CA Album Battle 5: Clockwork Angels vs. A Farewell To Kings

Segue Myles

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Clockwork Angels
    • A Farewell To Kings

Hard to believe the album is 47 years old.

It is timeless.

Hmmm...my math says it's 38 years old.

:huh:

Nineteen sixty-eight, though, was also an incredible year for music. ;)

It's ok. I thought 1990 was fifteen years ago today...

I am not really getting to grips with turning quarter of a century... :codger:

Haha! Oh, Segue...my heart just bleeds for you, young man.

:codger:

25 just came around so fast...

I mean...how????

Tomorrow will be 2056, and I will be...

Ok...lets stop.

Erm...yes, let's. Hahaha...

I will say, I had the most terrible time with turning twenty. The reasons why are myriad, and not worth recounting right now. But at any rate...both thirty and forty were extremely easy, by comparison.

Same here!

I nearly married a walking nightmare. And in all honesty...courting her was the biggest long term bad decision in my life so far...20 sucked (for lots of other reasons too).

Apparently the thirties are a great decade.

• Like 1

It is timeless.

Thanks so much for the correction. I appreciate it!

Maybe I'm really forty instead of sixty. :unsure:

I tend to forget there was a decade between 2000 and 2010.

In all honesty, I believe time has stood still since 2001...movies, music and literature has stood still, not advanced (mostly, it has regressed), same as fashion.

The last fourteen years has essentially been one long year...I swear, the difference between the 80's and 90's is impossible to overlook. But last decade, and this decade (we are past the halfway mark), what has changed? The immediate world around us, aside from technology, is EXACTLY the same.

You're right. The only advance I can think of right off hand is in the technology area. Music has definitely taken a backslide. Reality TV is the downfall of our current civilization. Dumb is now cool.

• Like 1

In 2056 I will have long departed for the heavenly Xanadu, and Segue will be ... :codger: ... would 66 be right, Blue J?

Ding ding ding ding ding!!

Correct! :P

Actually, 66 doesn't sound very old, for the year 2056...(because it's not!).

If I am still around, kicking and screaming and defending this or that Rush album, I shall be...yikes...83.

:codger: :codger: :codger:

• Like 1

Cygnus X-1

We must have started the album at the same time...coz I am near the end of this!

I have come away with a new aspect of this album that I love: the slow build up of Cygnus...its glorious!

I have to play Hems now

Cygnus and Xanadu are two songs that I think encompass the true essence of who the band was back in the early days. They have never truly recaptured that again, which is a shame.

I agree with you.

They exceeded it with Roll the Bones and Presto

I will never believe anything you say ever again.

i think Tombstone really hates CA.

He loves da mind games, lol

Mick

• Like 1

It is timeless.

In all honesty, I believe time has stood still since 2001...movies, music and literature has stood still, not advanced (mostly, it has regressed), same as fashion.

The last fourteen years has essentially been one long year...I swear, the difference between the 80's and 90's is impossible to overlook. But last decade, and this decade (we are past the halfway mark), what has changed? The immediate world around us, aside from technology, is EXACTLY the same.

You're right. The only advance I can think of right off hand is in the technology area. Music has definitely taken a backslide. Reality TV is the downfall of our current civilization. Dumb is now cool.

Why, thank you Eaglemoon!

Joking aside, you are so right. I know many here would scoff at this, but if it wasn't for stuff like Harry Potter, I am not sure the majority of my generation would know how to use books enjoyably. My era hung on to the joys of literature by the thinnest threads. Fortunately, compared to some drivel, the thread was strong.

Musically, in all honesty, at least we have free will, and those who choose to look back have the best of luck!

I know my world changed the day I discovered Rush and Fleetwood Mac...if it wasn't for the old school, I swear music and me would have fallen out!

• Like 2

Cygnus X-1

We must have started the album at the same time...coz I am near the end of this!

I have come away with a new aspect of this album that I love: the slow build up of Cygnus...its glorious!

I have to play Hems now

Cygnus and Xanadu are two songs that I think encompass the true essence of who the band was back in the early days. They have never truly recaptured that again, which is a shame.

I agree with you.

Mick

Yeah, that much is obvious. It's too bad.

• Like 1

Cygnus X-1

I have to play Hems now

I agree with you.

Mick

It sure comes across that way...I mean, has he heard it? The hyperbole makes me wonder if its all an epic mind game.

It is timeless.

Joking aside, you are so right. I know many here would scoff at this, but if it wasn't for stuff like Harry Potter, I am not sure the majority of my generation would know how to use books enjoyably. My era hung on to the joys of literature by the thinnest threads. Fortunately, compared to some drivel, the thread was strong.

Musically, in all honesty, at least we have free will, and those who choose to look back have the best of luck!

I know my world changed the day I discovered Rush and Fleetwood Mac...if it wasn't for the old school, I swear music and me would have fallen out!

i loathed my generations music for the most part. The beatles were my gateway to much better stuff.

Mick

• Like 2

It is timeless.

i loathed my generations music for the most part. The beatles were my gateway to much better stuff.

Mick

The Beatles were awesome. :)

• Like 2

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

We are the Beavis and Butthead of the forum.

(Me and Mick are Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and Blue J is our Mad hatter).

I miss Narps, he's our reliable Rip Van Winkle.

• Like 2

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

Where is he? Haven't seen him around here for a little while.

• Like 1

It is timeless.

Mick

I looked at my music collection recently, and was amazed by the lack of nineties music in my collection compared to the 50's-80's!

I have plenty from the 00's, but since 2010, very little has pleased me. I keep trying, but as you have all witnessed, I tend to go mad overboard for what my friends call dad rock haha!

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

Narps said he's taking a break from the forum.

Mick

It is timeless.

Mick

I looked at my music collection recently, and was amazed by the lack of nineties music in my collection compared to the 50's-80's!

I have plenty from the 00's, but since 2010, very little has pleased me. I keep trying, but as you have all witnessed, I tend to go mad overboard for what my friends call dad rock haha!

What do they call the current music? Crap? :D

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

Taking a break for reasons not mine to share.

Miss him though :(

• Like 1

It is timeless.

Mick

oh i HATED the 90's scene. I enjoy music being made now better honestly.

Mick

• Like 1

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

By a curious neurological twist, I connected the notion of being the Mad Hatter with Lorraine's avatar and thought of some Elton John lyrics (or rather Bernie Taupin, to be exact). Ha!

Our brains are funny.

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

Mick

Oh really? Any particular reason? Usually people do that when someone has pissed them off.

• Like 2

It is timeless.

Mick

It is timeless.

Mick

Look up Imagine Dragons, if you dare.

Apparently, this is rock music...

• Like 1

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

Mick

Oh really? Any particular reason? Usually people do that when someone has pissed them off.

Well...you are not far off the mark.

Ever wondered why I stopped frequently visiting the Rush part of this forum? Well...there you have it!

Dumb is now cool.

That's good news for me.

Mick

"

let's just say i don't think he could take the tour time "excitement" around here.

Mick

• Like 2

Imagine Dragons...ugh. I am doing my best to turn my son on to better things.

He is only eleven, so there's time. I'm doing as much as I can.