Jump to content


Misheard RUSH lyrics


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Alright...this can be a fun thread...

When I was a kid, I thought the intro to "Working Man" went:

"Lock it up, 78 and I go to work at 9"

No wonder I had no clue WTH Geddy was talking about! :doh:


(I have a few more but I'll wait and make sure others play along first. ;) )

Sponsored Post

#2 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 10484 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock/Grunge, Metal, Classic Video Games, Playing Bass Guitar

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

Lemony cake!

#3 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

Ok I'll PLay...

boy before the mirror
checks his camoflauge
Father shares his honor
and the Charger in the Garage= Thought
Polishes his armor
and the charger in the Garage= Actual

War Paint
Presto

#4 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

 Super25Smasher, on 29 May 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Lemony cake!
Hmm this is the 2nd time I have seen this response today :ph34r:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 29 May 2015 - 06:53 PM.


#5 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

 Super25Smasher, on 29 May 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Lemony cake!

That seems to be a popular one. :lol:

Ok, here's another one:

From "Force Ten":

Tough times demand tough talk.

What was I hearing?

Sometimes the man's all talk.

#6 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1435 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

I have misheard lyrics in Working Man, too.

I used to hear:

I got no time for idiots,
I'm workin' all the time.

Original:

I got no time for livin', yes,
I'm workin' all the time.

:P :blush:

#7 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

 Lady Guinevere, on 29 May 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

I have misheard lyrics in Working Man, too.

I used to hear:

I got no time for idiots,
I'm workin' all the time.

Original:

I got no time for livin', yes,
I'm workin' all the time.

:P :blush:

I got no time for idiots....I like that one. :lol:

#8 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

Oh and of course, "Fly By Night:...

Chickens are coming and I just can't pretend.

#9 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24290 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

Ooooh there's no bread, lemony cake!

#10 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24290 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Oh and of course, "Fly By Night:...

Chickens are coming and I just can't pretend.

My chickens are comin', and I just can't pretend.

#11 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

I managed this one as well when I was a kid...."Subdivisions"

But the southerners have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of you.

(I think I had a pretty active imagination back then. :lol:)

#12 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

Hold your servant proudly and your hired hand= thought
Hold the red star proudly high in hand= Actual
2112;
II. Temples of Syrinx
Boy did I miss that one :smoke:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 29 May 2015 - 07:32 PM.


#13 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

I managed this one as well when I was a kid...."Subdivisions"

But the southerners have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of you.

(I think I had a pretty active imagination back then. :lol:)
where you mixing it with Niel youngs "Southernman" :P

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 29 May 2015 - 07:31 PM.


#14 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

 Crimsonmistymemory, on 29 May 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

I managed this one as well when I was a kid...."Subdivisions"

But the southerners have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of you.

(I think I had a pretty active imagination back then. :lol:)
where you mixing it with Niel youngs "Southernman" :P

No, not at all. I used to hear the phrase "southern charm" so my mind went straight there. :lol:

#15 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:58 PM

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

 Crimsonmistymemory, on 29 May 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

I managed this one as well when I was a kid...."Subdivisions"

But the southerners have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of you.

(I think I had a pretty active imagination back then. :lol:)
where you mixing it with Niel youngs "Southernman" :P

No, not at all. I used to hear the phrase "southern charm" so my mind went straight there. :lol:
Ahh I see where that makes sense :unsure:  Just Kidden  :cheers:
The only one on Subdivisions I flubbed was a little one I really connected to that song right from the 1st release

Somewhere out of a memory
Unlighted streets on quiet nights... as opposed to the actual,

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights...

#16 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

 Crimsonmistymemory, on 29 May 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

 Crimsonmistymemory, on 29 May 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

I managed this one as well when I was a kid...."Subdivisions"

But the southerners have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of you.

(I think I had a pretty active imagination back then. :lol:)
where you mixing it with Niel youngs "Southernman" :P

No, not at all. I used to hear the phrase "southern charm" so my mind went straight there. :lol:
Ahh I see where that makes sense :unsure:  Just Kidden  :cheers:
The only one on Subdivisions I flubbed was a little one I really connected to that song right from the 1st release

Somewhere out of a memory
Unlighted streets on quiet nights... as opposed to the actual,

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights...

That sounds a little like what I was hearing on "Dreamline"...when he says "we're only immortal for a limited time", I thought he was saying, "we're only a mortal for a limited time."

Hey, I was close! :P

#17 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

There's already a few threads like this. They seem to pop up every couple years :huh:

#18 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17148 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

There's already a few threads like this. They seem to pop up every couple years :huh:
Well the Universe is Cyclic by nature :codger:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 29 May 2015 - 08:23 PM.


#19 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

 J2112YYZ, on 29 May 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

There's already a few threads like this. They seem to pop up every couple years :huh:

I did a search and didn't see one come up,  otherwise I would have just bumped the thread.

#20 satchmothesnowdog

satchmothesnowdog

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Thirdspace

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, on 29 May 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

 Xanadu, on 29 May 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Oh and of course, "Fly By Night:...

Chickens are coming and I just can't pretend.

My chickens are comin', and I just can't pretend.

Mmmmmm, chicken Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users