Do Geddy and Alex still live in Canada?

jaksar

QUOTE (jaksar @ Aug 15 2005, 04:01 PM)
Does anyone have an idea whether these two still reside here?

I read somewhere they still live in the Toronto / Scarborough area?

I alse read Neil presently lives in California somewhere.

ohmy.gif

I live in Scarborough!

I don't think Geddy does no.gif

He'd live in the more 'swankier' part of Toronto I'm sure wink.gif

Both live in Toronto yes, pretty sure in the Forest Hill and Rosedale areas (north of downtown and very upscale).

Neil sold his home(s) in Quebec and Toronto after recovering from his tragedies and meeting his new wife, who lives in California.

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Aug 15 2005, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (jaksar @ Aug 15 2005, 04:01 PM)
Does anyone have an idea whether these two still reside here?

I read somewhere they still live in the Toronto / Scarborough area?

I alse read Neil presently lives in California somewhere.

ohmy.gif

I live in Scarborough!

I don't think Geddy does no.gif

He'd live in the more 'swankier' part of Toronto I'm sure wink.gif

ohmy.gif I lived in Scarborough for a bit!

trink39.gif

f*cked if I recall the street name now confused13.gif That was like 20years ago laugh.gif Before that I lived for about 6 months near the Greenwood racetrack.

Neil lives in Santa Monica. While visting my aunt and uncle in Oceanside, we drove up there one day and visted the pier Neil talks about in Traveling Music. Its pretty neat, and one of the guys riding their bikes looked kinda like Neil, but I wasn't positive, he was gone in about two seconds down the bike path.

QUOTE (ByTor2112 @ Aug 15 2005, 03:50 PM)
Both live in Toronto yes, pretty sure in the Forest Hill and Rosedale areas (north of downtown and very upscale). 

Rosedale!!! SAY NO MORE ! NUDGE, NUDGE, WINK, WINK,

Rosedale,SAY NO MORE!!! tongue.gif (Sorry in goofy mood wrong thread.)

bolt.gif

My Girlfriend recently visited her friend in Toronto and whilst there explained to her friend I was a Rush fan (as I'd asked her to try and get and few snaps of the Moving Pictures cover building - City Hall?).

A few weeks ago got a text from her canadian friend to say she'd seen Geddy Lee cycling in Toronto!, so i'm thinking he probably lives there.

Wish there was a cycling smilie!?.

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Lerxstforever @ Aug 16 2005, 03:32 AM)
Neil lives in Santa Monica. While visting my aunt and uncle in Oceanside, we drove up there one day and visted the pier Neil talks about in Traveling Music. Its pretty neat, and one of the guys riding their bikes looked kinda like Neil, but I wasn't positive, he was gone in about two seconds down the bike path.

I lived in O'side for years!

QUOTE (Jack @ Aug 16 2005, 03:59 AM)
My Girlfriend recently visited her friend in Toronto and whilst there explained to her friend I was a Rush fan (as I'd asked her to try and get and few snaps of the Moving Pictures cover building - City Hall?).

A few weeks ago got a text from her canadian friend to say she'd seen Geddy Lee cycling in Toronto!, so i'm thinking he probably lives there.

bolt.gif

Actually it is Queen's Park not City Hall..Queen's Park is where the Ontario provincial government conducts business (we think sarcasm.gif )

Thought I'd let you know biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 16 2005, 04:27 AM)

bolt.gif

Actually it is Queen's Park not City Hall..Queen's Park is where the Ontario provincial government conducts business (we think sarcasm.gif )

Thanks for the info Test! trink39.gif

Maybe I got photo's of the wrong place confused13.gif doh.gif

They certainly look like Moving Pictures cover though.

QUOTE (Jack @ Aug 16 2005, 04:50 AM)

bolt.gif

No problem...maybe your friend got the right building but mistakenly thought it was City Hall tongue.gif

I know that Alex used to live in Stouffville...My dad's cousin, who is a cameraman, met someone during a film shoot that knew Alex Lifeson...He then gave us the directions to his house...so one night, we drove up there and just gazed upon his 3-door garage home equiped with basketball net and Jaguar! It was really neat to know that Lerxst himself was behind those doors...

Also, the reason why my dad got into Rush was for Alex Lifeson's cousin. He lived on my dad's street...so one day, after a shopping spree of Rush stuff at a music convention, we went back to my dad's old neighbourhood and he showed me Lerxst's cousins house...Weren't we lucky enough to find the father of the cousin throwing away the garbage!!!!!

...Anyway, we got-a-talking, and we now learned that Alex's father, Ned, had passed away recently and that he had sold his house and moved downtown somewhere off of Yonge St.

This was about a year ago, and that is the latest news I've heard about the guys homes...but what a really good story to tell my grandkids!! ..If I had any.. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 16 2005, 07:16 AM)
QUOTE (Jack @ Aug 16 2005, 04:50 AM)

bolt.gif

No problem...maybe your friend got the right building but mistakenly thought it was City Hall tongue.gif

Quite possibly, she's blonde. ph34r.gif

Back in the day Geddy had a really cool house in the west end of Toronto, overlooking the Humber river. It was on the side of a very steep hill / cliff, and featured multiple panoramic levels, each one with a balcony or big picture windows. I used to ride down ther on my bike to see if I could see him. Never did - he was probably always on tour back then (late 70's). Every time I go by that house I think of Geddy!

Archived