FREE Ticket to June 21st Montreal Show

Kingdirk

I'm hoping the word "FREE" catches some attention.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a listing to sell one Montreal ticket. Lots of nibbles, but nothing really solid came of it. As such, the ticket is still available.

Having discussed the situation with my colleague at work who bought the ticket (and can no longer attend), we decided to offer one worthy, desperate Rush fan the opportunity to attend perhaps the last ever Rush tour. Yes...that's right...we are giving this ticket away. There is one caveat though...

This is a ticket for a RUSH fan. Perhaps you know someone who wanted to go to the show but can't because they can't afford it. Perhaps you want to treat your father for Father's Day. Maybe you really wanted to go, but financial constraints have held you back.

This is a FREE hard ticket for someone who can justify to me why I should send this to them (I'll even cover the postage!). I know there is no way of guaranteeing this, so I'm pleading for honesty and integrity among the RASH fandom - please do not take this ticket and flip it. There is no profit (either financial or moral) to be made from doing something so crummy. I really want to help another fan see the Holy Triumvirate.

The seat is located in Section 222, Row A (first row on the balcony). I've been lucky over the years to have the funds necessary to see the guys play. If this is indeed the last grand tour, I'd like to "pay it forward" and let someone else share in that good fortune. You can PM me why you need/want/desire this ticket. To make sure that the ticket gets to you in time, I'd like to have a decision made by Wednesday, June 10th.

• Like 14

Just to show you that this is no joke or prank, here is the ticket. Someone please...come and get it...and experience a (potentially!) final shot at seeing Dirk, Lerxst, and Pratt in the Limelight!

http://i.imgur.com/NeS4O7Q.jpg

• Like 1

I just want to get a fellow Rush fan to a show. This may be the last time for all of us and I know by reading these posts that some simply couldn't afford to go, or can't find a ticket for a brother, sister, father, mother, child, or friend. This is an opportunity to either take advantage and experience the show of a lifetime, or provide someone you know with that same experience. As mentioned, aside from the fact that I really don't want this ticket to go a scalper hoping to turn a profit (and I understand that once the ticket is shipped I can't guarantee that won't happen), there are no hitches here. Just trying to help out our devoted community members.
  • Like 2

Really cool gesture. I've given 2 Rush tickets away for free before, but for friends.

I will be going to this same show with a co worker. We're in section 115 Row FF(row 6). I hope someone takes advantage of this offer, but for the right reasons. If it was for the Friday Toronto show, I would pay face value. I'm going to the Wednesday show. I'm also seeing them in Newark and NYC. 100 level tickets for all 4 shows and I'm going solo for all except Montreal. Will be a great 2 weeks of Rush viewing.

Really cool gesture. I've given 2 Rush tickets away for free before, but for friends.

I will be going to this same show with a co worker. We're in section 115 Row FF(row 6). I hope someone takes advantage of this offer, but for the right reasons. If it was for the Friday Toronto show, I would pay face value. I'm going to the Wednesday show. I'm also seeing them in Newark and NYC. 100 level tickets for all 4 shows and I'm going solo for all except Montreal. Will be a great 2 weeks of Rush viewing.

I'll be at both Toronto shows as well. I'm really hoping someone steps up. I know its only a solo, but I'm going to the Toronto Wednesday show solo to simply enjoy the music and atmosphere. I'm going to the Friday show with a good friend looking to experience the full on party. Two shows with two purposes. Please let me know people...who wants to see Rush for FREE in Montreal?

Hey Gang! This ticket is still available. A FREE ticket to a Rush concert! At the Bell Centre! In the Club seats! First Row! FREE! I seriously can't believe how difficult it is to give this ticket away! :wtf: Someone please "come and get it"!

Hey Gang! This ticket is still available. A FREE ticket to a Rush concert! At the Bell Centre! In the Club seats! First Row! FREE! I seriously can't believe how difficult it is to give this ticket away! :wtf: Someone please "come and get it"!

Unbelieveable.

FREE.

GRATUIT.

LIBRE.

KOSTENLOS.

GRATUITO.

フリー

免费

ਮੁਫ਼ਤ

бесплатно

Seriously...this ticket is all of the above and more. It is a chance to see Rush on someone else's dime! I don't want to throw this ticket away. I don't want to tear it up and dispose of it. I want to treat someone to the show if their lives. I don't know how many more ways I can say it.

If i had not bought a ticket for the show, i would take this offer without hesitation, and i know only one person who like Rush but is not a real Rush fan.

If i had not bought a ticket for the show, i would take this offer without hesitation, and i know only one person who like Rush but is not a real Rush fan.

If I wasn't already going to the Toronto shows, I would have drove to Montreal as well. Believe me...I mentioned it to my wife, who both knows my love for Rush, and who herself loves Montreal. We just couldn't make it work.

Don't let this happen. Please don't make me do it. It breaks my heart to even think of the act. I implore all of the "Planets of the Solar Federation" to "assume control" and find this ticket a rightful owner. This isn't a gesture anymore...its a rescue plea!

http://i.imgur.com/NHTGjUJ.jpg

Note: An actual ticket was not harmed in the tearing of this piece of paper. But it can be...unless you stop the carnage! Sincerely PETCT (People for the Ethical Treatment of Concert Tickets)

With less than a week to go before the Montreal show next weekend, I am resigned to admit defeat in GIVING this ticket away. Clearly the odds were not in my favour. To be able to get this in the mail to one lucky fan, this would have to go out today or tomorrow at the latest, so I urge everyone to think of anyone they know in the Montreal area that you could surprise with a ticket, or a friend that couldn't make it or afford it when the tickets were made available the first go-around. Anyone at this point...just let me know.

Cheers!

I wish I didn't live so far away--I'd love to go see them in Canada, but I'm already seeing Newark and NYC shows. I'm surprised no one up your way didn't jump on this already.

I'm more shocked than anyone. I get not being able to dump a ticket if I were asking too much, but this is free! The only reason I think I might not be getting bites is because there aren't alot of Montrealers on this forum...or those close enough to Montreal to take up the offer. I might have been to swing a weekend up to Montreal with my wife if I wasn't already going to both Toronto shows, but alas, that is not to be...

Ladies and Gentlemen! We have a taker! After weeks of posting and reposting (aka begging...but only marginally!), I have finally found someone to take my ticket in Montreal. And I couldn't be more happy knowing that the ticket is going to someone who couldn't afford to go originally. There have been a lot of views here and some genuinely wonderful comments and I thank you all for that...so it is with this message that I bid adieu to this thread. To the person who is going to the show with this ticket - Have a great time!
  • Like 3

Great! It's always a pleasure when something like this works out. I once gave away a Soundgarden ticket the same way to a fan who was on their fan club forum and couldn't afford to buy a ticket. He came from Long Island out to Newark for the show and stood in the rain with me on the VIP line--they were fan club presale tickets with a wristband to be let inside 30 min earlier than everyone else, so we could get spots up front (general admission floor for that show). Not only did I do the guy a solid, but the band was especially brilliant that night.
  • Like 1