Lifeson and Peart On Ecstasy, who knew? Coke and Cannabis Too

Tony R

Big surprise. Who knew?

Passage to Bangkok is about cigars?

Too funny, what with the discussion I just had with my daughter today (college age). We were listening to Bangkok in the car. She was saying it was somewhat racist but she really liked the song. I'm like- racist? She's like- they're assuming Thailand is full of drugs when they travel there, it's a stereotype. I'm like, that's WHY they are traveling in the song, for the drug experience!!! It was an eye opener for her, being raised with DARE and all that, she never thought the song was just all about the drugs. Good thing I never played White Rabbit for her :)

• Like 6

Big surprise. Who knew?

Too funny, what with the discussion I just had with my daughter today (college age). We were listening to Bangkok in the car. She was saying it was somewhat racist but she really liked the song. I'm like- racist? She's like- they're assuming Thailand is full of drugs when they travel there, it's a stereotype. I'm like, that's WHY they are traveling in the song, for the drug experience!!! It was an eye opener for her, being raised with DARE and all that, she never thought the song was just all about the drugs. Good thing I never played White Rabbit for her :)

That's what college is all about these days, exposing the patriarchy and the racism.

• Like 2

Big surprise. Who knew?

Too funny, what with the discussion I just had with my daughter today (college age). We were listening to Bangkok in the car. She was saying it was somewhat racist but she really liked the song. I'm like- racist? She's like - they're assuming Thailand is full of drugs when they travel there, it's a stereotype.

If she listens to the entire song, she'll hear about Bogota, Columbia, Jamaica, Acapulco, Morocco, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Kathmandu. She'll know then that the world is FULL of recreational drugs.....:LOL:

• Like 4

This thread reminds me to try and score Denver tickets. It's been over twenty years since I have been high at a Rush concert or listened to my Cypress Hill compact disks.
  • Like 1

Are there any true stories pretaining any of Rush and acid? Like someone said Red Lenses is inspired by it? I can see that, but it's also definitely got ties to the cold war. Any sources on the acid thing though? I love LSD, and I have to imagine quite a few of their recording sessions must have included it right?

If you haven't listened to Rush while on LSD you truly still have a lot more Rush to experience. It's pretty incredible. Especially the synth era. Layered keyboards while tripping is pretty insane.

• Like 1

This thread reminds me to try and score Denver tickets. It's been over twenty years since I have been high at a Rush concert or listened to my Cypress Hill compact disks.

Do you live in Colorado, or are you planning on visiting for Rush and the awesome perks of Colorado living?

EDIT:Ah just saw your location! Tulsa was awesome.

Edited by kentpilot

Are there any true stories pretaining any of Rush and acid? Like someone said Red Lenses is inspired by it? I can see that, but it's also definitely got ties to the cold war. Any sources on the acid thing though? I love LSD, and I have to imagine quite a few of their recording sessions must have included it right?

If you haven't listened to Rush while on LSD you truly still have a lot more Rush to experience. It's pretty incredible. Especially the synth era. Layered keyboards while tripping is pretty insane.

I think we may be related :)

• Like 1

A couple months ago, I took a research chemical 25b I think. The colors of my wall were changing, and the solo for Afterimage was on what felt like a 20 minute repeat. With that building keyboard section. It just kept playing over and over again. The screen on my computer had a lot of glitching and the bar on the music player wouldn't move. I had to stare out the window to get out of the loop and I was laughing, I couldn't stop laughing haha. Ended up being a bad trip, I stick to LSD now no more research chemicals, except 25i. I quite like 25i.

Immediately after reading this thread I watched the Grace Under Pressure concert (I'm suffering from live show withdrawals!). It was 1984, Alex was sweating one song into the show, chewing gum like mad, dancing and moving around nonstop--I'm guessing he was coked up then.
  • Like 3

Man thats sad to hear.

Love cypress hill! Psycobetabuckdown baby!

Edited by tangy

Man thats sad to hear.

Love cypress hill! Psycobetabuckdown baby!

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along...

A land I have dreamed of only a nine hour drive away...

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

A couple months ago, I took a research chemical 25b I think. The colors of my wall were changing, and the solo for Afterimage was on what felt like a 20 minute repeat. With that building keyboard section. It just kept playing over and over again. The screen on my computer had a lot of glitching and the bar on the music player wouldn't move. I had to stare out the window to get out of the loop and I was laughing, I couldn't stop laughing haha. Ended up being a bad trip, I stick to LSD now no more research chemicals, except 25i. I quite like 25i.

I've never tried any of that stuff before, it's just always been friendly little pieces of paper.Now that I go to a pain clinic and have a narco contract and take a whiz quiz, I have to be smart about that sort of thing

Do you live in Colorado, or are you planning on visiting for Rush and the awesome perks of Colorado living?

Yeah nine hours behind the wheel to paradise. I even crank a little John Denver when the Rockies come into view.

Yeah nine hours behind the wheel to paradise. I even crank a little John Denver when the Rockies come into view.

That drive out of your state was terrifying after the Tulsa show. A wall of black clouds followed me for hundreds of miles. All I could think of was Jacobs Ladder. We drove to the show day of and drove home right after. I was up for soooooo long.

I've never tried any of that stuff before, it's just always been friendly little pieces of paper.Now that I go to a pain clinic and have a narco contract and take a whiz quiz, I have to be smart about that sort of thing

Research chemicals are a lot like LSD they come on little blotter sheets of paper. Put it on your tongue. Research chemicals are bitter as hell though. Taste is awful. Never do more than one tab either, people have died from research chemicals; unlike LSD you can OD on it. So yeah kids, if you're going to do drugs, no what you're taking and read A LOT of info. Also check your mix table and make sure what ever combo of drugs you put in your body isn't a deadly combo.

Edited by kentpilot

Research chemicals are a lot like LSD they come on little blotter sheets of paper. Put it on your tongue. Research chemicals are bitter as hell though. Taste is awful. Never do more than one tab either. People have died from research chemicals. Unlike LSD you can OD on it. So yeah kids, if you're going to do drugs, no what you're taking and read A LOT of info. Also check your mix table and make sure what ever combo of drugs you put in your body isn't a deadly combo.

That's good to know, I've taken multiple hits before. Waking up dead would suck, heavy :(

I always like taking a hit or two and sucking down some bourbon or rum and listening to music or just shooting the shit. It's always quite the conversation

• Like 1