CA Album Battle 1: Clockwork Angels vs. Rush

Segue Myles

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better?

Right, I see how popular CA is, and it got me wondering: how popular is it when stacked against each album?

Let's have fun with this, those pro-CA and the naysayers alike!

Based on these two, my vote goes to CA.

• Like 4

So far...5 votes in favour of CA.

So what is it that makes CA superior?

For me, it is the personality of the record: I enjoy the debut, but CA feels more like Rush.

The debut does have Lerxt in its favour: he was on fire!

Easy one but I love great raw guitar and bass work. Some of the best solos and tone to date on this recording. Just my old @ss opinion... :codger:
  • Like 4

So far...5 votes in favour of CA.

So what is it that makes CA superior?

For me, it is the personality of the record: I enjoy the debut, but CA feels more like Rush.

The debut does have Lerxt in its favour: he was on fire!

Alex may have been on fire, but he still hadn't come into his own.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah...I love the debut album, but it does not compare to the career-affirming renaissance that Clockwork Angels is.

• Like 5

Up against the debut, I would vote for CA too. :)

Agreed

Oh, yeah...I love the debut album, but it does not compare to the career-affirming renaissance that Clockwork Angels is.

For me, the renaissance began with VT, but to each his own!

CA may get a little flack from me, but these polls may give me a little more context...

I really enjoy the debut, but it is so derivative and simple that it's tough to compare to any of Rush's work other than the synth era

For me, the renaissance began with VT, but to each his own!

Indeed...as I can't listen to Vapor Trails any more than three songs at a stretch before I have to put on something else.

But I know you enjoy it enough for both of us! :cheers:

• Like 1

I really enjoy the debut, but it is so derivative and simple that it's tough to compare to any of Rush's work other than the synth era

The synth era? Are you saying that because you consider it an outlier as compared to their other works?... :)

From what I have witnessed in the past I would guess CA will wipe up the Debut. No great revelation there. The Debut is disliked a bunch around here...

The synth era? Are you saying that because you consider it an outlier as compared to their other works?... :)

Yes, but the synths are also simple and derivative like the debut.

From what I have witnessed in the past I would guess CA will wipe up the Debut. No great revelation there. The Debut is disliked a bunch around here...

I don't dislike the debut at all; I love it. But I don't think it compares. I don't want to call the comparison unfair, per se, but I think it kind of is.

Where is your co-ambassador for the debut album? I'd be interested to know what he thinks, too.

Got it. Guess I like simple and derivative. Learn something every day... :)

I don't dislike the debut at all; I love it. But I don't think it compares. I don't want to call the comparison unfair, per se, but I think it kind of is.

Where is your co-ambassador for the debut album? I'd be interested to know what he thinks, too.

He may actually have "things to do" as I don't. I would imagine he will find this eventually and possibly chime in... :cheers:

I can like simple and derivative myself. But Rush's music isn't often both of those things (no more than most modern music is derivative, anyway) so it's hard for me to compare the debut with the other albums.

I can like simple and derivative myself. But Rush's music isn't often both of those things (no more than most modern music is derivative, anyway) so it's hard for me to compare the debut with the other albums.

I just enjoy its simplicity, vibe and great solos much more than the overproduction with 3 or 4 good songs and two excellent ones. Just what my ears and taste dictate to me anyway. I couldn't trade Working Man, Finding My Way, Here Again, What You're Doing and Before And After and the other songs are pleasant enough for CA. Just couldn't do it... :codger: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

CA Should be considered a criminal offense against good taste.

Mick

Boooo!! :boo hiss:

(Ah, I loves ya anyway, Mick!)

• Like 2

I just enjoy its simplicity, vibe and great solos much more than the overproduction with 3 or 4 good songs and two excellent ones. Just what my ears and taste dictate to me anyway. I couldn't trade Working Man, Finding My Way, Here Again, What You're Doing and Before And After and the other songs are pleasant enough for CA. Just couldn't do it... :codger:

You are swaying me...

Good lord. One of Rush's finest against an album that has near zero identity.

I'd even listen to Presto before I listen to the debut. At least Presto sounds like Rush, albeit bad Rush.

• Like 2

Mick

Love ya too bud.......but is anybody really shocked by my view of CA 3 years in? :P

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Love ya too bud.......but is anybody really shocked by my view of CA 3 years in? :P

Mick

I am thinking...if a gun was put to my head...I might have to say no

• Like 2