That Metal Thread

f**k that show, they're usually boring and have bad taste. Five Finger Death Punch and Slipknot? Give me a break. I figured that since there was a desire to create a more tailored thread towards hard rock and metal Post discoveries and the like.

I've been listening to The Sword all day. Really enjoying them right now

• Like 4

the sword's first 2 albums are killer, the 3rd one's pretty good. haven't heard any of their other stuff. saw them open for kyuss in 2011 and they were great

:blink: ....

TMS sucks

Are you referring to That Metal Show by any chance?

If so, I agree. This thread's way much better than that cultural trainwreck! :haz:

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2

Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of Agalloch as of recent. A band whom I've heard in name only but never listened to them until now. Can't really categorize them or pigeon hole them other than just "metal", but I dig it quite a lot! :haz:

This is my favorite song of their's at the moment...

the sword's first 2 albums are killer, the 3rd one's pretty good. haven't heard any of their other stuff. saw them open for kyuss in 2011 and they were great

stick with priest and budgie :LOL:

• Like 1

TMS sucks

If so, I agree. This thread's way much better than that cultural trainwreck! :haz:

yes.

and agalloch is sweet, or they were. their latest is boring as hell

stick with priest and budgie :LOL:

Will do... :cheers:

I like that metal show. It may not be the way you would do it but without that show there would be nothing about hard rock/metal on tv period. I like the fact that they are starting to include some newer acts in the show. When you look at popular radio, culture and the awards shows I would think that this would be the kind of show most members could get into.
  • Like 2

I tuned in to the show for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Lots of glam rock. I waited...and waited...and waited for metal. None found that day. I'm content with just listening to my Xasthur and Leviathan and other assorted lp's. Edited by anthem74

TMS sucks

yes.

I skipped their EPs and the first two albums and went straight into Ashes, then Marrow. Haven't listened to the new one yet, but I was more inclined to listen to it and the band for that matter cause I've seen the album appear on a lot of end of year lists last year, but I guess you were one of the few that didn't like it. Personally of the two I've heard so far, I liked Ashes more.

Reminds me, I should really listen to RIITIIR (Enslaved). I've had that album on my iTunes for so long but I never got my way around listening to it.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I tuned in to the show for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Lots of glam rock. I waited...and waited...and waited for metal. None found that day. I'm content with just listening to my Xasthur and Leviathan and other assorted lp's.

Just this season they had max cavalera, slayer, John 5, Kirk Hammett on.

Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of Agalloch as of recent. A band whom I've heard in name only but never listened to them until now. Can't really categorize them or pigeon hole them other than just "metal", but I dig it quite a lot! :haz:

This is my favorite song of their's at the moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdVobP7DegY

I like them a bit. I'm going to vancouver next month and will see Steven Wilson there. They'll be there the day before Agalloch will be there. Unfortunately my girlfriend won't want to see them...

I tuned in to the show for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Lots of glam rock. I waited...and waited...and waited for metal. None found that day. I'm content with just listening to my Xasthur and Leviathan and other assorted lp's.

Just this season they had max cavalera, slayer, John 5, Kirk Hammett on.

those guys definitely need more exposure :D

TMS sucks

yes.

I skipped their EPs and the first two albums and went straight into Ashes, then Marrow. Haven't listened to the new one yet, but I was more inclined to listen to it and the band for that matter cause I've seen the album appear on a lot of end of year lists last year, but I guess you were one of the few that didn't like it. Personally of the two I've heard so far, I liked Ashes more.

Reminds me, I should really listen to RIITIIR (Enslaved). I've had that album on my iTunes for so long but I never got my way around listening to it.

their first 2 albums are their best! ashes is great too.

I've only heard enslaved's early 90s stuff, fun viking bm

Damn, I just realized I am thinking of a different VH1 show, silly me. I did watch some Saturday or Sunday morning video show and it was all glam. Ack. Leviathan's Scar Sighted is a beast of an album and I can't wait till the lp version drops.