Meet & Greet Advice, R40 , Phoenix

GotRush

Years & years ago I walk up to a guy taking pictures of my car, my "Rush" car.

He turned out to be Billy, Fender guitars artist relations manager.

He goes on to explain his close relationship with rush & especially Geddy.

Short story is, we stayed in contact & he just informed me he acquired "Meet & Greet" passes for me +1.

Just wanted to see if any previous people have done this & how the procedure works exactly.

• Like, can I bring something to be signed ?
  • Does the meet happen before sound check, or before concert ?
  • How long do you get talk to them ?
  • Does the pass allow all access ?

Any advice to make this opportunity the best possible would be great !

TIA

• Like 1

"This moment may be brief, but it can be so bright." ; )

I've found, that in my experience, it goes in a flash. You shake their hands, chat for a few seconds... or, maybe if you're closer to the end of the line (so they aren't as in a hurry to get to other meet and greet winners), you might get a bit longer... I've met them three times and never have I seen them sign anything. I don't think you're allowed to bring anything. It took me until my third time to actually form sentences, so prepare what you're going to say in advance, LOL. My best advice is just to go prepared and say something that'll make them wanna engage a bit longer than 0.5 seconds for a picture.

Have fun and congrats!

EDITED TO SAY: It happens after the sound check, about... thirty minutes prior to the start of the show? Or about that.

Edited by The_Enemy_Within

......excuse me I'd like like some bread please....

No Soup for You!

It's kind of like this.

Nothing to sign, move along, get in line, keep moving along, photo snap, exit quickly.

Don't stop to chat, don't ask questions, keep moving at all times, do NOT ask them to sign ANYTHING. This is what the director of the meet and greet says to you when you are lining up to be brought in.

All that being said, it was beyond wonderful to tell them thanks for everything and have a great show. I would have loved to say in a loud voice, "Oh this is bullshit man, I thought I was gonna meet the drummer guy back here!" but I don't think anyone would have laughed but Alex and Geddy. I didn't want to take a chance...

Alex Lifeson IS the reason I play guitar to this day. I met my hero and the guy that "taught" me to play guitar and that is something I will treasure until the day I die...

Edited by vital signz
  • Like 2

Excellent Advice so far.......

I heard you get a "care" Package & included is a StarMan flashlight !

Getting Alex to chuckle with out it backfiring would be difficult

Might just be..... "Great to meet you & thanks for the memories"

Geddy, if they haven't played that song they have be Sound Checking, but not playing yet

I'm gonna say to Geddy....." so your gonna play ******* tonight, right "

Meet and greet passes are usually specifically for that and no other access backstage at all.

So does the Meet & Greet grant you access to the venue, or do you still need a ticket with seat number ?

I have my tickets already, In fact they are "corporate luxury suite" comped passes too,

but if I could just use the M/G as a standing room only type entry I would give those VIP/suite tickets to a close friend

So excited I am ! :dweez:

Excellent Advice so far.......

I heard you get a "care" Package & included is a StarMan flashlight !

Getting Alex to chuckle with out it backfiring would be difficult

Might just be..... "Great to meet you & thanks for the memories"

Geddy, if they haven't played that song they have be Sound Checking, but not playing yet

I'm gonna say to Geddy....." so your gonna play ******* tonight, right "

Meet and greet passes are usually specifically for that and no other access backstage at all.

So does the Meet & Greet grant you access to the venue, or do you still need a ticket with seat number ?

I have my tickets already, In fact they are "corporate luxury suite" comped passes too,

but if I could just use the M/G as a standing room only type entry I would give those VIP/suite tickets to a close friend

So excited I am ! :dweez:

No wonder you're excited, that is awesome!! You might want to check with your Fender guy but the M & G passes are usually just that, you still have to have a ticket to get in. Rush.com has been running a contest for meet and greet passes and they make that really clear for those ones they are giving away. I have won similar passes for other bands in the past and they didn't include a ticket, you still needed one to get in and then when you go in and say you are there for the meet and greet they direct you where to go. But you seem to have the golden touch for comped stuff :) maybe ask your Fender guy and you will find he included tickets :) :) :)

I just did one in Atlanta and I had big ideas about what I was going to say, but when the line was just blasting along and everyone was just saying "hi" and taking a quick pic, my urge to get whatever in sort of faded. It was a bit of a blur, but it turned out perfectly, particularly because Al was as warm as could be. My advice would be that even the simplest of exchanges can be surprisingly satisfying.

Hold out your hand to Alex like you're gonna shake his, then pull it back and say "Oh my god, is that Geddy???" while turning towards him. (BTLS reference). ;) Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

We have won the VIP thing and Meet and greet.

Meet/Greet instructions say MORE THAN ONCE

No Autographs so DO NOT bring anything to sign.

I guess we should have read into that because as soon as we

Got back in front of the boys, Michael M asked " did anybody bring any gifts OR Gift Bags for Geddy or Alex??"

1 or 2 couples said yes and they went to the end of the line.

That might get you another second or two?

It's all over in seconds. Almost takes 2 to 3 times. Ha

So take that and all the good advice so for and have a wonderful night.