Here There Everywhere

• Please log in to reply
772 replies to this topic

#741 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7445 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:57 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 11 March 2021 - 07:57 AM, said:

I noticed political talk comes up in threads about the pandemic. I understand that since what has been happening in the world over the last year is very much a political issue as well  as a public health one. If it's getting into other places I haven't noticed.
An argument can be made that a global health pandemic should've never been politicized and that it should've always been a health issue only.

Sponsored Post

#742 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 9385 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 01:44 PM

View PostLorraine, on 09 March 2021 - 11:33 PM, said:

I am taking a sabbatical from TRF.  Don't know when I will be back.

My life is very hard and I have very little time for myself.  More and more I have felt marginalized on here.  I fit in nowhere on the forum. And when the main forum began to get political, I really wondered what the hell I was even doing here.

This place used to be very lively and lots and lots and lots of fun.  Those days are gone.
Members I once considered friends are, for who-knows-what reasons,  no longer friends.

It's very sad.  To me at least.

In any event, I wanted to let you know.

Come back soon! You will be missed.  :hug2:

#743 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 14922 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 01:46 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 11 March 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

I noticed political talk comes up in threads about the pandemic. I understand that since what has been happening in the world over the last year is very much a political issue as well  as a public health one. If it's getting into other places I haven't noticed.
An argument can be made that a global health pandemic should've never been politicized and that it should've always been a health issue only.

That can be said for so many things. Climate change and GMOs are 2 of the big ones with each side claiming the other side is wrong. Ignorance reigns.

#744 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 15477 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 02:59 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 11 March 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

True, but it's the politicians who are making the decisions when it comes to how we are handling the pandemic. So, it is most definitely a political issue.

#745 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3341 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:35 AM

My life is very hard and I have very little time for myself.  More and more I have felt marginalized on here.  I fit in nowhere on the forum. And when the main forum began to get political, I really wondered what the hell I was even doing here.

This place used to be very lively and lots and lots and lots of fun.  Those days are gone.
Members I once considered friends are, for who-knows-what reasons,  no longer friends.

Sorry to hear Lorraine.  Not sure what exactly drove you away but I hope things go well for you.  There is less Rush to talk about and Covid has changed everyone.  Take care.

#746 Steevo

Steevo

The Oracle

• Members
  • 13365 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:17 PM

Sorry to read this, hope you come back soon :hi:

#747 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 81875 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:24 PM

I thought of you today when I was listening to Frampton Comes Alive.  :)

#748 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2486 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:14 AM

If you get the chance,read Frampton's memoir "Do You Feel Like I Do", it's quite good.  Take care Lorraine.

#749 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 36475 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:03 AM

I’m sorry to hear this Lorraine.  You will always be welcome here in my eyes.  Godspeed.

#750 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 9385 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:45 PM

I hope Lorraine comes back.

#751 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Tin Cup

• Members
  • 4082 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:22 PM

Has Johnny Blaze been around lately?

Looking forward to your return, Lorraine!

#752 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11940 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:06 AM

Has anyone heard from Hemibeers lately? Seems like it's been a bit since he was on here. :hi:

Edited by blueschica, 14 April 2021 - 12:06 AM.

#753 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 41096 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:43 AM

View PostYour_Lion, on 10 March 2021 - 07:32 AM, said:

Sorry to hear you've been feeling that way, Lorraine :(
Yes, I too remember the lively and fun days of yore.
I've also noticed some of the political stuff getting in, like you mention... which is odd, since there's a special section for all that stuff... which I never requested access to for a reason.

I hope you take care. I'll always think of you as a friend on here, and I hope you still do likewise.
:hug2:

While I don't know what threads you are talking about, I noticed political talk comes up in threads about the pandemic. I understand that since what has been happening in the world over the last year is very much a political issue as well  as a public health one. If it's getting into other places I haven't noticed.

Yes, this place used to be very lively but when Rush retired people started slowly leaving. Also, the world being shutdown for the last year has beat a lot of people down. There isn't much to talk about or look forward to until things open up again. So, you get less posting from everyone since we're all pretty much stuck in the mud until this thing is over.
In the last two weeks I’ve been hearing people talk about the huge decline in USA church attendance and self religious identification. With that seems to be a replacement of religion for politics. This is not a one year COVID phenomenon.

#754 Derek19

Derek19

The Professor

• Members
  • 4173 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:08 AM

Blue (Becky), No, I haven't seen, and heard from Hemibeers.  I haven't received anything from the person, who has that username.  Nova, No, I haven't seen Johnny around.  I haven't known, where they are.

#755 Sun & Moon

Sun & Moon

The Seeker

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:Music!!!
    Playing bass.
    Atalanta B.C.
    Graphic novels, seashores.
    Dancing, reading, swimming, running, hitting the gym.

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:00 AM

I started playing bass, and I'm offline a lot for that. I'm not leaving the forum, that's for sure! :)

Edited by Sun & Moon, 09 June 2021 - 03:01 AM.

#756 librarian

librarian

Aquarian Librarian

• Members
  • 6472 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 11:31 AM

View PostTurbine Freight, on 11 March 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

Come back soon! You will be missed.  :hug2:

:sundog: :hug2: :sundog: Lorraine, please come back soon. The amount of responsibility and stress on you in everyday life must be overwhelming at times.
Know that there are people here that are always thinking about you and wondering if you are okay, and hope things are going well.

#757 Sun & Moon

Sun & Moon

The Seeker

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:Music!!!
    Playing bass.
    Atalanta B.C.
    Graphic novels, seashores.
    Dancing, reading, swimming, running, hitting the gym.

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:38 PM

I will be moving into my new home on Saturday. I'm very exhausted, but still have to do some packing. It will take most of my spare time alonside sleeping.

#758 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 9385 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:45 PM

View PostSun & Moon, on 03 August 2021 - 01:38 PM, said:

I will be moving into my new home on Saturday. I'm very exhausted, but still have to do some packing. It will take most of my spare time alonside sleeping.

Moving home is very hard work indeed. Good luck!

#759 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 13366 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 06 August 2021 - 01:48 AM

off

#760 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Tin Cup

• Members
  • 4082 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 06 August 2021 - 06:42 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 06 August 2021 - 01:48 AM, said:

off

We'll hope to hear from you soon!