Classic Rock Interview w/ Alex & Geddy

x1yyz

Did anyone else here pick up a touch of resentment here and there when it came to Neil?

I know what you mean, but it came across less as resentment and more the gentle frustration of getting older, and things no longer being quite the same as they used to.

Geddy came across as really being saddened to be coming nearer the end of this part of his career, and of course with Neil being ready to settle down now, it must be hard if for him as he still wants to give so much more! That's how I read it, and that makes me so pleased to think that Neil is possibly doing this tour as much for his two buddies as he is his fans.

• Like 4

Did anyone else here pick up a touch of resentment here and there when it came to Neil?

I know what you mean, but it came across less as resentment and more the gentle frustration of getting older, and things no longer being quite the same as they used to.

Geddy came across as really being saddened to be coming nearer the end of this part of his career, and of course with Neil being ready to settle down now, it must be hard if for him as he still wants to give so much more! That's how I read it, and that makes me so pleased to think that Neil is possibly doing this tour as much for his two buddies as he is his fans.

No, that's not what I am talking about. I would have to go back and read the interview again.

One of the places that I remember is when Geddy mentioned how Neil was never really available to them even when he did live in Canada.

• Like 1

Not at all. We need to stop looking for controversy here Lorraine.

And you need to lighten up.

I'm not looking for anything. I asked a question.

Can't we just make like everything is wonderful and perfect and every song and album is great? Can't we pretend that Ged, Alex and Neil get along perfect and there is no politics or imperfections at all in their relationship now and over the years? :sarcastic: Guess we could and I could close up this laptop and never turn it on again because I would be bored as hell... :eh: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I actually thought the same in a few places

It's of course the interpretation of the tone in the written word

But yes a little resentment and unhappiness

Even if they understand or agree with what Neil's decision or choices ultimately are I think you can tell the other aren't all that excited about it ending

Especially Geddy - a ball of f*ing energy

They all have regrets

No doubt

We all do

I still think another album at least and some shows - not tours

Shows in LA, Toronto, New York, London - that's being very hopeful

• Like 2

I didn't pick up on any resentment...it came across to me as just stating the way things are.
  • Like 5

No, that's not what I am talking about. I would have to go back and read the interview again.

One of the places that I remember is when Geddy mentioned how Neil was never really available to them even when he did live in Canada.

I took that part as being more "Oh, Neil, he's always been a bit of an introvert, so if he's in Toronto or LA doesn't really matter," if that makes sense? Like no frustration from Geddy, but more just knowing his friend and how he works?

• Like 1

I have a lot of other impressions I got from reading the interview, but I will keep them to myself. ;)

:popcorn: then?... :)

Not at all. We need to stop looking for controversy here Lorraine.

And you need to lighten up.

I'm not looking for anything. I asked a question.

Ummm no. I dont think this is a case of my needing to "lighten up". Geddy even said it. Theres no bad guy here.

• Like 1

I have a lot of other impressions I got from reading the interview, but I will keep them to myself. ;)

No point in saying anything. We can't even have an adult discussion without someone getting defensive and in a dither.

Narps, did you congratulate Eagle on her ten thousand posts? :)

No point in saying anything. We can't even have an adult discussion without someone getting defensive and in a dither.

Just did. I just noticed you are bearing down on 20,000 and in a hurry. Since folks are getting defensive and in a dither (as a few always must) that should slow you down just a bit... ;) Dither reminds me of the old tv show Blondie :LOL: Hadn't heard that one in a while. Thanks dear for always making this interesting and fun for most of us anyway... :)
  • Like 2

You can't even post what albums you play anymore or discuss personal interests related to that subject unless the music in question fits the accepted norm.

And I will go congradulate her! I am nearing that number myself (eek)

• Like 3

Just did. I just noticed you are bearing down on 20,000 and in a hurry. Since folks are getting defensive and in a dither (as a few always must) that should slow you down just a bit... ;) Dither reminds me of the old tv show Blondie :LOL: Hadn't heard that one in a while. Thanks dear for always making this interesting and fun for most of us anyway... :)

:LOL: I remember that show! :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

You can't even post what albums you play anymore or discuss personal interests related to that subject unless the music in question fits the accepted norm.

And I will go congradulate her! I am nearing that number myself (eek)

You are indeed young man. Get busy and you may could get it done today... :cheers:
  • Like 1

:LOL: I remember that show! :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

Mr. Dithers, Dagwood's boss.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

To me if that article doesn't tell the story that this band is done touring.......i give up diehards.

Mick

You must have missed the memo. No negativity Tuesday we are calling today.... :codger:
  • Like 3

To me if that article doesn't tell the story that this band is done touring.......i give up diehards.

Mick

You must have missed the memo. No negativity Tuesday we are calling today.... :codger:

I burned the memo.

• Like 2

Mick

I burned the memo.

:rfl: Glad I wasn't sipping my :d13: when I read this one... :LOL: Thanks brother. Needed that

Not at all. Geddy said in this very interview:

"But in the end we decided that we would do a tour, and Neil was fine with that. Once he made that decision, he was one hundred percent there. There's one thing I want to make very clear. There is no bad guy in this scenario."

IMO, Geddy is being a total professional about the status of the band and their touring decisions. It seems to me that they respect each other so much - as professionals and as friends - that once a decision is made, there is no lingering resentment or doubt.

• Like 6

Mick

I burned the memo.

:rfl: Glad I wasn't sipping my :d13: when I read this one... :LOL: Thanks brother. Needed that

I want some Pepsi!

*stamps hind legs*

• Like 2