RUSH banners at concerts

Xanadu

Hey all,

I really want to get a cool :rush: banner made for the concert.I found a great pic I want to use of the guys but translating a pic to something much larger, like a banner, has been a challenge. Always comes out blurry when you try to blow up the image to a much larger size. Someone suggested converting it to a vector file, but that just made the pic look cartoonish and faces still fuzzy.

Just wondering if any of you had success with this. I know faces are tougher than just text, that's for sure.

Unless you start with a very high-resolution photo it will never look great when blown up. However, the further you are from the blown-up photo, the better it will look.

Might I suggest a banner with a slogan instead? I would guess that the band would get a kick out of a good slogan. I know I do :)

• Like 1

Am I the only one that think that these banners are annoying at concerts? Think about those people that stand behind you! They won´t see anything if you stand there with a big banner!
  • Like 2

I just reread my original post and I said "for the concert" so I can understand why people would interpret that in a certain way but I need to clarify. It's not for the actual concert itself but for a pre-show gathering where fans were to sign it and see if we could get it to the band as a polite "thank you" gesture/gift.

No intention of holding it up at the concert.

• Like 2

I just reread my original post and I said "for the concert" so I can understand why people would interpret that in a certain way but I need to clarify. It's not for the actual concert itself but for a pre-show gathering where fans were to sign it and see if we could get it to the band as a polite "thank you" gesture/gift.

Why not? In fact, a guy in tampa did that with a shirt and put it on Twitter and rushisaband retweeted it. It was signed by our very own godeater2112

Why not? In fact, a guy in tampa did that with a shirt and put it on Twitter and rushisaband retweeted it. It was signed by our very own godeater2112

Well, I think a shirt is not so bad, but banners are generally pretty large and cut off a lot of peoples' view. I don't want people throwing shit at me. :LOL:

I made a brains banner for the Hemispheres tour. It got ripped to shreds by people throwing stuff at it, so if you make one, make it out of cloth! Edited by RUSHian62

Well, I think a shirt is not so bad, but banners are generally pretty large and cut off a lot of peoples' view. I don't want people throwing shit at me. :LOL:

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/1Chuckle.gif

and count on it

• Like 1

Hey all,

I really want to get a cool :rush: banner made for the concert.I found a great pic I want to use of the guys but translating a pic to something much larger, like a banner, has been a challenge. Always comes out blurry when you try to blow up the image to a much larger size. Someone suggested converting it to a vector file, but that just made the pic look cartoonish and faces still fuzzy.

Just wondering if any of you had success with this. I know faces are tougher than just text, that's for sure.

I asked my daughter for you, she is a graphic artist. She said unfortunately there is not a way to keep the original resolution of a photo as it gets enlarged, it always gets blurry :( She did say vector files can be enlarged to any size but that converts a photo into lines and removes shading and so that does give a cartoony look. (She said put the photo into Illustrator and use Image Trace if you want to try it again though!) An awesome slogan sounds like a good way to go I guess! (I'm still jealous of the woman on the CA tour who made a "Take your daughter To RUSH day" banner for the pre show and got she and her daughter into the meet and greet :P )

Am I the only one that think that these banners are annoying at concerts? Think about those people that stand behind you! They won´t see anything if you stand there with a big banner!

I guess banners would be cool to hang over the rails on one of the higher levels, but if you're holding up a sign it's rude. banners are probably better because people usually don't hold them above their heads.

Hey all,

I asked my daughter for you, she is a graphic artist. She said unfortunately there is not a way to keep the original resolution of a photo as it gets enlarged, it always gets blurry :( She did say vector files can be enlarged to any size but that converts a photo into lines and removes shading and so that does give a cartoony look. (She said put the photo into Illustrator and use Image Trace if you want to try it again though!) An awesome slogan sounds like a good way to go I guess! (I'm still jealous of the woman on the CA tour who made a "Take your daughter To RUSH day" banner for the pre show and got she and her daughter into the meet and greet :P )

Thanks. In all likelihood, I will probably end up just forgetting all about it. It was a nice thought for a while anyway. :)

• Like 1