Chris Squier ill, Billy Sherwood filling in

Rushman14

From Billy Sherwood

As we have all learned the news about Chris Squire/Yes... I wanted everyone to know my perspective.

I met Chris Squire in 1989, we became fast friends and have remained so ever since. I've worked with Yes in various capacities over the years, writing, producing, playing, touring etc... and have remained friends with all of them. Recently Chris phoned me to share some rather serious personal news, it seems some medical issues have arisen from out of the blue and they are needing to be dealt with before he can go back out on tour with the band. Chris went on to explain that Yes are meant to tour in Sept/Aug etc... but unfortunately this will be the 1st time he won't be able to go. The band has a deep loyalty to it's fans, I know this well having been a full member of Yes in the late 90's and witnessing the devotion to touring and sharing the great musical legacy with the people of the world who love this band. That said Chris suggested rather than cancel this upcoming tour, the band should go on for now without him. It was truly a bittersweet moment when my dear friend of many years phoned me to explain all this to me and then ask me "would you jump in and play bass and sing with the band till I get back up to speed". I was very moved, as I told Chris, he is the reason I wanted to play bass and sing when I started my professional career... My love for the band and for my friends made the answer very easy, "of course" I said, "under the banner of your returning asap", we agreed and so I'm very honored to say that I will be playing bass and singing with Yes on this upcoming Yes/Toto tour. Thanks to the fans for understanding these unusual circumstances and supporting Yes and Chris in this decision. I look forward to keeping the musical integrity and performances as high as my friend expects it to be.

Wow...doesn't look too good...

Prognosis[edit]

Acute erythroid leukemia (M6) has a relatively poor prognosis, with median survival for erythroleukemia patients of 36 weeks.[3] The 36 week prognosis is due to the rareness of M6b.

When looked at separately, prognosis comes back a little differently (survival, mean ± sd) : M6B (3 ± 3.6 months) versus M6A (25 ± 28 months), and M6C (10 ± 13 months)

Edited by Justin Case

Damn, that's a shame. Chris has always been one of my favorites, next to Moose, Geddy and Les Claypool.

Holy Trinity is Ged, Squire and Steve Harris. When I started playing they were it for me. Tried to get as much midrange as I could !!;)

• Like 1

Damn, that's a shame. Chris has always been one of my favorites, next to Moose, Geddy and Les Claypool.

Holy Trinity is Ged, Squire and Steve Harris. When I started playing they were it for me. Tried to get as much midrange as I could !! ;)

Gotta make it a Mount Rushmore and throw Les in there...dude is a badass!

Holy Trinity is Ged, Squire and Steve Harris. When I started playing they were it for me. Tried to get as much midrange as I could !! ;)

Gotta make it a Mount Rushmore and throw Les in there...dude is a badass!

No Sheehan?