Hemispheres-HDTracks, Anyone?

Rockosmith

I have. I have a hi-res player so I bought it from Qobuz. There's better dynamics and it's not loud but that might be down to the source rather than bits and bites and sampling rates.

It sounds good to me.

I have. I have a hi-res player so I bought it from Qobuz. There's better dynamics and it's not loud but that might be down to the source rather than bits and bites and sampling rates.

It sounds good to me.

But is that the mastering just released today?

It sounds good to me.

I thought that was just released on vinyl.

The 24/96 version I have was released in 2013.

It sounds good to me.

The vinyl and hi-res remastered 24/96 and 24/192 at HDTracks were released today as well.

Edited by Rockosmith

It sounds good to me.

The vinyl and hi-res remastered 24/96 and 24/192 at HDTracks were released today as well.

Hmmm. Like I said, what I've got is very good, nothing like the series of remasters we've suffered through.

• Like 1

Trustme, stick to the Sectors box sets!!!! If you don,t believe me, go to the Steve Hoffman forums, .

I'm not a fan of the Sectors box sets.

I really like them, i am constantly playing something from them. Too many people dissing the hd tracks versions, so i am passing on them. But to each there own, hope you enjoy then, Tony----cheers

Trustme, stick to the Sectors box sets!!!! If you don,t believe me, go to the Steve Hoffman forums, .

I really like them, i am constantly playing something from them. Too many people dissing the hd tracks versions, so i am passing on them. But to each there own, hope you enjoy then, Tony----cheers

I can upload one of the tracks for you if you wish.

Ok, that would be cool
  • Like 1

Ok, that would be cool

:huh:

The Sectors are not highly regarded. While an improvment over the 97 remasters, Andy used a bit too much compression and there was some dynamic range lost. Also, there were errors and some mixes were incorrectly used. That being said the FBN disk from Sectors, with the fixed tracks does sound really good.

Ok, that would be cool

I sent you a PM yesterday.

Ok, that would be cool

I am getting a potential virus warning from that link :scared:

I bought the SACD version of Hemispheres and it's awesome. Bought Sectors 3 and was disappointed. For me the best versions of the songs are on a compilation called Rush - Gold. Looks like someone did some basic EQ and balanced the songs from the various albums nicely.

Ok, that would be cool

No way. It's just a link to a file I uploaded myself.

It's up to you but I can assure you my credentials are impeccable.

Ok, that would be cool

No way. It's just a link to a file I uploaded myself.

It's up to you but I can assure you my credentials are impeccable.

I believe you Tony, I am just telling you what happened when i tried to go the link, it is unfortunate-----cheers

The Sectors are not highly regarded. While an improvment over the 97 remasters, Andy used a bit too much compression and there was some dynamic range lost. Also, there were errors and some mixes were incorrectly used. That being said the FBN disk from Sectors, with the fixed tracks does sound really good.

Just about anything beats those '97 remasters. Sacre Bleu!