37 years show #55 @ Bristow

Mr Rush

This Saturday will probably be my last show its definitely bittersweet. My first Ottawa Civic Center April 1 1978 (originally from Ottawa now in Va) my highlights were 6 shows and front row first time during PW tour. And of course some of you may have read my 20 hour day with Rush during S&A tour when I got to be a roadie for the whole day at Bristow.

Whats your concert beginnings and highlights?

First show was HYF tour at Hampton Coliseum. I was 15 at the time. Day of the show, I was naturally excited beyond belief. Showed up at the venue (after a two hour drive) only to find out that the show had been postponed due to an illness in the band. What a kick in the nuts feeling. Anyways, I was very grateful that my parents let me go to the rescheduled show and drive me again. The original show was on a weekend. Make-up show was a school night. Seeing Rush 'in the flesh' and being one in the moment of them making live music was really amazing.

Saturday night Bristow will I think be my 17th Rush show. Also going to Jersey show. Hopefully that won't be my last but will prepare myself for that fact.

Highlights of my Rush touring:

- camping out during the late 80s. What a great time hanging out with fellow Rushians in the parking lot all night to be first in line for tickets. Got 2nd row and 6th row for Presto tour this way, for probably about $20. F**ing scalpers. If only it could be this way again.

- Cap Center on the Test For Echo tour. Playing 2112 all the way through was simply amazing. The excitement felt when Discovery started and realizing that they were going to play the whole thing cannot be described. This is why I don't check out setlists ahead of time. Nothing like the joy when something like this is pulled out of the closet (similar to Entre Nous and Circumstances)

- Virginia Beach - R30 - won radio contest from 106.9. Got front row seats and meet-n-greet pass. Nothing like being front row center. Certainly does spoil you.

- Nissan Pavillion - S&A - tailgating with some fellow TRF'ers. Met many cool people for which we continue to try to tailgate together every show at the venue. The added pre-show excitement just makes the evening that much more special.

First concert, December 6th, 1982 - Boston Garden. Signals Tour. This coming Boston show will be my 61st RUSH concert since 1982 (it started in old Boston Garden and ends in new Boston Garden). Highlights for me were any concert between 1982 and 1988. I can tell that the second set of this tour will be a total flashback to a tour (MP) and previous that I did not attend. Can't wait!