Jurassic World

Alchemical

I'm a big fan of the og Jurassic Park and as a kid I was quite the dino fiend. The long awaited -true- sequel releases in a little over a week. How do you guys feel about it? Will it disappoint? Live up to potential? Or do you just want to see dinosaurs on the big screen again, no matter the quality?

Think this will be much better than JP3.

One thing that bothers me is how they are so effing stupid to breed a new, more vicious dino

Well from what I've gathered the park has been up and running for a decade or so and interest has dwindled, so they cooked up a new dino in the lab to reinvigorate interest? :wtf:

Whatever. As long as I get to see the original T-Rex take down this Frankenstein's monster, I'll be happy.

Think this will be much better than JP3.

One thing that bothers me is how they are so effing stupid to breed a new, more vicious dino

Well from what I've gathered the park has been up and running for a decade or so and interest has dwindled, so they cooked up a new dino in the lab to reinvigorate interest? :wtf:

Whatever. As long as I get to see the original T-Rex take down this Frankenstein's monster, I'll be happy.

Ah, didn't know that first bit of info. "Things have been running well, let's change that!" :LOL:

In my opinion, the last great monster movie was King Kong in 2005.

Since then...there have good ones, but with JP4, I truly have confidence this one could match the original novel, never mind the films, based on the inventiveness alone.

Something new based on something old.

This doesn't strike as a lazy retread as much as it is a genius reboot in the form of a sequel (phew...we managed to escape the dreaded remake!).

If it features Jeff Goldblum getting eaten, I'll go see it...... :7up: :7up:
  • Like 1

Does he get under your skin too?

He was excellent in The Fly. Most other films, I just get the urge to deck him..... :laughing guy:

• Like 1

He was excellent in The Fly. Most other films, I just get the urge to deck him..... :laughing guy:

Don't tell my sister that.

Since then...there have good ones, but with JP4, I truly have confidence this one could match the original novel, never mind the films, based on the inventiveness alone.

This doesn't strike as a lazy retread as much as it is a genius reboot in the form of a sequel (phew...we managed to escape the dreaded remake!).

Didn't care for Pacific Rim, Godzilla (2014), Cloverfield, Monsters, or The Host (2006) ?

Didn't care for Pacific Rim, Godzilla (2014), Cloverfield, Monsters, or The Host (2006) ?

I truly forgot a about Cloverfield!

Otherwise, the rest are merely good in my books.

Jeff Goldblum is fine, but is only appropriate for a certain type of role. The character he's playing has to be slightly insane or Goldblum is useless.

Other than that, Jurassic World will suck. Some will love it, I'll hate it. It will be endless action sequences strung together by crappy dialogue.

I had the same problem with Mad Max which was just a 2 1/2 hour car chase. The special effects and stunts were great, but I need a little more than that at my advanced age.

• Like 2

Jeff Goldblum is fine, but is only appropriate for a certain type of role. The character he's playing has to be slightly insane or Goldblum is useless.

Other than that, Jurassic World will suck. Some will love it, I'll hate it. It will be endless action sequences strung together by crappy dialogue.

I had the same problem with Mad Max which was just a 2 1/2 hour car chase. The special effects and stunts were great, but I need a little more than that at my advanced age.

Modern action movies are not a patch on the oldies. I truly agree: special effects are soulless when all we see is quick editing and CGI. And characters are useless...to much time spent making heroes PC or ultra damaged.

To be honest, I haven't loved going to the cinema for years now. Marvel has ruined it a lot, rarely are event movies serious dramas, and when they are, they are still missing something.

• Like 2

How dare you people watch a film before I'm ready for it!! HOW VERY DARE YOU????????????????????

:madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra:

• Like 1

Modern action movies are not a patch on the oldies. I truly agree: special effects are soulless when all we see is quick editing and CGI. And characters are useless...to much time spent making heroes PC or ultra damaged.

To be honest, I haven't loved going to the cinema for years now. Marvel has ruined it a lot, rarely are event movies serious dramas, and when they are, they are still missing something.

If I feel like I'm in the theater watching someone play a video game on the big screen, I'm not interested. That's what the "super hero" films of today seem like to me.

• Like 2

If I feel like I'm in the theater watching someone play a video game on the big screen, I'm not interested. That's what the "super hero" films of today seem like to me.

Yeah, this is a good point. Unless it's done REALLY well, you feel detached from it all, and it's harder to buy into the artificial realism

Yeah, this is a good point. Unless it's done REALLY well, you feel detached from it all, and it's harder to buy into the artificial realism

It's REAL!! Dinosaurs are REAL. Dinosaurs are roaming the WORLD!! Do you understand me?????????????????? :boohoo:

• Like 1

It's REAL!! Dinosaurs are REAL. Dinosaurs are roaming the WORLD!! Do you understand me?????????????????? :boohoo:

I have a strooooooong feeling Jurassic World is gonna kick ass!