What's Your Drink of Choice?

Mr. Not

I prefer just white wine to drink. I really like a nice fume blanc, Semillon (when I can find it) or a dry Riesling. Chardonnay is too sickeningly sweet for me. I prefer very dry white wines.

I have a stash of hard alcohol but I use it for cooking. Most used are: Vodka (Reyka - I really like this vodka! I will enjoy this outside of cooking) and Hennessy cognac. I also use a decent amount of tequila in cooking but I think I just have your average run-of-the-mill brand... Jose Cuervo, nothing special. I also have some sake. I cannot stand drinking sake but use this when I make sukiyaki.

Beers I like lots too many to mention but one I particularly love is the Arrogant Bastard by Stone Brewing company. Also one of note is the Hammerhead Pale Ale by Mcmenamins. Also a big fav of mine is the Lagunitas Cappuchino Stout.

YUM!!!

I also am partial to Islay Whiskeys, like Laphroaig, Caol Ila or Lagavulin. I like others but those are my favorites.

• Like 1

Scotch? An islay, please.

Wine? A chewy old vine zinfandel or petit syrah. A chilled red table wine is finr, too.

Gin? Any top shelf as a martini.

Beer? Porter, stout or a light lager.

Mixed? Kalhua & milk over ice, mojito, or a Mai tai.

Rye? Crown or VO and water.

Tequila? If it's not in a Margarita it better be super high end.

Schnapps? Cinnamon, please.

Bourbon? Only in a whiskey sour.

It all depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes a cold Miller Lite is all I need. If I'm at a bar with Guinness on tap, then it doesn't get much better than that. I love Tanqueray and tonic. No gin comes close to Tanqueray. Then there are times when I feel like "The Dude", and I'm in the mood for White Russians. I also get in the mood for Bloody Marys on occasion too. :)

Gin and tonic. If you've tried gin and didn't like it there is a good chance it was the gin, not you. My favorite is Hendricks. Second is Bombay sapphire. Not a fan of most others.

Beer, it depends. My favorite is Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest. Few places here have it so I also like IPA (Lagunitas is good). If it's hot as balls I'll just toss back a few miller lights. About the only cheapie I like. Almost forgot about Newcastle brown ale, damn good stuff.

Wine. I like the edges. Strong Cabernet sauvignons or sweet moscato or moscato d'asti.

Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 1

It all depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes a cold Miller Lite is all I need. If I'm at a bar with Guinness on tap, then it doesn't get much better than that. I love Tanqueray and tonic. No gin comes close to Tanqueray. Then there are times when I feel like "The Dude", and I'm in the mood for White Russians. I also get in the mood for Bloody Marys on occasion too. :)

Mmmmm...A bloody, extra spicy with lots of creative veggies as garnish is heaven.
  • Like 2

Erm...I don't drink anymore. But when I did, it was vodka. Or Chablis. Or gin. Or tequila.

was it one tequila, two tequila, three tequila...floor?

i never hit the floor ever. I had a wooden leg when it came to booze. I could drink anyone under the table.

:madra: This is news! I'm picturing a 60 year old Mona Lisa at a college frat party putting every "bro" there to shame.

:LOL: :ebert:

I enjoy an occasional adult beverage, but can go for long stretches without touching the stuff. When I do enjoy, my favourites are:

Wintertime drinks - coffee with Kalua, or tea with Dr, McGillicuddys peach schnapps. Sore throat or cold coming on - Irish Mist or Grand Marnier. I also like Crown Royal with ginger ale.

• Like 1

Newcastle Brown Ale

This right here. ^

I don't drink alcohol anymore (seventeen years and counting)...but Newcastle is the beer of the gods.

I also liked Guinness, bottled or tap.

Jack Daniels and Coke

Maker's Mark

Tanqueray

Crown Royal

...and after I'd had a few, pretty much anything I could get my hands on- including finishing other people's half-drunk drinks (which were still half full, after all) after they'd left the bar.

I am in a much better place today, though.

I know, I'm spoiling the good-time vibe of the thread. Sorry. Moving on...

Newcastle Brown Ale

This right here. ^

I don't drink alcohol anymore (seventeen years and counting)...but Newcastle is the beer of the gods.

I also liked Guinness, bottled or tap.

Jack Daniels and Coke

Maker's Mark

Tanqueray

Crown Royal

...and after I'd had a few, pretty much anything I could get my hands on- including finishing other people's half-drunk drinks (which were still half full, after all) after they'd left the bar.

I am in a much better place today, though.

I know, I'm spoiling the good-time vibe of the thread. Sorry. Moving on...

Not at all! You're an inspiration!
  • Like 1

For red wine I prefer the Barolo, Nebbiola, Tempranillo and Amarone Valpolicella types. Spanish and Italian wines suits my tastebuds the most.

Beer - a German weißbier!

White Russian

Raspberry Ginger Smash - Smash some raspberries with gin and top up with ginger beer.

Gin & Tonic. Just got my hand on a bottle of Hendricks gin, and it is hands down the best gin I've ever tasted. I prefer my G&T garnished with a few thin slices of cucumber and lemon.

I'm currently sitting in a vegan brewpub (gotta love California) drinking some sort of oatmeal/rye/barley beer. It's nice -light in color and body, but a good flavour without bitterness. Edited by x1yyz

I'm currently sitting in a vegan brewpub (gotta love California) drinking some sort of oatmeal/rye/barley beer. It's nice -light in color and body, but a good flavour without bitterness.

Gotta say it, I envy you lot out there on the quiet i really do.

Have given the beer a bit of a hammering of late and tonight i'm gonna be watching european Champions League Football (Soccer), cheering on our very own welsh wonder Gareth Bale who lines up for Real Madrid against VFL Wolfsburg.. Was gonna lay off the booze until the weekend but thought to - hell - with - it, so a four pack is currently chilling in the fridge to help wash down a curry with later.

Beer - It's still Guinness.

Mixed drinks - either a gin and tonic or a White Russian.

I still can't "get" Guinness. One day.

Gin and tonic is less familiar but I have them upon opportunity.

Dude always approves of White Russians. A great all nighter gambling sesh ended with some 8am white russians.

Back when I was a drinker my drink of choice was vodka, usually Skyy, as that was before all the high end vodkas were prevalent. A glass of vodka on the rocks with a splash of Rose's lime juice was my go-to.

I stopped drinking that way/that much over a decade ago. Now my drinking is limited to a glass or two of red wine or beer, depending on my mood.