Hot Chili Oil

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostJohn V, on 09 June 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 08 June 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 26 May 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Thanks all,

I was thinking stir fry as well. It has a unique taste.

It's also very good mixed in with soy sauce and other things as a dip for potstickers or eggrolls.

You can also use it for frying dumplings.  Be sure to have an exhast fan. It will open everyones sinuses as soon as it starts to get hot.
In fact, thats what i'm going to have for lunch.  Ling Ling pot stickers fried in chili oil and dipped into my homemade dipping sauce. I have a bag of them in the freezer.  From freezer to pan with a little water to start.  Easy.
We usually make our own potsickers with wonton wrappers filled with pork, water chestnuts and bean sprouts. Usually add some soy sauce flavor thickened with corn starch so it's not too wet. They are a pain in the ass to make, and I would love to simplify by getting good pre-made potstickers

Sponsored Post

#22 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 09 June 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Thanks all,

It's also very good mixed in with soy sauce and other things as a dip for potstickers or eggrolls.

You can also use it for frying dumplings.  Be sure to have an exhast fan. It will open everyones sinuses as soon as it starts to get hot.
In fact, thats what i'm going to have for lunch.  Ling Ling pot stickers fried in chili oil and dipped into my homemade dipping sauce. I have a bag of them in the freezer.  From freezer to pan with a little water to start.  Easy.
We usually make our own potsickers with wonton wrappers filled with pork, water chestnuts and bean sprouts. Usually add some soy sauce flavor thickened with corn starch so it's not too wet. They are a pain in the ass to make, and I would love to simplify by getting good pre-made potstickers

We have the wraps,

I need to do some thing like this soon. :D

#23 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

View Posttroutman, on 09 June 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Thanks all,

We have the wraps,

They are a lot easier to make if you have one of these little press thingies: http://smile.amazon....i/dp/B000PLUIIS

Posted Image

#24 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 09 June 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 09 June 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Thanks all,

We have the wraps,

They are a lot easier to make if you have one of these little press thingies: http://smile.amazon....i/dp/B000PLUIIS

Posted Image

Looks like some thing for garlic. :D

#25 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Thanks all,

No doubt, homemade would be better than store bought.  But.  Ling Ling pot sticker are very good. Costco has them and so do many grocery stores.  Look for the bright yellow bag.

#26 satchmothesnowdog

satchmothesnowdog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1238 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

You can make your own by slicing any hot peppers you want to use and placing them in a sterile jar, then fill the jar with either olive or canola oil, depending on what sort of cooking you plan on doing. Olive is obviously for lower heat cooking or for using uncooked. This gets hotter the longer it sits. You can also put garlic in it. I always refrigerate this, too.

#27 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

View Postsatchmothesnowdog, on 10 June 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

You can make your own by slicing any hot peppers you want to use and placing them in a sterile jar, then fill the jar with either olive or canola oil, depending on what sort of cooking you plan on doing. Olive is obviously for lower heat cooking or for using uncooked. This gets hotter the longer it sits. You can also put garlic in it. I always refrigerate this, too.

Asian chili oil is traditionally made with peanut oil.  Good peanut oil.  However, the last batch I made, I used grapeseed oil.  Since I cook with it, it was not an issue.
If I was making it for dipping only, then a flavorful oil would be the best bet.

#28 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

Oh, put the chili oil on top of pizza!  I'm having a slice of homemade pizza right now, topped with a green chili oil.

#29 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

Gonna make a stir fry tonight. :D

#30 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

View Posttroutman, on 27 June 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Gonna make a stir fry tonight. :D

This turned out really good,

I used peanut oil for the most part then added a little chili oil. Just enough heat.

#31 Thebuckeye2112

Thebuckeye2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Legend of Zelda, Vikings, Dragons, Synthesizers, Kerbal Space Program, Archery, Climbing, Travel, Writing, Space, Architecture, Aviation, Cosplay

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

I like using it when I am stir-frying Bok Choy alongside sesame oil, I also use it when I am making a batch of five spice pork meatballs.

#32 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8712 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:35 PM

View PostThebuckeye2112, on 04 April 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

I like using it when I am stir-frying Bok Choy alongside sesame oil, I also use it when I am making a batch of five spice pork meatballs.
Those meatballs sound great! I'm coming to eat at your house! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users