Jurassic World

Alchemical

Jeff Goldblum is fine, but is only appropriate for a certain type of role. The character he's playing has to be slightly insane or Goldblum is useless.

Other than that, Jurassic World will suck. Some will love it, I'll hate it. It will be endless action sequences strung together by crappy dialogue.

I had the same problem with Mad Max which was just a 2 1/2 hour car chase. The special effects and stunts were great, but I need a little more than that at my advanced age.

Modern action movies are not a patch on the oldies. I truly agree: special effects are soulless when all we see is quick editing and CGI. And characters are useless...to much time spent making heroes PC or ultra damaged.

To be honest, I haven't loved going to the cinema for years now. Marvel has ruined it a lot, rarely are event movies serious dramas, and when they are, they are still missing something.

If I feel like I'm in the theater watching someone play a video game on the big screen, I'm not interested. That's what the "super hero" films of today seem like to me.

Yeah, this might benefit from more practical effects or even animatronics like the original had.

It really pulls you out of the experience, but I'll give it a shot anyhow on the off chance this is actually good.

Jeff Goldblum is fine, but is only appropriate for a certain type of role. The character he's playing has to be slightly insane or Goldblum is useless.

Other than that, Jurassic World will suck. Some will love it, I'll hate it. It will be endless action sequences strung together by crappy dialogue.

I had the same problem with Mad Max which was just a 2 1/2 hour car chase. The special effects and stunts were great, but I need a little more than that at my advanced age.

Modern action movies are not a patch on the oldies. I truly agree: special effects are soulless when all we see is quick editing and CGI. And characters are useless...to much time spent making heroes PC or ultra damaged.

To be honest, I haven't loved going to the cinema for years now. Marvel has ruined it a lot, rarely are event movies serious dramas, and when they are, they are still missing something.

To be fair, I thought the original Iron Man and The Winter Soldier had a lot more soul / depth / acting chops than your run of the mill Superhero movie.

Actually I'd add the first Captain America to that list as well.

• Like 1

yeah I don't go to the theater very often anymore but this and the new Terminator are must sees on the big screen

You know it!

I'm taking my daughter to see her first AHNULD movie on the big screen, for what might be the last time who knows? It's cool to share something like this with her as my dad always played AHNULD movies for me and my brother when we were younger.

So I went back through his catalog and we watched all kinds of awesome to prepare:

Terminators 1-4 (I know he's not really in 4, but what the hell it was for continuity's sake)

Predator

Kindergarten Cop

Commando

The Running Man

I haven't shown her Total Recall yet because it's a wee bit too gory in comparison to these others, but I will soon enough.

True Lies will probably follow that. Conan the Barbarian I'm not sure if she'd like it to be honest but we'll see.

• Like 1

To be fair, I thought the original Iron Man and The Winter Soldier had a lot more soul / depth / acting chops than your run of the mill Superhero movie.

Actually I'd add the first Captain America to that list as well.

Agreed...these three are definite exceptions

It's a fun movie, but no depth (not that that's needed in a fun movie).

The lack of depth added to its enjoyability. Too many "dark" blockbusters, with back story, and I just loved a knowingly cheesy blockbuster that just did what it promised and had fun.

It was an ok movie as a whole......but with the best Climax in a JP movie......as a whole though it's really nothing special.

Mick

I am dying to see it again...

...this sounds weird, but for a franchise to be rebooted and to have the same feel, is both refreshing and comforting.

So far my favourite movie of 2015.

• Like 2

It was an ok movie as a whole......but with the best Climax in a JP movie......as a whole though it's really nothing special.

Mick

...this sounds weird, but for a franchise to be rebooted and to have the same feel, is both refreshing and comforting.

it was ok. they did things in that movie that angered me. Making an actual park and spending most of the flick out of it......In the wild like we've seen 3 times already. i wanted more things.....in the park DAMMIT, lol. Cause the look of the park was cool.

I was honestly bored till the last 20 minutes or so.

Mick

Missed oppertunity to me.

Mick

it was ok. they did things in that movie that angered me. Making an actual park and spending most of the flick out of it......In the wild like we've seen 3 times already. i wanted more things.....in the park DAMMIT, lol. Cause the look of the park was cool.

I was honestly bored till the last 20 minutes or so.

Mick

Missed oppertunity to me.

I loved about the same as the first.

• Like 1

It was good.and 1/2 billion opening weekend proves it. I was surprised by the numbers. At the 1045am show this past Friday. Though the theater only had about 20 people.

Its basically a remake of JP1 and 2 in the same movie with a few twist

• Like 1

Saw it last night, it was really really AWESOME. No shit.

I almost can't decide if it's better than the original movie and I thought I'd never say that. It's at least tied with it IMO.

RE: CGI dinosaurs- They weren't half as fake-looking as I expected them to be. And there was more human element to the film than what most people seem to be saying (though that older brother was a jerk-off, the younger kid did a good job).

• Like 1

I saw this today.

And I must say it was a disappointing.

The effects was great, but the story was just lame.... and I could beat up those kids sooo much!

• Like 1

Saw it last night, it was really really AWESOME. No shit.

I almost can't decide if it's better than the original movie and I thought I'd never say that. It's at least tied with it IMO.

RE: CGI dinosaurs- They weren't half as fake-looking as I expected them to be. And there was more human element to the film than what most people seem to be saying (though that older brother was a jerk-off, the younger kid did a good job).

I LOVE IT!

yeah I don't go to the theater very often anymore but this and the new Terminator are must sees on the big screen

I daw it for a second time and enjoyed it even more. Completely predictable, campy, but good fun.
  • Like 1

I didn't enjoy Jurassic world. far to predictable. not worth the hype.

I am not really sure how any body would want or expect anything from a Jurassic Park film beyond monsters, fun, and biting. The predictability is all part of the fun! Seriously...after dull monster movies like Godzilla, Pacific Rim and Monsters, its been great to have a silly, OTT popcorn blockbuster that just screams at you to have fun!

Especially great because this isn't a superhero film. Last blockbuster that kept me this entertained was Guardians Of The Galaxy. I enjoyed this one a lot more!

Edited by Segue Myles

what is awesome is the original score by John Williams has reentered the classical billboard charts again 22 years after it first appeared. An incredible score!!!
  • Like 1

I daw it for a second time and enjoyed it even more. Completely predictable, campy, but good fun.

finally saw it over the weekend. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Kinda corny but great dino-action.

• Like 1

Spoiler? Are spoilers a thing in movie threads?

I absolutely loved the scene where they busted out the '92 Wrangler. Just a super cool tribute to the original. My buddy had an identical olive drab '92 Wrangler 4.0 Sahara. He put a Jurassic Park sign on the windshield, I miss it.

• Like 1

Spoiler? Are spoilers a thing in movie threads?

I absolutely loved the scene where they busted out the '92 Wrangler. Just a super cool tribute to the original. My buddy had an identical olive drab '92 Wrangler 4.0 Sahara. He put a Jurassic Park sign on the windshield, I miss it.

Did anyone wonder how the gasoline in that Jeep didn't turn into varnish?

• Like 1

I finally saw this last night and it was terrific. I won't spoil things just to be safe but the ending was so satisfying, No we won't get awestruck scared by dinosaurs anymore but this movie was better than 2 and 3.
  • Like 1