The ON/OFF thread...

greyfriar

I am taking a sabbatical from TRF. Don't know when I will be back.

My life is very hard and I have very little time for myself. More and more I have felt marginalized on here. I fit in nowhere on the forum. And when the main forum began to get political, I really wondered what the hell I was even doing here.

This place used to be very lively and lots and lots and lots of fun. Those days are gone.

Members I once considered friends are, for who-knows-what reasons, no longer friends.

It's very sad. To me at least.

In any event, I wanted to let you know.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling that way, Lorraine :(

Yes, I too remember the lively and fun days of yore.

I've also noticed some of the political stuff getting in, like you mention... which is odd, since there's a special section for all that stuff... which I never requested access to for a reason.

I hope you take care. I'll always think of you as a friend on here, and I hope you still do likewise.

:hug2:

While I don't know what threads you are talking about, I noticed political talk comes up in threads about the pandemic. I understand that since what has been happening in the world over the last year is very much a political issue as well as a public health one. If it's getting into other places I haven't noticed.

Yes, this place used to be very lively but when Rush retired people started slowly leaving. Also, the world being shutdown for the last year has beat a lot of people down. There isn't much to talk about or look forward to until things open up again. So, you get less posting from everyone since we're all pretty much stuck in the mud until this thing is over.

In the last two weeks I’ve been hearing people talk about the huge decline in USA church attendance and self religious identification. With that seems to be a replacement of religion for politics. This is not a one year COVID phenomenon.

Blue (Becky), No, I haven't seen, and heard from Hemibeers. I haven't received anything from the person, who has that username. Nova, No, I haven't seen Johnny around. I haven't known, where they are.
  • Like 1

I started playing bass, and I'm offline a lot for that. I'm not leaving the forum, that's for sure! :) Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 3

I am taking a sabbatical from TRF. Don't know when I will be back.

My life is very hard and I have very little time for myself. More and more I have felt marginalized on here. I fit in nowhere on the forum. And when the main forum began to get political, I really wondered what the hell I was even doing here.

This place used to be very lively and lots and lots and lots of fun. Those days are gone.

Members I once considered friends are, for who-knows-what reasons, no longer friends.

It's very sad. To me at least.

In any event, I wanted to let you know.

Come back soon! You will be missed. :hug2:

:sundog: :hug2: :sundog: Lorraine, please come back soon. The amount of responsibility and stress on you in everyday life must be overwhelming at times.

Know that there are people here that are always thinking about you and wondering if you are okay, and hope things are going well.

• Like 4

I will be moving into my new home on Saturday. I'm very exhausted, but still have to do some packing. It will take most of my spare time alongside sleeping.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 3

I will be moving into my new home on Saturday. I'm very exhausted, but still have to do some packing. It will take most of my spare time alonside sleeping.

Few things as much fun, despite what the "stressful life event" rankings tell you. I`ve moved only because I wanted to so it`s always been a thing I`m excited about. Hope your new home feels right :sundog:
  • Like 1

I will be moving into my new home on Saturday. I'm very exhausted, but still have to do some packing. It will take most of my spare time alonside sleeping.

Few things as much fun, despite what the "stressful life event" rankings tell you. I`ve moved only because I wanted to so it`s always been a thing I`m excited about. Hope your new home feels right :sundog:

Thank you! I'm now at my new home and it feels great! :heart: A friend of mine just got my wifi working, too, so I'm online again. :)

This flat is like a hotel room, but cozy. Everything is renovated with a good taste, maintaining the spirit of this 1950's apartment house. Classy white surfaces and kitchen cabinets, a balcony facing a beautiful park, afternoon light coming in. Bathroom and shower are gorgeous. I could never have dreamed of living like this. I moved from a worn-out but symphatetic 29 m2 flat with a kitchenette and no balcony in it to this 35 m2 apartment, and I will only have to pay about 40 € more a month. Now I also have a full-sized kitchen.

It's very quiet in here - until I grab my bass. :lol:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 4

Nice to see that Cyclonus X-1 is back, or at least still alive.

I hope JohnnyBlaze is okay :(

He is "doin' good" as we say in Pennsylvania. (we are Facebook friends.) He just hasn't been on TRF.

• Like 1

He is "doin' good" as we say in Pennsylvania. (we are Facebook friends.) He just hasn't been on TRF.

Any particular reason why, or is that confidential?

Any particular reason why, or is that confidential?

Seems like he has been busy but other than that I'm not sure. If I get the chance I'll tell him you said hi!

• Like 1

After tonight I am, for the most part, going to be OFF, spending a long anticipated 3 week vacation in Michigan. I might post little tidbits or a mini trip report along the way, but I'll probably be too wiped out to do so. I'm more likely to sign on anonymously if at all. So if my ramblings don't invade TRF in the immediate future, fear not. This trip has been envisioned, and delayed, for well over a year now. Cheers!
  • Like 1

After tonight I am, for the most part, going to be OFF, spending a long anticipated 3 week vacation in Michigan. I might post little tidbits or a mini trip report along the way, but I'll probably be too wiped out to do so. I'm more likely to sign on anonymously if at all. So if my ramblings don't invade TRF in the immediate future, fear not. This trip has been envisioned, and delayed, for well over a year now. Cheers!

I'm glad you are going to be able to take your trip! Enjoy Michigan and beautiful September- safe travels.

Starting this weekend and extending for god knows how long, I will be OFF.

We are moving, and there will be overlapage, so I'm not sure when the new internet will be hooked up.

Now I'm going to leave this marshmallow right here, and if you don't eat it before I come back, I'll give you two.

• Like 3

Starting this weekend and extending for god knows how long, I will be OFF.

We are moving, and there will be overlapage, so I'm not sure when the new internet will be hooked up.

Now I'm going to leave this marshmallow right here, and if you don't eat it before I come back, I'll give you two.

tumblr_oyaysbAFGQ1wdxwgro2_500.gif

• Like 4

I`m getting crucified tomorrow but if all goes to plan, my Dad`s arranged that I`ll be back on Monday.

A little Easter humour there, to celebrate the beauty of free speech. :yes:

I`m actually moving house and likely to have little or no access to the interweb for a few days. That can happen when you move from very rural to just slightly less rural.

• Like 1