R40 Merch

61 replies to this topic

#41 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:03 AM

Agreed.  I got 4 of the basic blue R40 tour shirts and 1 of the skull design.

My intent is to wear them except I'll keep one each of the shirts pristine for my collection ... such as it is.

At $9.99, they are cheap enough that you could use them to wash your car.  :-)

I'm sure in a couple years folks will be selling them on eBay as a "rare collectible" for $150 each, and someone will pay it.

Edited by capoetc, 26 August 2016 - 08:04 AM.

Sponsored Post

#42 conan1982

conan1982

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

I just bought four more R40 shirts myself, one for my brother and three for myself. This was after getting two more gray R40 Dalmatian shirts and a replacement Time Machine tourbook.

You just gotta love Geddy, Alex and Neil!

Edited by conan1982, 26 August 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#43 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

I got the black R40 shirt with the seagull at the Buffalo show, and it is probably the most uncomfortable fitting Rush shirt I have. Other than being smaller than normal, it just doesn't fit the same. Seems to be smaller through the chest and waist.

#44 conan1982

conan1982

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 26 August 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

I got the black R40 shirt with the seagull at the Buffalo show, and it is probably the most uncomfortable fitting Rush shirt I have. Other than being smaller than normal, it just doesn't fit the same. Seems to be smaller through the chest and waist.

When I felt the fabric on the black shirts and realized I would probably never wear the one I was going to buy because of it I swapped it for a gray Dalmatian one and paid the extra $10 for it.

Hopefully the ones I have ordered, the blue tour shirt and black skull shirts will be just as comfortable.

#45 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

View Postconan1982, on 26 August 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

When I felt the fabric on the black shirts and realized I would probably never wear the one I was going to buy because of it I swapped it for a gray Dalmatian one and paid the extra $10 for it.

Hopefully the ones I have ordered, the blue tour shirt and black skull shirts will be just as comfortable.

I hope so too. The Dalmatian shirt looks like a different maker.

#46 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5546 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I'm not a big fan of the blue R40 or skull shirt, but 9.99 is hard to pass up.  maybe....maybe.... :scared:

#47 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:08 AM

I think the dalmatian shirt is a poly/cotton blend.  Different fit than the 100% cotton shirts, but breathes better.  I would have been all over the dalmatian shirt if it was 100% cotton, but ... C'est la vie.

#48 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

I may get a few more with the program cover graphic. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) that was about the only shirt I liked from this tour.

#49 conan1982

conan1982

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

View Postcapoetc, on 27 August 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

I think the dalmatian shirt is a poly/cotton blend.  Different fit than the 100% cotton shirts, but breathes better.  I would have been all over the dalmatian shirt if it was 100% cotton, but ... C'est la vie.

It is actually a lot more comfortable than the heavier black cotton shirts are and although it is a blend the fact it's gray it is somewhat cooler to wear in the sun.

#50 robertrobyn

robertrobyn

Positive attitude, positive results

• Members
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Rush and More Rush!! Collecting Rush Stuff!!! My Family!

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:56 AM

I broke down and bought 3 shirts!!! Great deal!! Why not!

#51 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

View Postcapoetc, on 27 August 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

I happened to get the Dalmatian shirt at the R40 show in Atlanta and a great choice it was. It may be the most comfortable and best feeling shirt I own. It fits great and feels great. A few days ago I ordered 3 of the shirts that were at that show from the backstage club. They were 50 bucks at the show but are all 9.99 on sale now. I couldn't resist...

#52 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

:lol: I just ordered that one along with 2 others at 9.99. Couldn't resist. I got the Dalmatian shirt at the show and couldn't be happier with it. It's sooo comfortable...

#53 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostNarps, on 29 August 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

:lol: I just ordered that one along with 2 others at 9.99. Couldn't resist. I got the Dalmatian shirt at the show and couldn't be happier with it. It's sooo comfortable...

Yeah I remember you talking about getting it at the time. I just wish the graphics had been better on these shirts in general. They went all out for the designs on the CA tour. Why they dropped the ball on this tour seems odd to me.

Edited by EagleMoon, 29 August 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#54 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

At the show, I bought the blue R40 shirt and my GF got the jersey.   Cool that they are having a sale!

Edited by Mystic Slipperman, 30 August 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#55 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5546 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

It's funny how much a shirt's underwhelming design will grow on me when the price gets deeply slashed!  :lol:

#56 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27721 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostA rocket that ignites itself, on 01 September 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

It's funny how much a shirt's underwhelming design will grow on me when the price gets deeply slashed!  :lol:
This^^^1000% because it says Rush on it...

#57 conan1982

conan1982

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostMystic Slipperman, on 30 August 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

At the show, I bought the blue R40 shirt and my GF got the jersey.   Cool that they are having a sale!

What is the fabric on the blue shirt like? Is it softer than the black shirts were?

#58 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5546 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

Was just about to put together a nice order of shirts plus some other goodies...prices back up to $24.99.  F my life.

#59 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

View PostA rocket that ignites itself, on 03 September 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

Was just about to put together a nice order of shirts plus some other goodies...prices back up to $24.99.  F my life.

Bummer dude.

#60 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5854 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

View PostA rocket that ignites itself, on 03 September 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

I noticed that too!  I went to look at the blue shirt today and everything is back to normal price; you think they could have warned us, limited time only!  :D  :D  

I have such a glamorous wardrobe, I had to make sure to coordinate.  These things take time !         ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users