Clockwork Angels

Na na na

In so many ways I agree.

I may not enjoy it as much as other albums, but personal taste aside, its classic status is deserved.

Couldn't disagree more. It was worth recording but I wish they would have recorded it better is all. Nothing epic about it in my view besides The Garden and Halo Effect. If it were produced in a more less is more way 3 or 4 other songs could be considered very good to excellent. Nothing on it makes me want to forget anything pre 81' 84'... :codger: Edited by Narps
  • Like 3

I'm digging a lot of the material on it. I never really sat down and gave it "the listen" but hearing it again, I really like some of the material on it especially The Wreckers and the title track.

Couldn't disagree more. It was worth recording but I wish they would have recorded it better is all. Nothing epic about it in my view besides The Garden and Halo Effect. If it were produced in a more less is more way 3 or 4 songs other songs could be considered very good to excellent. Nothing on it makes me want to forget anything pre 81' 84'... :codger:

and it's to much work trying to sift through all 8 thousand layers also.

Mick

• Like 1

don't get me started, lol

Mick

http://media.giphy.com/media/zLrMT1J1RuJ9u/giphy.gif
  • Like 3

Couldn't disagree more. It was worth recording but I wish they would have recorded it better is all. Nothing epic about it in my view besides The Garden and Halo Effect. If it were produced in a more less is more way 3 or 4 songs other songs could be considered very good to excellent. Nothing on it makes me want to forget anything pre 81' 84'... :codger:

and it's to much work trying to sift through all 8 thousand layers also.

Mick

Yep. My point but I thought it was 9 thousand. Oh well... ;)
  • Like 1

Mick

I loved it passionately for a long while. Based on that, and the fact it cemented my interest in the band, means I regard it as a late career classic (but otherwise, compared to the best they did, fairly middle of the road).

• Like 1

I'm digging a lot of the material on it. I never really sat down and gave it "the listen" but hearing it again, I really like some of the material on it especially The Wreckers and the title track.

I consider The Wreckers one of the real stinkaroos. That and Wish Them Well. P.U. Just my opinion of course. Enjoy... Edited by Narps
  • Like 5

Mick

Mick pushes buttons...and it is fun to watch.

• Like 1

If anybody really wants my honest thoughts......sigh......you haven't been here long, lol

Mick

"I will stoke the fires yiddel yaddle lay he who"

• Like 1

I consider The Wreckers one of the real stinkaroos. That and Wish Them Well. P.U. Just my opinion of course. Enjoy...

Narps Narps. it's..........WIIIIIISH THEEEEM WELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put your yodel into it!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

My point was the opposite. Mention CA, the art of yodeling, Vapor Trails and any live DVD made this decade and the buttons are being pushed and I do this usually... :popcorn: :d13: and enjoy the show. My bud TM will be along to show us the error of our ways shortly or at some point in time... :)
  • Like 1

Mick

My point was the opposite. Mention CA, the art of yodeling, Vapor Trails and any live DVD made this decade and the buttons are being pushed and I do this usually... :popcorn: :d13: and enjoy the show. My bud TM will be along to show us the error of our ways shortly or at some point in time... :)

Shall I get the bread ready, just in case?

Best album since power windows. At least 4 or 5 classic tracks on there.

I have come to find out that I think HYF is better and Presto is its equal at least. A year ago I would have agreed with your statement however even given my dislike of its production...
  • Like 1

I consider The Wreckers one of the real stinkaroos. That and Wish Them Well. P.U. Just my opinion of course. Enjoy...

No worries. The Garden is the one I had hopes for after the nice intro. Didn't do it for me. It did make a nice Record Store Day item though. Edited by anthem74

Best album since power windows. At least 4 or 5 classic tracks on there.

I have come to find out that I think HYF is better and Presto is its equal at least. A year ago I would have agreed with your statement however even given my dislike of its production...

HYF, Presto and Vapor Trails for me...

i have this on now no joke...........and i wish this album was a joke.

like....haha got ya guys.......the real albums coming soon.

Sadly nearly 3 years and i think they were serious.

Mick

• Like 1

No worries. The Garden is the one I had hopes for after the nice intro. Didn't do it for me. It did make a nice Record Store Day item though.

The Garden is really mostly for the older folks who have a habit of reflecting on what in the heck they have done during their lives that is meaningful. Not sure if you are in the geriatric club yet... :codger:
  • Like 1

I love Rush more then anyone here... but even I must say that this is not their best album... Snakes & Arrows was a MUCH better album!

It is a few good songs on it, such as BU2B2 and The Garden. Rest is kinda boring...

• Like 2

I love Rush more then anyone here... but even I must say that this is not their best album... Snakes & Arrows was a MUCH better album!

It is a few good songs on it, such as BU2B2 and The Garden. Rest is kinda boring...

Zumbi, I love it when you get constructive! I prefer CA to SA, but like we discussed the other day, I need to revisit that again.

• Like 1

Zumbi, I love it when you get constructive! I prefer CA to SA, but like we discussed the other day, I need to revisit that again.

yes you do. By far a better record.

Mick

• Like 2