Am I the only one that's NOT totally against this idea?

fraroc

Geddy and Alex, once this tour is over and if Rush does retire, forming a Rush "tribute act" with Mike Portnoy or someone else on drums. It wound't be the real Rush, but I feel like if Alex and Geddy, especially Geddy, truly do not want to end it, this could be a good option for them. If it does happen, I already know damn well that this won't be the "real" Rush, but with 2/3 of the Holy Trifecta of Rock n' Roll, it'll come close to it.
  • Like 2

Whatever they do that makes them happy is fine with me.

Even Presto II or S&A II.

But I wouldn't pay anything to see or hear it.

• Like 1

Geddy had to coax Alex into this tour as well. From listening to Alex play, he's having some real physical problems with his meathooks and even stated himself he doesn't want to be some Kieth Richards zombie just out there trying to make another buck.

Let them retire. We are all owed that in life, right?

• Like 5

I don't think they'd do it.

Geddy will probably do another solo album or maybe form a completely new band if he really has the desire and ability to continue on making music.

• Like 4

Geddy had to coax Alex into this tour as well. From listening to Alex play, he's having some real physical problems with his meathooks and even stated himself he doesn't want to be some Kieth Richards zombie just out there trying to make another buck.

Let them retire. We are all owed that in life, right?

This ^^^^ Apparently it isn't all about Neil. Alex is having some major issues of his own. Enjoy the shows folks cus sadly (39 years later for me) this is it... Edited by Narps
  • Like 6

Geddy and Alex may make the occasional guest appearance, like they did at the Foo Fighters show (where they played YYZ), but I don't think they'll ever plan to perform Rush songs without Neil.

Good idea if Geddy were to do another solo album to bring a great drummer and cover some Rush songs, just don't call it Rush without all three and depending on the venue and ticket prices, I would likely go. I suspect we may see one or two Rush releases if Neil keeps playing. Staying in playing shape is easier than staying in 3 hour tour shape.

The premise in the OP is stupid beyond belief.

Ok, Lifeson has already said that large scale tours are over but he also mentioned that future gigs were not out of the question. I thought he mentioned that he was open to the idea of, say, playing a few nights at Radio City Music Hall, and I'm sure the band could do something similar in Europe and the UK.

Not a bad idea...if Portnoy is kept in check.
  • Like 1

Good luck. You'll have faux rush death metel versions in a week.

Mick

He might be respectful...

• Like 1

Good luck. You'll have faux rush death metel versions in a week.

Mick

He might be respectful...

he might be.....i just can't stand the guy whatsoever.

Mick

• Like 1

Geddy and Alex, once this tour is over and if Rush does retire, forming a Rush "tribute act" with Mike Portnoy or someone else on drums. It wound't be the real Rush, but I feel like if Alex and Geddy, especially Geddy, truly do not want to end it, this could be a good option for them. If it does happen, I already know damn well that this won't be the "real" Rush, but with 2/3 of the Holy Trifecta of Rock n' Roll, it'll come close to it.

I've agued for years that they should use a different drummer on tour -- one who actually enjoys playing live and shows it -- but it's really too late for even that now, given Ged's voice.

as long as they don't tour as rush I'm fine with whatever they do. and anyone who thinks alex/geddy would allow MP any creative input is crazy.

from what I can tell MP will dick around with his peers but he's not going to treat his idols the same way he treated the dream theater guys. that's why liquid tension experiment was so cool and probably the last MP project that was worth a shit...no one was gonna tell tony levin how to play his instrument.

• Like 1

I guess it's an ok idea but it's not gonna happen. Honestly I wish Alex would do stand-up comedy because god damn he's funny.