SPOILER- Alex's Technical Glitch in the Big Easy

So in case you missed it, at the New Orleans show, during 'Between the Wheels', Alex had not 1, but 2 different guitars that did not work to start the song. Not his fault, You hear the crowd roars once it gets fixed.

And Alex nails the solo.

Watching it unfold live was painful, Geddy was looking over like...come on ...

In the Video; Watch Alex during the 1st 1:11. It's cringeworthy

• Like 1

Ouch! I know how infuriating it can be when technology lets you down like that

We were on Geddy's side and saw Alex struggling, I told my buddy this is not good.

Been a long time since I seen a glitch that bad.

I remember many tours ago, Alex broke 2 strings at the start of TSOR , took like 30 seconds to get a new guitar..but nothing like this.

Now I want the New Orleans bootleg

• Like 1

Since the song was little known to the casual fan, a lot of people did not catch on.

I have to imagine, as he strummed on his second non-responsive guitar, Alex was thinking to himself "I bring 35 guitars on tour with me, and I can't get one that works!" Edited by Merely Space
  • Like 1

I have to imagine, as he strummed on his second non-responsive guitar, Alex was thinking to himself "I bring 35 guitars on tour with me, and I can't get one that works!"

I think Geddy only started singing when he saw the 2nd guitar, I bet he thought, 'Al has it figured out now'....

Yeah, it looked like they were vamping for a short bit and then either figured it was time to go on without him, or that he had it figured out but were wrong. I did love the audience reaction when he finally came in.
  • Like 3

The same glitch happened in Altanta a couple tours ago, on the same song - pretty much just like this played out... I thought I was having a flashback - LOL!
  • Like 1

So in case you missed it, at the New Orleans show, during 'Between the Wheels', Alex had not 1, but 2 different guitars that did not work to start the song. Not his fault, You hear the crowd roars once it gets fixed.

And Alex nails the solo.

Watching it unfold live was painful, Geddy was looking over like...come on ...

In the Video; Watch Alex during the 1st 1:11. It's cringeworthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=171&v=vKiwnb1-4Z0

Wow.

Yeah, it looked like they were vamping for a short bit and then either figured it was time to go on without him, or that he had it figured out but were wrong. I did love the audience reaction when he finally came in.

they should've just continued vamping. That's one thing I never got about Rush. They want to stay as true to album as possible, yet when Alex (usually) has a tech issue, they go on without him. Like during far cry when Alex's amp blew up, they could've done some runs in the same key, did some runs until it got fixed and then jumped into the chorus.

• Like 1

they should've just continued vamping. That's one thing I never got about Rush. They want to stay as true to album as possible, yet when Alex (usually) has a tech issue, they go on without him. Like during far cry when Alex's amp blew up, they could've done some runs in the same key, did some runs until it got fixed and then jumped into the chorus.

or just break into a polka jam.

• Like 1

In Brooklyn on the CA tour, during Overture, same thing happened, Al couldn't find the guitar tech, I think he had to soft toss the guitar off stage to get the tech's attention. Then he gave up for a minute, and started dancing to 2112!
  • Like 3

In Brooklyn on the CA tour, during Overture, same thing happened, Al couldn't find the guitar tech, I think he had to soft toss the guitar off stage to get the tech's attention. Then he gave up for a minute, and started dancing to 2112!

Is there video of this somewhere?! Youtube, etc. That's hilarious!

Here you go. :)

• Like 8

Good one!

that was f***in great :)
  • Like 1