FIFA Scandal: Official Arrested!

goose

I'd be interested to hear from our European friends regarding the scandal. Personally, I'm not so shocked by the bribes as much as the investigation and authorities actually taking action.
  • Like 2

Seems like they could have done this any time in the last decade or two

I three...or four. Why the crackdown now? I'm thinking that the Qatar situation is taking it all too far.
  • Like 1

I think two Brazilians are among those who were arrested yesterday. I hope this really goes further and we start to scale down the FIFA abuse a little bit.

I even heard they are under investigation for putting improperly inflated balls into play

• Like 1

No wonder. Too much money involved.

Someone got arrested and someone else of the same kind will take the place.

"Meet the new boss..."

No wonder. Too much money involved.

Someone got arrested and someone else of the same kind will take the place.

"Meet the new boss..."

No way man... this time is gonna be different. They're onto them now, man!

I three...or four. Why the crackdown now? I'm thinking that the Qatar situation is taking it all too far.

Because it took them this long to get the "smoking gun". When you are the United States, powerful but not a respected soccer/football/futbol power, you have to make sure you have your ducks in a row. This is quite literally an international incident and, yes, armed conflicts have occurred over international soccer.

A couple of years ago, the fed quietly shook down an American high ranking FIFA type named Chuck Blazer. They basically told him "help us prove this or go to jail". He chose the former. For the past couple of years, he has been recording conversations with other FIFA officials. This is how it finally happened.

I wonder if the IOC is paying attention. Those bastards are just as corrupt. In fact, some of the most damning recorded conversations occurred during the London Olympics.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

Because it took them this long to get the "smoking gun". When you are the United States, powerful but not a respected soccer/football/futbol power, you have to make sure you have your ducks in a row. This is quite literally an international incident and, yes, armed conflicts have occurred over international soccer.

A couple of years ago, the fed quietly shook down an American high ranking FIFA type named Chuck Blazer. They basically told him "help us prove this or go to jail". He chose the former. For the past couple of years, he has been recording conversations with other FIFA officials. This is how it finally happened.

I wonder if the IOC is paying attention. Those bastards are just as corrupt. In fact, some of the most damning recorded conversations occurred during the London Olympics.

I'm glad someone mentioned the IOC in a discussion on corruption. That's the first thing I thought of. If I was asked to rank FIFA, the IOC, and the people that run F1 in order of least to most corrupt, I couldn't do it.

• Like 1

I'm glad someone mentioned the IOC in a discussion on corruption. That's the first thing I thought of. If I was asked to rank FIFA, the IOC, and the people that run F1 in order of least to most corrupt, I couldn't do it.

Where would you put the Patriots in that list? :D

FIFA :LOL:

Sometimes the satire writes itself.

Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner amped up his criticism of the United States after reading an article from the satirical website The Onion.

In an eight-minute Facebook video, Warner holds up a printout with The Onion headline: “FIFA Frantically Announces 2015 Summer World Cup In United States.”

Warner asks “if FIFA is so bad why is it the U.S. wants … the World Cup?”

He follows by pointing out FIFA Is “the very same organization they (the U.S.) are accusing of being corrupt. That has to be double standards.”

The fake story was published by The Onion just hours after Warner was indicted.

Warner asks why the story was “two days before the FIFA election” when Sepp Blatter was re-elected as president.

Here is the full video from Warner:

(Update: Warner appears to have taken down the video from his Facebook page)

Sometimes you just can’t make these things up.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/120364504157/recently-indicted-ex-fifa-vp-jack-warner?adbsc=social_20150531_46735896&adbid=10153073431667946&adbpl=fb&adbpr=81286652945

• Like 1

This whole fiasco will get worse before its gets better....more checks and balances are needed to rid FIFA from further corruption.

Peace