#41 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

View Postnewsboss, on 10 June 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hey, everyone..would appreciate your help with this one, and I hate to sound like a lazy dork(!), but has anyone figured out which set will be played at the July 11th Denver show? Any help with this would help me get even more geeked up than I already am!!

Either A or B.  Leg 2 ends with B, so it depends on if leg 3 picks up with C or starts over with A.

Sponsored Post

#42 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

If they start over again with A then Vegas get's set C (which I saw in Tampa) fine by me!!! NS and JL? f**k yeah!!!

#43 satchmothesnowdog

satchmothesnowdog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1235 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

So did not want setlist C tonight. Of all the songs I don't want it's YYZ. Really wanted to hear Red Barchetta one last time :(  Every fuggin tour since 1980 YYZ Posted Image

#44 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

^ I didn't think I'd be that excited to hear "YYZ" again either, but they are doing it right with lasers again.  (Sorry if that was too detailed a spoiler.)

#45 GorillaStrangiato

GorillaStrangiato

The Seeker

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:39 PM

Setlist C for Chicago.  freaking amazing.  first Rush show I went to without ever seeing the setlist at all.  that second set was too much for my Rush boner.  :)    NS, JL, both Cygnus, xanadu....#hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

#46 rushbass

rushbass

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5973 posts
  • Interests:Music, Motorcycling, Auburn Tigers Football

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:39 PM

I am still waiting on Set List D... you could say I will be "Losing It" over set list D!  ;)

Edited by rushbass, 12 June 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#47 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:39 AM

Well, I got C last night in Chicago and was pretty damn happy, although I would have loved Red Barchetta.  The highlight of the evening for me was Xanadu, followed by NS and JL back to back. That was awesome and totally unexpected. :D

#48 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

With some of the comments I was reading on this forum about them pulling out more jamming songs in the interest of giving Geddy's voice a break, I have to say that if that's really the case, then I am really surprised they didn't add LVS to the set list,especially knowing what a fan favorite it is. I would have loved to see that one.

#49 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3550 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

Setlist C is definitely my most preferred one, and it's the very set we got last night in Chicago!!! :)
Personally, I'll take YYZ AND Natural Science over Red Barchetta or The Camera Eye any day (it does help that YYZ is my favorite song from Moving Pictures of course). I got to hear my favorite two tracks from Clockwork (and the crowd went nuts over them), plus a surprising opener with The Anarchist (I thought for sure it would be Headlong Flight, but TA makes a sick opener indeed). Perhaps my least favorite songs of the night were The Main Monkey Business and Animate. TMMB didn't turn out very exciting and a lot of people left for it, and of course Animate just isn't one of my favorite tracks from Counterparts in general. However, I enjoyed both and Animate got a great crowd reaction! Set two definitely had more deep tracks than set one, but if I had to pick a decade of Rush's career that I wanted more deep tracks from, the seventies would definitely be the one. The only thing I prefer about any other setlist is BTW over DEW, as I thought ahead of time it would be awesome if they dusted that one off, but as with Animate people went nuts over DEW, even my dad since I managed to teach him to love the song in the past year (I basically just showed it to him). Subdivisions was a welcome surprise considering they opened with it last tour. I knew I'd love to hear it and I was right. RTB may be my least favorite Rush album, but I think the title track is officially by and far my favorite song from it, especially after hearing it live and laughing and singing with it. Honestly though, nothing was more madri-cal ( ;) ) than the entirety of set 2. EVERY SONG WAS KILLER! They played my favorite from MP (plus TS of course), three of my four first favorites from PeW, an awesome section of Cygnus X-1 Book II, my favorite bits of Book I (which is my favorite Rush song of all time ever) with a sick drum solo in the middle, the whole darn XA NA DU for crying out loud (my dad's favorite Rush song of all time ever), and the most essential parts of 2112 (whooooo!)! Not to mention they REALLY went deep with the encore. My dad didn't enjoy a couple of those as much, but he loved Working Man and Anthem, and I was astonished at Lakeside Park (Ged sounded great!) and What You're Doing.

