Another Equipment Question (Spoilers)

Josh Smith

I've been watching youtube clips, and read Geddy's bass list in the tourbook, but I was wondering if any experts could answer a couple questions. First off, is the 1975 Rickenbacker Model 4080/12 (JetGlo) his original one? I know he never had the FireGlo one back in the day, so I'm assuming that's a recent acquisition. Similarly, he lists a 1977 Rickenbacker Model 4001 (JetGlo), though I haven't seen him use it so far this tour. I'm pretty sure every 4001 Rick I've seen has been the BurgundyGlo model. But, since he got his original Rick in 1974, I'm assuming this one is also not the original one.

For the guitar guys, does anyone know if the sunburst ES-335 Alex is using in the encore is his original? As far as I can tell, it's the same style as the one he used in the video from 1974 with Rutsey, and I've seen pics from other tours as well. What about the other two he's used recently? The white one with a pick guard, which he brought out for the encore on the VT tour, and has used in Working Man, Far Cry, and Where's My Thing, and the cream one without a pick guard, which he used on The Trees in 2008. Are those his originals or newer models?

Don't know about the 4080/12. Did see him use a black 4001 in Houston (Red Barchetta) but not in Austin. Believe you are correct about it not being his original.

The sunburst 335 sure looks like his original, but you'd have to ask him or his guitar tech if it actually is. I think on the VT tour I remember reading that that was his original white 335, but I'm not sure he's taken it out on the road since then. He's probably got a few of the signature 335s from when Gibson did a run of them about ten years (15?) ago.