tolerable. Then there are 3 songs that are real stinkers. Than it takes off with Halo Effect and everything from that point on (with the exception of BU2B2) is very strong. Unfortunately the overall recording quality of the album could be significantly better. IMO, the original mix of VT was horrible. The band got it right with S & A and did a fine job mixing that album. They then went backwards (thankfully only part way) when the recorded and mixed CA.

So you have to albums with problems. The overall quality of Hemispheres is better but CA makes up for that with the quantity of its good music.

If this was a sporting event I would call it a draw that was at times entertaining and at times ugly & sloppy. Nobody gets my vote.

NARPS!!!!!!

Surprising Hemispheres has a solid lead, as it won the most recent best album poll. (Or least worst of the least worst, however that worked ;))

Maybe I need my ears cleaned out, but there is a small chance Hemispheres might be the best album this band ever released.

Sure, I favour AFTK over this...but Hemispheres is a challenging, articulate masterpiece with four of the finest songs ever released.

Not a chance Segue.

Hemispheres IS the best.

Mick

But it doesn't have Carnies!

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

:rfl:

Hey, what's wrong with Carnies, by the way? I love that song! Very enjoyable to play on the guitar, too. It's been awhile since I played it, but I enjoy it a lot...love the drop-D tuning. (Or is it in open G? Blast, I can't remember!).

No, it's not on Hemispheres. It's on Clockwork Angels, dig...and as such, and even though I voted Hemispheres in this poll, I still defend the great music on CA! ;)

• Like 1

Maybe I need my ears cleaned out, but there is a small chance Hemispheres might be the best album this band ever released.

Sure, I favour AFTK over this...but Hemispheres is a challenging, articulate masterpiece with four of the finest songs ever released.

Not a chance Segue.

Hemispheres IS the best.

Mick

Hey, what's wrong with Carnies, by the way? I love that song! Very enjoyable to play on the guitar, too. It's been awhile since I played it, but I enjoy it a lot...love the drop-D tuning. (Or is it in open G? Blast, I can't remember!).

No, it's not on Hemispheres. It's on Clockwork Angels, dig...and as such, and even though I voted Hemispheres in this poll, I still defend the great music on CA! ;)

Lol same as me and VT!

Defend to the death!

• Like 1

Not a chance Segue.

Hemispheres IS the best.

Mick

Lol same as me and VT!

Defend to the death!

I would expect nothing less! Haha!

^^^ Good grief :| . Hemispheres by miles...

By miles? Hemispheres by galaxies!

Welcome back, Narps! Did you enjoy your sabbatical? :laughing guy:

I did indeed. Thanks for asking... :hug2:
  • Like 2

I asked yesterday where you went. You're very much missed when you're not here. :)

• Like 1

I asked yesterday where you went. You're very much missed when you're not here. :)

:blush: ... :hug2:
  • Like 1

Not a chance Segue.

Hemispheres IS the best.

Mick

Carnies is one of the two best songs on CA!

• Like 1

True, dat.

• Like 2

True, dat.

Gracias... :)
  • Like 1