#50 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 13 June 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

Setlist C is definitely my most preferred one, and it's the very set we got last night in Chicago!!! :)
Personally, I'll take YYZ AND Natural Science over Red Barchetta or The Camera Eye any day (it does help that YYZ is my favorite song from Moving Pictures of course). I got to hear my favorite two tracks from Clockwork (and the crowd went nuts over them), plus a surprising opener with The Anarchist (I thought for sure it would be Headlong Flight, but TA makes a sick opener indeed). Perhaps my least favorite songs of the night were The Main Monkey Business and Animate. TMMB didn't turn out very exciting and a lot of people left for it, and of course Animate just isn't one of my favorite tracks from Counterparts in general. However, I enjoyed both and Animate got a great crowd reaction! Set two definitely had more deep tracks than set one, but if I had to pick a decade of Rush's career that I wanted more deep tracks from, the seventies would definitely be the one. The only thing I prefer about any other setlist is BTW over DEW, as I thought ahead of time it would be awesome if they dusted that one off, but as with Animate people went nuts over DEW, even my dad since I managed to teach him to love the song in the past year (I basically just showed it to him). Subdivisions was a welcome surprise considering they opened with it last tour. I knew I'd love to hear it and I was right. RTB may be my least favorite Rush album, but I think the title track is officially by and far my favorite song from it, especially after hearing it live and laughing and singing with it. Honestly though, nothing was more madri-cal ( ;) ) than the entirety of set 2. EVERY SONG WAS KILLER! They played my favorite from MP (plus TS of course), three of my four first favorites from PeW, an awesome section of Cygnus X-1 Book II, my favorite bits of Book I (which is my favorite Rush song of all time ever) with a sick drum solo in the middle, the whole darn XA NA DU for crying out loud (my dad's favorite Rush song of all time ever), and the most essential parts of 2112 (whooooo!)! Not to mention they REALLY went deep with the encore. My dad didn't enjoy a couple of those as much, but he loved Working Man and Anthem, and I was astonished at Lakeside Park (Ged sounded great!) and What You're Doing.

I would rather have heard Stick It Out from CP but I gather I am probably in the minority on that. I thought they did a nice job with Animate though. :)

#51 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3550 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostXanadu, on 13 June 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

I would rather have heard Stick It Out from CP but I gather I am probably in the minority on that. I thought they did a nice job with Animate though. :)

I agree, though I'd take Double Agent or Cut To The Chase as my top picks from CP, with Stick It Out in my top five.

#52 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3925 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

I'm so excited!!!  T minus 12 days to ultimate Rush heaven time!

#53 rftag

rftag

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, science, philosophy, wildlife, skepticism, belief systems, consciousness

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

As I understand it they did set A in Detroit and then broke the pattern that had been in place since the beginning of the tour by doing setlist A again the first night in Toronto.

If this is correct, what are the implications for the rest of the tour? If they continue an "ABCABC..." from here on out they would finish at the forum in LA with set C. But there's that break between the 2nd and 3rd legs of the tour, which presents another opportunity to change the set sequence. Historically they have often replaced some songs in their sets after breaks between legs.

I've already seen set A in ATL and wouldn't be disappointed if I ended up seeing that set again as all three sets are great and any new songs introduced to the sets would be exciting.

That said, I really want to see Natural Science (which they've been doing thus far as part of set C, the longest of the three sets).

Oh well. It is what it is. Maybe a new apparent set pattern will emerge as the tour continues.

Any thoughts? Anyone heard any credible buzz about setlist changes?

Expectations are high that "Losing It" will be played at some point because they've been heard playing it during soundcheck at several venues.

Edited by rftag, 18 June 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#54 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

Yes I am wondering too what the rotation is now. I was supposed to get A in San Jose, but now it looks like C, is that right?

#55 TCDaniels

TCDaniels

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

We got setlist "B" in Boston, and I have to admit that I would have preferred "A" - Would have much preferred Red Barchetta over Camera Eye...

And they played BTW when I last saw them on the S&A tour... Would definitely have preferred DEW.  

(Actually - would definitely have preferred Red Sector A, Afterimage or even Body Electric... but out of the 2, I would have preferred DEW - hadn't seen that since the HYF Tour)

#56 pony2112

pony2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

What setlist for NY?

#57 Freddy Lee

Freddy Lee

The Professor

• Members
  • 3063 posts
  • Interests:ℱԻ€ḓḓẙ ₤ℯℯ

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

View Postpony2112, on 27 June 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

What setlist for NY?
I think A...but I want C...

#58 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18335 posts
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

Newark's got a new setlist. Set E. Basically Set B with Losing It replacing The Wreckers. Guest strings on Losing It was Jonathan Dinklege of the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble.

#59 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 18676 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

Set List E in Newark?

Anyway, through out the decades, I have now witnessed the entire Signals album in concert!

#60 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 27 June 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Newark's got a new setlist. Set E. Basically Set B with Losing It replacing The Wreckers. Guest strings on Losing It was Jonathan Dinklege of the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble.

So they played The Anarchist and Clockwork Angels and then Losing right before Subdivisions?

I want Setlist E then for Vegas.....I must see that song live!!!!

Edited by Todem, 28 June 2015 - 08:53 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users