• Members
  • 10872 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:01 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 29 June 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 29 June 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 29 June 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 28 June 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

I went to a church picnic today and they were discussing beers.   They said German beers are the best.  The other beers have too many impurities and additives in them.  They said Germany has strict regulations when it comes to beer-making.

Of course, I wouldn't know if this is all true or not, but thought to pass along the info to you.

what were they drinking at the picnic?

German beer is good but i say the us of a is just as good . as is canada, anywhere with good water can make great beer.
Tangy, I dare you to do the hi_water type of poll on beers. There is no way anybody, in their right minds, would pick Miller over Beck's or Coors over Heineken.

thats  correct

the best craft beer from the us is on par with the best craft beer from germany.

becks and heineken were great but nothing special in this day and age. so many more choices. not bad but no longer top shelf IMO
Bottom line, Europe slays North America, when it comes to beer...and soccer. ;)

i will give you soccer without a debate. at this point if you have good water and the money to buy the best ingredients you can brew kick ass beer anywhere.

i say further research would be be prudent before declaring a winner.........

http://www.worldbeer...-winners-lists/

Sponsored Post

#362 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26101 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:50 PM

View Posttangy, on 02 July 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

I went to a church picnic today and they were discussing beers.   They said German beers are the best.  The other beers have too many impurities and additives in them.  They said Germany has strict regulations when it comes to beer-making.

Of course, I wouldn't know if this is all true or not, but thought to pass along the info to you.

German beer is good but i say the us of a is just as good . as is canada, anywhere with good water can make great beer.
Tangy, I dare you to do the hi_water type of poll on beers. There is no way anybody, in their right minds, would pick Miller over Beck's or Coors over Heineken.

thats  correct

the best craft beer from the us is on par with the best craft beer from germany.

becks and heineken were great but nothing special in this day and age. so many more choices. not bad but no longer top shelf IMO

i will give you soccer without a debate. at this point if you have good water and the money to buy the best ingredients you can brew kick ass beer anywhere.

This reminds me of the Oscars, where the judges usually look as far as the bridge of their noses. A lot of these categories involve only American beers. I'm waiting for the playoffs against Europe. But then there's that bridge of the nose again...

#363 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 10872 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:38 AM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 02 July 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

thats  correct

This reminds me of the Oscars, where the judges usually look as far as the bridge of their noses. A lot of these categories involve only American beers. I'm waiting for the playoffs against Europe. But then there's that bridge of the nose again...

dig deeper...... look at the stats they provide.

#364 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 74342 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:55 PM

zepphead, on 30 June 2020 - 06:14 AM, said:

I bought this today in Asda --

Posted Image

Warsteiner Pilsner ... Donno what it's like but it was cheap!!
I like Warsteiner just fine.  Their dunkel has a bit more going on.

#365 zepphead

zepphead

The Seeker

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:42 AM

View Postgoose, on 03 July 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

View Postzepphead, on 30 June 2020 - 06:14 AM, said:

I bought this today in Asda --

Posted Image

Warsteiner Pilsner ... Donno what it's like but it was cheap!!
I like Warsteiner just fine.  Their dunkel has a bit more going on.
I shall give my verdict later today! :hail:

#366 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2342 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:51 AM

Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve!
Hefeweizen, Belgian White from Blue Moon, etc.

Lagers over others, generally.

I do like Negra Modelo . . .

#367 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26101 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

View Posttangy, on 03 July 2020 - 05:38 AM, said:

thats  correct

I'm only interested in a category "best beer in the World (period)" I don't care about a competition between New York and Connecticut. That's like looking at stats involving Faroe Islands soccer.

#368 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 10872 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 04 July 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

thats  correct

I'm only interested in a category "best beer in the World (period)" I don't care about a competition between New York and Connecticut. That's like looking at stats involving Faroe Islands soccer.

like i said above, on par with. not saying one is superior but dependent on your tastes the best beer can be made anywhere. the stats i referenced were the countries involved, percentage of wins and also where the judges were from.

best beer in the world is impossible to determine. try beer advocate if you want to see how they rate them. My fave beers are from the US of A but i will take beers from england and ireland over german beers. I will usually take german beers over mexican beers though.

with that i tip a glass to the influence the old school germans had on the beer in the US of A...............

#369 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26101 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:30 PM

View Posttangy, on 04 July 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

thats  correct

like i said above, on par with. not saying one is superior but dependent on your tastes the best beer can be made anywhere. the stats i referenced were the countries involved, percentage of wins and also where the judges were from.

best beer in the world is impossible to determine. try beer advocate if you want to see how they rate them. My fave beers are from the US of A but i will take beers from england and ireland over german beers. I will usually take german beers over mexican beers though.

with that i tip a glass to the influence the old school germans had on the beer in the US of A...............
All right, we just have different tastes in beer. As long as you're happy with your decisions, more power to you. :cheers:

#370 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 10872 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:10 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 04 July 2020 - 05:30 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 04 July 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

thats  correct

All right, we just have different tastes in beer. As long as you're happy with your decisions, more power to you. :cheers:

:cheers:  to you as well. Hope you have a great 4th.  PBR me ASAP

#371 zepphead

zepphead

The Seeker

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:44 AM

The Warsteiner turned out to be fairly decent.

#372 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 26101 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:14 AM

View Postzepphead, on 06 July 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

The Warsteiner turned out to be fairly decent.
:7up:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users