Where do I start with Nickelback??

treeduck

I am not a fan of this band either, but I'm curious to know what exactly about them people hate? I know they've taken the 4-chord verse pattern and killed it to death, and I know Chad sings his l'il goatee'd heart out in a sort of over-the-top way, and I know their image/attitude is as corny as hell, and so on and so forth, but there are loads of bands like that, aren't there? Why does Nickleback get singled out exactly?

I think it's mostly due to their popularity

• Like 1

I am not a fan of this band either, but I'm curious to know what exactly about them people hate? I know they've taken the 4-chord verse pattern and killed it to death, and I know Chad sings his l'il goatee'd heart out in a sort of over-the-top way, and I know their image/attitude is as corny as hell, and so on and so forth, but there are loads of bands like that, aren't there? Why does Nickleback get singled out exactly?

Ah. Right. People like them. They must suck!

I just think they're kinda dull. I can't warm up to them, but I don't run screamin' from them either.

• Like 2

I honestly cannot name one Nickelback song.

You mean you can't name any of the titles that the one song they've written goes by Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 4

"Where do I start with Nickelback??"

Well, first you open up the lid of your trash can and..

• Like 1

I can tell you what the lyrics to all their songs are.

"Mumble mumble mumble.......YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never ever forget to add the YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Metallica does that too though.

• Like 3

Ah. Right. People like them. They must suck!

I just think they're kinda dull. I can't warm up to them, but I don't run screamin' from them either.

Well I sure do. :laughing guy: Run screamin' that is.

I can tell you what the lyrics to all their songs are.

"Mumble mumble mumble.......YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never ever forget to add the YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Metallica does that too though.

O my I am stumped!

• Like 1

Totally agree. Go read the 5 favorite bands thread. If we're going to be honest here, many people have bands I'd rank lower than Nickleback in their top 5.

• Like 1

Totally agree. Go read the 5 favorite bands thread. If we're going to be honest here, many people have bands I'd rank lower than Nickleback in their top 5.

Shitback should be a bottom feeder ranked at about 900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

They are a band that certainly divide opinion.

I fall into the "Hate them with a vengence" camp. There is something very false about them but it is impossible to put my finger on.

I saw a review recently of one of their albums, in "Classic Rock Magazine".

The journo was shaking with hate and anger at their very existence. Amazing.

My best friend, who has almost Identical musical tastes, finds nothing offensive in them. His son however, himself a lead guitarist in a band, hates them with a passion. LOL

• Like 1