What's Your Drink of Choice?

Mr. Not

I have to be careful when the proof passes 80. Becomes really easy to get terminally dehydrated and sick if you're just trying to be captain liquor

( March 2015 :scared: )

We've all had those moments! Mine was November of 1988! I haven't had a drop of Southern Comfort since! :LOL:

Beer - It's still Guinness.

Mixed drinks - either a gin and tonic or a White Russian.

I still can't "get" Guinness. One day.

There's nothing to "get".

Guinness is like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting topped with chocolate sprinkles. Yeah, it's tasty and good but I usually don't want it.

When I say that, I mean that both bottled and canned, I didn't enjoy it.

There's nothing "cool" about it, so I'll just stick with the tasty creations of local breweries

You can't drink Guinness from a bottle or a can. It has to be served on tap (a special tapper with nitrogen). Guinness is vile when it comes out of a can or bottle, even when it has that little doohickey to carbonate it.

If you've never had Guinness from the tap, you've never had Guinness.

Gin and tonic. If you've tried gin and didn't like it there is a good chance it was the gin, not you. My favorite is Hendricks. Second is Bombay sapphire. Not a fan of most others.

Very true. I like Tanqueray, but I'm not crazy about Hendricks or Bombay. I think those are dryer. And cheap gin is atrocious.

Tanqueray is the only gin I've ever had and it was what I imagine cologne tastes like. :LOL:

• Like 1

Gin and tonic. If you've tried gin and didn't like it there is a good chance it was the gin, not you. My favorite is Hendricks. Second is Bombay sapphire. Not a fan of most others.

Very true. I like Tanqueray, but I'm not crazy about Hendricks or Bombay. I think those are dryer. And cheap gin is atrocious.

The botanicals added to Hendricks make it tasty and unique. Funny, I find tanqueray to be drier.

Burial's stouts are the best I've had. It's a local brewery in Asheville, NC -- which is arguably the beer capital of the US at this point. Had Young's Double Chocolate Stout at Cock & Bull in NYC and it was great as well. Also love a good Guinness on tap.

Big fan of red wines, many varietals.