Alternating Setlists? Are they doing A/B again? (NO SPOILERS)

paul2112

Wondering if anybody knows if they are alternating setlists using the A/B format or are they doing something else? I ask because I would like to go to Philly and NYC but with a show in NJ in between I don't wanna go to NYC and see the same set as Philly! Anybody know?

I wonder if the two toronto shows will screw up the order in any way, or if they will just alternate as planned.

This makes me wonder if they will film a third show for the set this will not get. (I think it would be missing the A set?)

I'm guessing that they will film the last show in Los Angeles. Maybe not for the DVD proper, but as a bonus "Live in LA" disc or for a future DVD release.

If there's even the slightest chance that LA is the last show ever...then it's a safe bet it will be filmed for the archive footage and a future documentary.

• Like 2

to be honest with you A and C are very close to being the same. I kinda see the tour has two set lists in my opinion. As for filming purposes I think if they wanted they could easily add whats missing from Set A to the toronto shows I doubt it would make them that exhaustive to play it. On top of it its a staple song so its not like it hasn't been documented well on plenty of live releases. That is not a spoiler but the question was asked so figured Id bring it up. Edited by mrfriendly

to be honest with you A and C are very close to being the same. I kinda see the tour has two set lists in my opinion. As for filming purposes I think if they wanted they could easily add whats missing from Set A to the toronto shows I doubt it would make them that exhaustive to play it. On top of it its a staple song so its not like it hasn't been documented well on plenty of live releases. That is not a spoiler but the question was asked so figured Id bring it up.

You may want to revisit the set C songs....

There are two absolutely huge differences from the A and B sets.

Making the C not close at all to the others.

I'm guessing that they will film the last show in Los Angeles. Maybe not for the DVD proper, but as a bonus "Live in LA" disc or for a future DVD release.

If there's even the slightest chance that LA is the last show ever...then it's a safe bet it will be filmed for the archive footage and a future documentary.

I'm guessing it's 4 or 5 different songs from night A to night B. This is a good reason for me to get an Irvine ticket.

The other thing is that maybe for Toronto, they'll just add in whatever for the two nights...it's not like they have a strict program that they need to adhere to on any given night... If they want to split the "A" show anomalies with the other two sets it's their prerogative.... (as well as the odd song that has been popping up during sound checks)

I'm going to the Columbus show so it should be interesting to see if they actually start back on setlist A or add something new.

to be honest with you A and C are very close to being the same. I kinda see the tour has two set lists in my opinion. As for filming purposes I think if they wanted they could easily add whats missing from Set A to the toronto shows I doubt it would make them that exhaustive to play it. On top of it its a staple song so its not like it hasn't been documented well on plenty of live releases. That is not a spoiler but the question was asked so figured Id bring it up.

The first set for A/C are identical and the 2nd set has a couple minor changes in my opinion therefore i don't consider them that different. B is quite different from both several changes are there in both sets.

The first set for A/C are identical and the 2nd set has a couple minor changes in my opinion therefore i don't consider them that different. B is quite different from both several changes are there in both sets.

I respectfully disagree....While there are distinct changes between the A and B sets......the couple changes between Set A and Set C are far from minor. With Set C you get a Major alternating song change and a Major additional song. Even one song change between sets would be a Major deal for some. In a recent poll, Set C was chosen far and away the most desirable because of the Major changes in it. Of course it's all a personal opinion...but to suggest that Set A and Set C are "almost the same" and that " the tour has two sets.... " is not gonna fly with the highly catalog knowledgeable Rush fans. Go to the Spoiler Set List Thread and suggest that the two Set C song changes are minor .....and see what happens.

Edited by WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

I have heard the second leg will change it up a bit. The sets will be rotated A B A C A B.
  • Like 1

Do they rehearse again at all when coming back from a week long break or is that not long enough to worry about getting rusty?

Other than doing the sound check I doubt they'd do much, unless they're putting new songs in for this round.

I'm kind of curious about their breaks too for everyone including crew. One week or so is not really much time to go and fly to where they live and get a proper break. I am assuming they would have arrived in Columbus yesterday at the latest. What do the crew do? Are they allowed to have a break and where is all the equipment and stuff left at for over a week?

As far as being rusty I think Bristow show proved mistakes can happen anytime even when your in the swing of a tour. I think with all the rehearsing and first couple weeks of playing shows they wouldn't really need to rehearse more. One week isn't really enough to get rusty.

I do find it interesting that with them being off for a week things feel boring even though we don't attend every show in person its like somethings lacking when Rush isn't playing live somewhere.

I'm kind of curious about their breaks too for everyone including crew. One week or so is not really much time to go and fly to where they live and get a proper break. I am assuming they would have arrived in Columbus yesterday at the latest. What do the crew do? Are they allowed to have a break and where is all the equipment and stuff left at for over a week?

As far as being rusty I think Bristow show proved mistakes can happen anytime even when your in the swing of a tour. I think with all the rehearsing and first couple weeks of playing shows they wouldn't really need to rehearse more. One week isn't really enough to get rusty.

I do find it interesting that with them being off for a week things feel boring even though we don't attend every show in person its like somethings lacking when Rush isn't playing live somewhere.

Mr f, if you have been on periscope, isn't it awesome? To live the shows nite in nite out is amazing. The week off was much needed, it was an insane amount of Live Rush!

Now in 54 days, that may be a little boring. Imagine a world with no Live Rush, ugh!