Lorraine

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like better?

2. 2. Which band is more talented?

• Rush
    • The Police
    • Both talented each in their unique way
  3. 3. Who is a better drummer?

Listening to the Police and watching their Synchronicity concert in Atlanta, Georgia got me to thinking of a good poll topic.

I'm not even sure how to answer these questions.

Try not to let what you think are loyalties sway you.

Try to answer honestly.

Yes, Narps, I know. You don't like The Police. :) So this will be an easy one for you to answer. :LOL: :hug2:

For anyone that doesn't like polls, get lost. :beathorse:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I still got 2 copies of Zenyatta Mondatta on original vinyl barely played if anyone is interested... :codger: Edited by Narps

I tried to answer only one of the two questions, and I was told to go directly jail. Do not pass 'Go', do not collect $200... :(

Anyway- I really like The Police. But I like Rush better.

On the question of which band is more talented, I definitely lean toward Rush, but my knowledge of all of The Police's music is too limited to be able to give a fair answer. (That, and I've never listened intently or intensely enough to make that judgment, either).

Interesting poll, though.

Don't like The Police. Certainly not big on that Andy Summer reggae-style strumming that influenced our Lerxst which was one of the contributing factors for the decline of Rush. I need loud rocking riffs. Don't get that with The Police (or at least from the material that I have heard - and I was in high school in the 80's when they were big and overplayed so I heard a lot).
  • Like 1

Listening to the Police and watching their Synchronicity concert in Atlanta, Georgia got me to thinking of a good poll topic.

I'm not even sure how to answer these questions.

Try not to let what you think are loyalties sway you.

Try to answer honestly.

Yes, Narps, I know. You don't like The Police. :) So this will be an easy one for you to answer. :LOL: :hug2:

For anyone that doesn't like polls, get lost. :beathorse:

:hug2: ... Back at cha
  • Like 2

I like the police. Good stuff.

Rush are love.

I added another question.

Who is the better drummer - Neil or Stewart?

I was chewing my fingernails before...now my head is spinning... :LOL:

I'd say that even though Rush's music was influenced by The Police in the very early '80s, stylistically the two bands are still night and day- a world apart from one another.

In my mind, the same logic follows when comparing the talents of Messrs. Copeland and Peart. Stylistically soooo different.

So... :huh:

The Police are great, but not as rewarding as Rush, and a few songs annoy me.

Not close

The police are one of the most bland bands. On record that is..........never seen em live.

Rush all the way.

Mick

I just never got it. I always thought they were just above me. Not unlike Dylan I suppose...

I still need to check out more of the police...I have a two disc best of, but I am aware the full albums are highly regarded.
  • Like 1

I still need to check out more of the police...I have a two disc best of, but I am aware the full albums are highly regarded.

segue your sig has now made me blind. I've typed this massage on pure luck

:rage: :P :LOL:

Mick

segue your sig has now made me blind. I've typed this massage on pure luck

:rage: :P :LOL:

Mick

Its temporary. My way of saying drama over, and my cup of care is empty huehuehue

• Like 1

The Police are good.....Copeland has a very unique sound, I dont know how to describe it and I dont know if this word really fits when describing drumming, but he has a very distinct inflection - how he makes different hits vary throughout the song, his intensity flows really well throught the song especially live. Hes really good, but Neil is better. Overall as a musical catalog, to me its not even close, and I really do like The Police
  • Like 5

The police are one of the most bland bands. On record that is..........never seen em live.

Rush all the way.

Mick

I just never got it. I always thought they were just above me. Not unlike Dylan I suppose...

they're just.........boring And sting's faux Jamaican accent is just so damn annoying.

Mick

• Like 2

The Police are good.....Copeland has a very unique sound, I dont know how to describe it and I dont know if this word really fits when describing drumming, but he has a very distinct inflection - how he makes different hits vary throughout the song, his intensity flows really well throught the song especially live. Hes really good, but Neil is better. Overall as a musical catalog, to me its not even close, and I really do like The Police

:goodone:

I'm a drummer, and I understand what you're saying about Copeland, definitely.

• Like 1

I'll probably get run off the forum for good for this one but anyway....

The Police is one of the many bands I loved in the early eighties, and one of the reasons why I never paid much attention to Rush.

So, I had to answer honestly. Back then, for me (and I emphasize for me), Rush couldn't compete for very long up against other bands.

• Like 2