Am I the first or only person who has done this? Searching for Goatnut, Tennessee...

Blue J

I have looked and looked, but I have never found Goatnut- on a map, in an atlas, nothing. So I decided to hit up Google Maps (I try to never use Google at all, actually, but the maps site is very useful)...and when I entered Goatnut, Tennessee, what it finds and leads me to is a restaurant in Bar Harbor, Maine- called Geddy's.

:o :o

Not only that...but if you also go to Geddy's wbsite, you'll find in part of their logo, on the top left corner of the screen, it says, "Geddy's- since 1974".

:o :o :o :o :o

Who knew??

Our beloved editor-in-chief at the Yukon Blade Grinder continues to amaze.

• Like 7

I did a Google search once...all the that came up was YBG articles on TRF
  • Like 2

Goatnut, a world wonder that the masses try to keep hidden, lest its novelties such as animal scat and the Yukon Blade Grinder be tainted by the outside world.
  • Like 1

I have looked and looked, but I have never found Goatnut- on a map, in an atlas, nothing. So I decided to hit up Google Maps (I try to never use Google at all, actually, but the maps site is very useful)...and when I entered Goatnut, Tennessee, what it finds and leads me to is a restaurant in Bar Harbor, Maine- called Geddy's.

Not only that...but if you also go to Geddy's wbsite, you'll find in part of their logo, on the top left corner of the screen, it says, "Geddy's- since 1974".

Who knew??

That's funny, I just answered a question thread last nite, anyone hear of another Geddy, with that same restaurant in Bah Habah ;)

I've looked on Google also, Goat only exists on TRF acording to the mighty G.

Probably not going to hear much from our Jester In Chief today, think he is en route to G-Boro.

• Like 2

I'm actually in Goatnut this morning, drinking coffee on my deck and listening to birds chirp. Greensboro is only three hours away.

Gonna be way cool. I'll try the google search.

• Like 1

I knew we were getting the muddy bathtub?!?? It should be a stage prop in G Boro tonite!
  • Like 1

I've been to goatnut.

Weird place.

• Like 1

Who knew??

with that same restaurant in Bah Habah ;)

It should be re- spelled this way, since THAT is how the East Coasters say it - it's always how it's pronounced in my head when I read it.

I remember Slacka and DM having a whole conversation about it in Pag's back yard, verrrry late at night -

DM asked Bah Habah? Where did the R's go? Did they leave them in Texas in the warsh?

I still giggle about that today. :laughing yellow guy:

• Like 2

How did you get it to pin Goatnut, TN, to Geddys? That is cool!

I thought so, too!

He is a master of the macabre...

• Like 1

It's in my book

Inside Tombstone Mountain: Understanding the maze. Rushgoober had a copy on him during his arrest at Neverland...fortunately you can still buy it on Amazon

How did I do it?

• Like 1

I thought so, too!

He is a master of the macabre...

The food is out of this world!

So I've heard!

Gotta watch out for those crazy morel hunters, though.

• Like 1