Am I the only one that's NOT totally against this idea?

fraroc

I think it sounds like a cool idea, but don't think it would actually happen. I'd like to see Geddy record a new solo album sometime in the coming years and maybe do a solo club tour or something like that, in fact I think we WILL see a solo album from Geddy sometime in the future since he seems to want to continue play/write/record music for many years to come while Neil and Alex may be thinking of retiring after the last R40 show in Los Angeles. Neil will definitely retire after R40 and I'm pretty sure Alex also will.
  • Like 1

Ged is the most likely to do more projects out of the 3. I can totatally see a new ged solo album.

Mick

I can as well. If he did, it would be nice if he went on a solo tour playing clubs in cities such as Toronto, Los Angeles and New York. I'd seriously be willing to go see such a tour in such cities if it happened.

• Like 1

Ged is the most likely to do more projects out of the 3. I can totatally see a new ged solo album.

Mick

I can as well. If he did, it would be nice if he went on a solo tour playing clubs in cities such as Toronto, Los Angeles and New York. I'd seriously be willing to go see such a tour in such cities if it happened.

As a matter of fact if Rush had never reunited i think we'd have a lot of Geddy albums by now. I've always had that feeling.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

As a matter of fact if Rush had never reunited i think we'd have a lot of Geddy albums by now. I've always had that feeling.

Mick

I think so as well.

• Like 1

Geddy and Alex, once this tour is over and if Rush does retire, forming a Rush "tribute act" with Mike Portnoy or someone else on drums. It wound't be the real Rush, but I feel like if Alex and Geddy, especially Geddy, truly do not want to end it, this could be a good option for them. If it does happen, I already know damn well that this won't be the "real" Rush, but with 2/3 of the Holy Trifecta of Rock n' Roll, it'll come close to it.

Seriously, this guy. Lovely bait, but it actually sounds sincere.

A rush tribute act with Geddy and Alex in it. Brilliant.

Alex is just as near done as Neil.

This is the last run for Rush, kids.

Enjoy it while you can.

All things must come to pass.

Rejoice that you've gotten as much Rush as you have. It need not have been that way. We're all fortunate.

Mick

Mick

I was thinking about that last night.

Definitely the most probable option after Rush retires this year.

I actually really dig Ged's album. I always thought Rush could cover a mean version of Working at Perfekt.

• Like 2

Neil will definitely retire after R40 and I'm pretty sure Alex also will.

You, good sir, are correct.

But yes, I hope Geddy does some solo work. Even better? Geddy doing a run of solo club gigs. OMG, I almost drooled thinking of that. Checking out Geddy at a Sunset Strip venue....some stripped down acoustic Rush covers?

GIMME. :)

• Like 3

Mick

Mick

I actually really dig Ged's album. I always thought Rush could cover a mean version of Working at Perfekt.

i was harsh on Ged's album......but the more i play it the more i enjoy it. i'd be happy with More Ged albums. Since he was the one that apparently pushed r40. I can definitly see more Ged records in the future.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

i was harsh on Ged's album......but the more i play it the more i enjoy it. i'd be happy with More Ged albums. Since he was the one that apparently pushed r40. I can definitly see more Ged records in the future.

Mick

I'd wager only one more, presuming he tours behind it. He only has a few years' left before he'll wanna retire as well and focus on his wine and baseball into his golden twilight. :)

• Like 1

But yes, I hope Geddy does some solo work. Even better? Geddy doing a run of solo club gigs. OMG, I almost drooled thinking of that. Checking out Geddy at a Sunset Strip venue....some stripped down acoustic Rush covers?

It would be cool if Geddy did solo gigs at Massey Hall, Toronto, Beacon Theatre, New York or the Whiskey a-go go, LA.

• Like 1

It would be cool if Geddy did solo gigs at Massey Hall, Toronto, Beacon Theatre, New York or the Whiskey a-go go, LA.

Agreed. :)

• Like 1

Hey, Carlisle Theatre is a beautiful venue, just ask the John Denver tribute act and the Elvis tribute act that were there on New Year's Eve for First Night! :laughing guy: Actually, the Bacon Brothers do like to come here.

Rush will not retire after this tour.

The chance of Rush touring without one of them is ZERO. Any true Rush fan knows that.

Why would anyone want to see Rush performing without one of Lee, Lifeson and especially Peart? Are you really that needy?

• Like 5

The chance of Rush touring without one of them is ZERO. Any true Rush fan knows that.

Why would anyone want to see Rush performing without one of Lee, Lifeson and especially Peart? Are you really that needy?

I like your post but do you really think they won't retire from touring after this one? I could see them recording more music but what we have come to know as them "touring" you don't think that will end?. To answer your last question I have a life and don't even "need" this tour... :codger: Edited by Narps

"The three members of the band have three very different opinions on that question. "

I do realize that but I was just curious what Tony thought and why...

Terrible idea. And the very thought of Captain Bluebeard mangling his way through those beautiful songs makes me want to catapult kittens at the wall.

He already did that...he put together a Rush tribute band called Cygnus & The Sea Monsters.

• Like 1

Terrible idea. And the very thought of Captain Bluebeard mangling his way through those beautiful songs makes me want to catapult kittens at the wall.

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yukyuk.gif

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yukyuk.gif Hey it worked!! Just trying to see if I could borrow your emoticon and I did it. I am a genius... :LOL:

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yukyuk.gif

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yukyuk.gif Hey it worked!! Just trying to see if I could borrow your emoticon and I did it. I am a genius... :LOL:

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends

you can borrow all you like from my website. I am going to offer them to your admin. I have been collecting these since 2009 :)

I like your post but do you really think they won't retire from touring after this one? I could see them recording more music but what we have come to know as them "touring" you don't think that will end?. To answer your last question I have a life and don't even "need" this tour... :codger:

I think they will do a series of short residency gigs, say at Radio City Music Hall, or somewhere in London or in Europe.

I think they just don't want the physical and mental grind of long multi city tours that they believe the fans expect.

I know that the band wouldn't go out as Rush with any other member missing. I also know that one of the band suggested they could do residency gigs.

• Like 1