Why do people do this...?

YYZumbi

I like the chat but haven't been in there since the tour started because I am avoiding spoilers as much as possible.

As far as why they come in and leave right away, I am guessing a mis-click (I've done that a couple of times myself). But of course, they could still say "hi", right? :P

Then why don´t they leave right away?

Good question...maybe it's a "now that I'm here let's see what everyone is talking about. Eh, don't like the conversation, I'm out."

I think part of it is this. I also think some of the time it's an accidental click.

But every time I'm in chat and someone appears only to quickly disappear, my pride dies a little. Need some aloe for the burn, you know? :LOL:

I find this really annoying, and I don´t understand why so many are doing it.

They join the chat-room. And then they are in there for a minute or two. And then they just leave whitout saying anything.

Why?

Does not people know that you can see which persons that is on the chat on the site, at the bottom.

It´s kinda rude....

People have a life to live. :D

I like the chat but haven't been in there since the tour started because I am avoiding spoilers as much as possible.

As far as why they come in and leave right away, I am guessing a mis-click (I've done that a couple of times myself). But of course, they could still say "hi", right? :P

Then why don´t they leave right away?

In my case, I've noticed that when I've misclicked the chat (I've done this as well, a few times) and go back to the main hub, I see my name's still in the list of people chatting.

I think what happens is the IP Board keeps you active in the chat unless you actually click the "Leave" button on the Chat page.

You know...kinda like trying to exit an application on a Mac but then you have to close it through the damn taskbar :wacko:

• Like 1

Easy answer... they're jerks

And I f***ing lost it. You're on a roll tonight, sir. SOCN no exception. :laughing guy:

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

I think it's sexual reasons myself. They go in there and realise they want to have sex and quickly leave to find their sexual partner. :hail:

Some people go in chat to flirt, some go in to talk Rush, some go in to talk about whatever. Sometimes I have logged in and people were in a fight or having a serious conversation and I pulled the, "Log in/Log off" thing.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nope1.gif

I sometimes hit the "Chat" by accident on my iDevice when I mean to select a forum section. I'm not down wit cat. I don't type fast enough.

Hmm.. Maybe the admins could automate it so that those who have entered the chat room three consecutive times without sending any messages while in the room will be blocked off from the feature.

Why we got to get gumbment involved?

Hmm.. Maybe the admins could automate it so that those who have entered the chat room three consecutive times without sending any messages while in the room will be blocked off from the feature.

Or, we could accept that, chat room or not, no one's obligated to talking if they don't want to.

Tough call ;)

Or there could be an option you have to click:

TALKER or STALKER?

:LOL:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/52/52fbca10346ab42b40d551dd2e6524b34177b292d189df9a9b3a056daf673272.jpg

Just to expound on my idea, it would work perfectly. Here's how:

If the person clicks "TALKER", s/he has a set time to participate in the conversation or they are booted from the chat.

If the person clicks "STALKER", s/he is automatically booted from the chat. :LOL:

I've thought about going in the chat a handful of times just to see what it's like, but I've always had the dilemma over going in there and not knowing what to say especially if I enter in the middle of a heated discussion or a convo about something I don't know or have interest in.
  • Like 1

I've thought about going in the chat a handful of times just to see what it's like, but I've always had the dilemma over going in there and not knowing what to say especially if I enter in the middle of a heated discussion or a convo about something I don't know or have interest in.

I know what you mean. I have been in situations where I was trying to get in the conversation but I couldn't seem to get the attention of the others who were in there so eventually I left. I think I was talking about Rush.

I think it's sexual reasons myself. They go in there and realise they want to have sex and quickly leave to find their sexual partner. :hail:

Some people go in chat to flirt, some go in to talk Rush, some go in to talk about whatever. Sometimes I have logged in and people were in a fight or having a serious conversation and I pulled the, "Log in/Log off" thing.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nope1.gif

I've never seen you in there lass!

Yup, that's me.

I have entered the chat before only to leave again, if the conversation didn't interest me or I didn't feel in the mood to chat with those in the room. And I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

:)

• Like 1

Yeah. I just went in there and saw Segue was in there. But, I told everyone in there that's the reason why I was leaving. :laughing guy:

;) ;) ;) Just teasing, Segue. :hug2:

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/sad-crying-l.png